Hunting Moose

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Hunting Moose

Post by Isela » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Hunting moose in single-player is very possible. I have a strategy I use that's been pretty successful. When approaching a moose, make sure your mate is approaching the moose head on. When the moose kicks at your mate, go for the rump, bite, and hold on until your mate turns to go heal up on food. Make sure you back off as soon as your mate backs off to avoid getting hit. Once your mate heads off to heal up, put the moose between you and your mate. Make sure the moose stays between you and your mate at all times. When you see your mate's heart turn red, press 'Q' to put your wolf on "trot" instead of "run" (if it wasn't already), and repeatedly press the forward and backward buttons ('W' and 'S' or up arrow and down arrow, whichever you use). This will cause your mate to run instead of walk (AI assuming you're traveling elsewhere and trying to catch up), which just makes the process speed up a little so you don't have to wait as long for your mate to return. It helps to turn your mate's name on to keep tabs on their location. Once your mate is in range of the moose, the moose will turn to face your mate. When the moose lunges at your mate, run for its rump, bite and hold on. Then wash, rinse, and repeat the process until the moose is taken down.

This method is essentially using your mate as bait, which is definitely unrealistic but effective in the game haha. It takes time and patience, especially with the bulls, but after figuring out this strategy the only time I've taken damage is when I'm biting the moose's rump when it's running. Rarely do I need to go and eat off a carcass to heal up. I actually find hunting moose in the game to be a lot of fun! I find myself looking for and hunting moose more than elk :]
Last edited by Isela on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

And the tempest is raging,

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:05 pm

^^ Isela's method is definitely the best strategy I've found. Works with bull elk too. I usually make sure there's a carcass nearby in case you happen to be hit so you can heal up.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Pegasos
Pup
Pup
Name: Maisa, Masaa

Post by Pegasos » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Phasoli wrote:So far, hunting Bull Moose seems to be impossible--at least as far as I can tell in single-player. Cow Moose are easier. What I do is run past the Moose to trigger the bite-icon while having a mate to let my mate do most of the work. I step in at the end, and together, we bring down a cow Moose! I'm trying to figure out this Bull Moose, though. I think, like Bull Elk, they are a bit easier to kill in Multiplayer.
I must agree with this. It does not make hunting easier, although health is moderate..
av by LupinzPack

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Post by 44wolfquest » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:58 am

I have a technique I use in single player for bull elk and cow moose (I don't even want to risk it on bull moose!) I step forward until the mate gets kicked, then attack the rear so that the mate attacks. When the elk/moose runs, I bite then step back to possibly evade the kick. I use the same techniques I described earlier once the moose or bull elk stops running. It works pretty well and I have never died YET in Wolfquest. (The power of yet) :moose:
(`*°•._(`°•._*+*_.•°`)_.•°*`)
For the strength of a pack
Is the wolf,
°•.• WolfQuest •.•°
But the strength of the wolf
Is the pack
(·(·(·(·•·)·)·)·)

Signature by Black Burn

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:40 pm

To kill a bull moose without dying once I had a tactic. I never got the achievement because I was offline. :( If on single player, you find fighting moose, herd the one that runs to a food source. The mate will attack it until this NPC mate has low health. They don't die yet. Then try to dodge kicks and RUN after one attack. :) Good luck attempting the technique! One day you'll get the hang of it, like hunting bull elk.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Hey, about the bug, I've noticed a lot of achievements in multiplayer don't unlock, like "Against All Odds" wouldn't unlock, but we all made it to rendezvous with four pups on Bring it On! Yes, killing moose is very hard. :D
I've killed a bull moose and died only ONCE! :D :D :D

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:20 pm

First you have to run close enough to the Moose so that your mate will
Attack it, while the moose is destacted bight its hindquarters and be ready to run out of reach, while your mate go's to find food go to the opposite side of the moose that your mate left on, wait for your mate to return, when he/she comes close enough the moose
Will turn its hindquarters torwards you allowing you to grab hold without getting hit, repeat until the moose runs, then repeat again when it stops, it takes a lot but eventually you'll bring it down. I've killed many a Moose like this, about 59 to be precise.

Note: do not try to kill a Moose without a mate, it's a waste of time, trust me, I know.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Post by Allikat10011 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am

I get so excited when I see moose. But then it is followed by fear because of how many times they've killed me.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Allikat10011 wrote:I get so excited when I see moose. But then it is followed by fear because of how many times they've killed me.
How dare you fear the moose! XD

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”