Best and worst experiences!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Whitetigress55
Pup
Pup

Best and worst experiences!

Post by Whitetigress55 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:43 am

Throughout any version of wolf quest, which wolf was your worst throughout the game, and which one was the best? How did they get that way?

One wolf of mine, Fire, was an absolutely terrible parent. I think I made his coat brown, and his mate was a slighter lighter brown. When fire had his pups, right after finishing the pack affinity mission, a bear came up to the pups. I was at really low health and I still hadn't driven him off, so I went just out of the den's range and ate a carcass. The bear noticed I was back and before I could return to the pups... he ate one. A little after that, I was turned away from my den, facing the territory behind it. A coyote came up. Before I even turned around, there went another one. I lost my last two by stranger wolves. And I was on easy mode! :o

The best time was with midnight, another wolf with dark brown fur. His mate was awesome, yet often ran away with the pups and dropped them off on the other side of the map...? Anyways, I was on challenging and made it to the rendezvous site with three pups and returning mate. The last pup was past the creek, all the way near the top of the map. After about fifteen minutes, she had been brought back and the whole pack survived!

SamueWolfSword
Pup
Pup
Name: Samue

Re: Best and worst experiences!

Post by SamueWolfSword » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:48 am

I made it to the rendezvous site with all four pups on bring it on.

But the better experience was when I made it with all four pups on bring it on again, but I actually punished myself for ''cheating'' (loading the game to save pups that died), and the punishment was to start a new litter with pups that corresponded to the previous one. Since three pups in the new litter died, three of the previous pups died. I even named all the previous 4 pups awesome names! At least one survived.
Ooo- Signature!
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
:butterfly:
This is hard for me to read.

SunnySideUpSmile
Pup
Pup

Post by SunnySideUpSmile » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:31 am

My best wolf was Ryssianne, where I actually survived the whole game! With one pup. (Stupid eagle... :x :eagle: ) But it took me about 17 tries to cross the river at the Sandbar. (Bison Creek Cutoff)

My worst wolf was Lauriane. She died by a cow elk, she died by 2 wolves :wolf: , she died by a bear :bear: , she died of starvation, 3 pups died from an eagle :eagle: , a bear, and starvation, and she made it to the rendezvous point with barely enough health to run.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that was given to you." ~ Gandalf the Grey, LoTR

"With great power comes great need to take a nap...wake me up later." ~ Nico di Angelo, The Last Olypmian

"...Obnoxious." Haruhi Fujioka, OHSHC
icon (c) by applexpie2

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:43 pm

I'll do one for each version I played.

Worst time- suddenly seeing a stranger at the den and realizing it was here for my babies and REALLY FAST AAAAAAAA. (2.7) And a glitch where I'd play on Slough Creek in the winter, my mate dies and is replaced with a wolf of the default brown pelt with no name that stand there and glides when I push him. (2.5)

Best time- Lupus taking all of my pups across both river crossings. Thanks, Lupus! (2.7) Seeing the amazing treadmill druid, and my pups walking in place while the stranger wolf theme plays. (is there a connection? lol) (2.5)
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Sunfrost23
Pup
Pup
Name: Veronica

Post by Sunfrost23 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:34 am

I've had so many bad experiences. xD The worst may have been when I played the game for the very first time in 2.5 and found out I couldn't bite the eagle, so I'm jamming my spacebar and the eagle just carries my pup away. (RIP Lucy) There was also that one terrible summer journey... I don't remember all the details anymore, but I do remember wanting to strangle my mate.

2.7 has been pretty good to me, aside from one failed journey. My wolf Celeborn was leading his family towards the rendezvous site when a coyote targeted one of the pups. I went to chase after it, naturally, but then another coyote swooped in while I was occupied and killed my first pup, Finarfin. :( Then, while I was crossing the river with Finrod, another pup, the game glitched and swept Finrod away so that he drowned. Finally, we had just gotten to the summer hunting grounds when a bear showed up. I went to attack it and it killed me. We were literally TWO FEET away, this close to finishing the game, and no. :roll: Very sad.

My best experience, however, was probably when I completed the game in 2.7 with all four pups for the first time. I had never done that before, ever, so it was really cool. :D
Out of doubt, out of dark, to the day's rising
I came singing into the sun, sword unsheathing
To hope's end I ran, and to heart's breaking
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

~Eomer, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:24 pm

I don't recall ever posting to this thread... hmm...

Best
  • - "Killing" and then "wearing" a grizzly for the first time back in 2009. Laggy server ftw.
    - Defying gravity. Always.
    - Seeing the 2.7 title screen for the first time. Literally squeed.
    - MotL.
Worst
  • - The WolfQuest Wiki. Always. Too. Much. To. Do. GAH.
    - That darn eagle. (But I'm glad its behaviour was changed in 2.7 haha.)
    - How fast pup health depletes in 2.7.
    - Multiplayer back in 2009. I legit thought I would be reported/would get in trouble with the WQ Team for being in a server whose owner/players told me to leave. I was noob.
    - Cana's leave in 2012. :(
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:03 pm

I keep records (in a notebook) of most of my Slough Creek runs and which wolves I used, so I have a lot of good and bad memories associated with them.

