RESTORE the best view in Lost River!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Re: KEEP the best view in Lost River!

Post by Noctis_ » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:25 am

Neamara wrote:Last I checked, the team closed off the underwall gap (left side of the facility gate) entry point with the 2.7.2 update. If there are other entry points, please share! I've always considered the facility grounds to be the best hangout and I was pretty disappointed to see it patched. :x Maybe have an actual break in the wall that your wolf can legitimately pass through? I'd like to think that there's at least some deterioration to the walls and you just can't keep wildlife out if nature is reclaiming the land.
There's actually a different spot in the wall where you can jump through. I found it about thirty seconds after I was informed that the old one had been patched. I'd be in support of an actual hole in the wall, though, perhaps hidden off in some inconspicuous spot. Or, perhaps on the main gate, the chain link could be folded back a bit in a corner, allowing a wolf to slip through.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Just adding another post here due to the newest update....haven't been on it since (busy in RL) but this post is me hoping that this spectacular view is STILL accessible, and hopefully was not closed off. If it HAS been closed off this is then an appeal to reopen it and if need be make it an official area. That space can always be made accessible via a break in the gate or fence or something ;)

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm

I was able to get in to get a better look at floppy moose, but past the buildings it is walled off. You can only access the little lawn area that is able to be seen looking through the gate. I haven't excessively tried to get past this new wall back to the view point, but I'll probably try again soon. There does seem to be a lot of walled areas in LR that would be pretty cool if they were actually opened.
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:52 pm

Well...that is unfortunate and somewhat distressing news. From what you say it seems that with the latest update they DID indeed close off this area....for good this time. Prior to this latest update, you COULD not only get behind the fence but move freely around the area and well up into the hills...enjoying the spectacular view which I have linked in the first post.

I say that this is distressing because it then shows that the developers and admin seemingly did not hear or did not CARE to hear about the views expressed by both those in this thread and the many in multiplayer who DID not want this area to be closed off and inaccessible. The view is spectacular! And furthermore unlike other glitched areas it did not do any harm to roam around that area and explore. There are other more 'hazardous' glitches (still present in the game) where your wolf will become trapped and unable to escape from the area except by exiting the game/server. But yet this one glitch loved by many, is blocked off despite please to either keep it as is, or make it an official area.

The fact that this was done despite what players wanted....almost makes me want to stop playing the game.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: RESTORE the best view in Lost River!

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 pm

I didn't realize this was a big thing. (I beefed up the barriers around there to keep Mo...I mean Floppy Moose from escaping. I'll see if I can provide a way up to that viewpoint in the next patch. (The BCE grounds are off-limits simply because that area has very crude graphics and it's not meant for close-up inspection. Maybe someday I'll put some work into it.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Dave,
My apologies if I seemed unduly harsh with my post....rereading what I wrote it seems that way to me. I had a very long, hard day at work today....lots of managers not listening to their employees about issues and problems and, when I read the forums at a spare moment, and saw the post about the area being closed off, what with this thread having been around awhile, it just struck me as yet another instance of higher authority's not listening to people. The proverbial 'straw that broke the camel's back'.

You guys really DO an excellent job with wolfquest, and you really DO listen to players and their responses...as evidenced by your reply to this thread. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to reply. While I can't speak for others, I know I would be happy to have a way to be able to gain access to that viewpoint, even if it meant not being able to run around the BCE grounds.

I also really need to find a spare moment to load up the game again and take a look at Floopy Moose...or even try to hunt a moose ;)

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 am

Rustic, you might want to explore Lost River again, around the shores of the reservoir.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Oh? Sounds as if an opening was made with the latest update. I may indeed have to go and take a look.
Thanks for this :D

EDIT: hmmmm....not a HUNDRED percent positive...wasn't on for very long...and only via phone...so a bit harder to see the area...but seems you can't go up to quite as high a vantage point..when get some time (this week promises to be very busy) will have to double check this and maybe get a screenshot as there looks to be a little trail but it's not quite accessible. Again will have to confirm via computer.

Still I'm loving HOW you get up there.

wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfadore » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Not sure if someone already asked, but how did you get to that? just curious, i know you cant do it anymore. but lovely view, i wish i could go!

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Yes it was closed but it has been opened in another way though you can't go QUITE as high....am hoping they let you go a bit higher in a later update but have yet to have time to try and get the screenshot I mentioned.

As for how you get there now go down by where the resevoir is and just swim across the opposite shore.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”