Bad:

Probably my most terrible moment was when I was on one litter with a terribly slow male wolf named Raja. His mate, Blossom, wasn't exactly great either. But that's besides the point. The four pups were Malachite, Malarkey, Bluejay, and Emerald. I (or Raja) had lost track of a coyote that had stopped by for some lunch, and it managed to be a schineaky shnake and slip past my vision, which killed poor little Emerald. Then, later on, just as the remaining three pups and the two adult wolves were out onto the open field for the final journey, I needed to get some food from a nearby carcass. So I went to go do that. I heard the screech of an eagle as I was eating, and started to run back towards the pups, then suddenly, Bluejay died. The eagle only screeched once, and I never saw it land, so Bluejay died to the eagle glitch. I have a no cheating rule for myself, so I refuse to reload if a pup dies, and I instead save over their death. It kinda stunk, but Malachite and Malarkey lived, so I guess that's good? Moving on.

Good:

Well... this one kinda involves a pup dying, but whatever.

Basically, I was with a wolf named Crow. His litter was about to reach the rendezvous site, when suddenly a cougar appeared. I tried to defend the pups, but died in the process. Then the cougar killed one of my pups, Ash. Well, because Crow had died and I don't do the thing where if the wolf I'm playing as dies then it's game over, I had to reload my file, which also meant bringing back Ash, so I had to make an exception for my rule. So that's mostly an inwardly good thing....? :D

Here's another one. With an RP wolf named Phantom, I set up a Loner RP in Lost River. It was one of the greatest WolfQuest moments of my life. Why? Well, first of all, there were a lot of great people in the server that I had fun with and also helped me to develop Phantom's character. Also, that RP stayed up for hours. Like, I mean 4-6 hours straight. It was so much fun. I don't think I've kept anything up for that long. That helped make WolfQuest one of my favorite go-to RP places.

Arctic
Pup
Pup

Post by Arctic » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:03 am

My game ended when the 2.5 version was released and my 'favorite' pup died.
Best ones is when eduweb released current version of the game with new furs and I killed a low healthy Bull Moose on single player. Wohoo!
av by LupinzPack

Cake4ever
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cake4ever » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Well the game I played was glitching when we began the journey. Lol my mate was ok, but he rarely helped me with bringing the pups. I was like...HOW is that "smarter mate??" And...the journey was the WORST EVER. :roll: Yah eagles :eagle: only like to carry 1-2 pounds, but the pups weighed like 20. SUPEREAGLES WAT THE...? :evil: :eagle: :evil:

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 am

A pretty fun experience just yesterday was in multiplayer when I joined a game where people just hunted and goofed off in Amethyst Mountain. We ended up taking down several bull moose, then doing all kinds of ridiculous things like 'hunting' bears and just going nuts hunting everything and chasing off tons of predators/scavengers. Then, after concluding that we would make an awesome pack together, decided to start a new game with pups on 'Bring It On!' mode. I honestly thought we'd be screwed in the first chunk of the game because to me anyway, pups are hard enough to manage even on challenging mode (then again that's only two adult wolves vs up to 8, soo...). Anyway. We ended up only losing one pup (and that was towards the end, not during the journey but only after a while) despite tons of close calls with hunger and predators. During the 'group selfie' screenshots at the rendezvous site, we got some good ones but even during that, an eagle swooped in and nearly got one of our pups. To prove a point, it didn't. It was definitely tough and you had to constantly run around, between hunting, pup food, and predators, but it was so worth it! Tho, quoting one of my packmates at the end of the game, 'never doing that again.' xD Well maybe not any time soon but probably again; judging by how well we did being fairly unprepared, think of how well we could all do with more experience!
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Post by 44wolfquest » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:45 am

My worst experience was playing wolf quest on a crashy green tablet (I still have it there but haven't made an account on the green tablet). I played as this wolf named Sunset and this was my first time with pups! I was at my den and a stranger wolf appeared. I just ran from it, and my puppy Cyrus died! I was so mad, but I chased off the stranger. A day later, I went on the journey. I didn't know about Sandbar Crossing, so I crossed the deep river with my pup Sunlight. I hurried across, but Sunlight drowned! I then ran across the river with Cecil, my white puppy. He survived the crossing, but my not so smart mate Starlight took him back across, and he STARVED! The only pup who survived the journey was Wolfy, my possibly favorite pup, and my only female. My best experience was with Sunset's second litter: Smoke, Wind, Tom, and Muffin. I had no problem caring for them or protecting them. There was barely a predator on the journey, and all 4 lived! I had enough food for them, surprisingly.
(`*°•._(`°•._*+*_.•°`)_.•°*`)
For the strength of a pack
Is the wolf,
°•.• WolfQuest •.•°
But the strength of the wolf
Is the pack
(·(·(·(·•·)·)·)·)

Signature by Black Burn

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”