How did you find out about WolfQuest?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

How did you find about WolfQuest?

From a friend
14%
Saw it mentioned on other websites
23%
Google
23%
Videos from youtube
25%
Other
15%

Total votes: 234

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: How did you find out about WolfQuest?

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Way back in 2008, I searched '3d wolf games' on Google. I think WolfQuest was the first link, so I clicked it. And the WQ community hasn't been able to get rid of me ever since. ;)

I already knew a little bit about wolves before, but playing WQ increased my interest in wolves to the point I was inspired to look for jobs where I could work with them. I wasn't obsessed, I was in love. And I still love wolves, everything from their pack dynamics to their physiology still fascinates me.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:36 am

Moon_W0lf wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:I was bored and interested in finding a game where you could play as a wolf, I was reading about the 1994 game, WOLF on Wikipedia when it suggested similar articles, and one of them was WolfQuest, I read about it, got excited, googled it, and that's how I found WolfQuest! :D
You found WQ like me, lol.
Haha, ain't that funny?

ItsLiminal
Pup
Pup

Post by ItsLiminal » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Several years back when I had a huge love for wolves, I was actually combing Google for wolf games, animes, and breeding sims (essentially any media I could find), and found WolfQuest and other games like Wajas/ChickenSmoothie around the same time. It was far from an accidental discovery, and I still frequent WQ and Wajas. :D

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:11 pm

I acually can't remember, but I think I just found it by googling for 3D wolf games. xD
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:35 pm

When I was searching for wolf games. WQ was the first to pop up.
Avvie by me
Only those willing to listen may hold that passionate flame to lead others
Siggie by me
Like Warrior Cats? Come check out my RP Forum at: http://thelandofwarmmists.proboards.com/

Azuris
Pup
Pup
Name: Azu, Azure

Post by Azuris » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:40 pm

When i first heard of the game, it was from a Youtube video i just happened to come across
(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ʌȥυяɪʂ¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)

Δи Ɩ'ʌɛ вɛɛи ωяσиɢ, Ɩ'ʌɛ вɛɛи σωи
βɛɛи тσ тнɛ вσттσм σғ ɛʌɛяʏ вσттɛ
Ƭнɛƨɛ ғιʌɛ ωσяƨ ιи мʏ нɛα
Ƨcяɛαм "Δяɛ ωɛ нαʌιиɢ ғʋи ʏɛт?"

Avvie/Sig©by:Me
Avvie shop

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:43 pm

My best friend introduced it to me when we were like, liiiiitle.

Pokemonz
Pup
Pup

Post by Pokemonz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:53 pm

I was introduced via youtube one day way back when. It was awesome, but I was too young to play without an adult reading and consenting to the COPPA. Now, here I am, 18 in a few days heh.

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:16 pm

I was browsing a youtube channel my friend recommended to me and there was a playlist called,"WolfQuest 2.5" and I watched the whole series all day. Now, WolfQuest 2.7 is out and I got a account for WolfQuest!!!
Hi Beep Boop

wolfbeat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfbeat » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:17 am

I was participating in a program at a biological laboratory. They had these computers out because we were going to do GIS mapping. Coincidentally, these laptops were from a high school and had educational games pre-downloaded on them. So, before the program leaders put everything together, some kids opened up this game called "WolfQuest" and started talking about editing their wolves and which stats they liked and random glitches that happen in-game (like the sky pool, an ethereal pool that acts as a portal for wolves to enter into the heavens simply by stepping in and relieving all their sins and - WELL YOU GET WHAT I MEAN). So, I thought it looked super cool and, after the program ended, I got on the site and downloaded WQ straight away. Instant love. After about a month I registered my name, "wolfbeat," and to play the multiplayer games. Then about another month later I started browsing the forums. Soon after, I started roleplaying for the first time. :) Basically, WQ was the beginning of my sophisticated life. And I haven't even mentioned how obsessed and in-love with wolves I became. :O

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:56 am

wolfbeat wrote: the sky pool, an ethereal pool that acts as a portal for wolves to enter into the heavens simply by stepping in and relieving all their sins
Wow. When life gives you lemons...
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

-Amsel-

Post by -Amsel- » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:36 pm

i actually found out about WolfQuest through a app called Life of Wolf. no offense to the creators but the game was pretty sucky, but if it hadn't been so bad i pobably wouldn't have found WolfQuest. heres how it went;

Okay. so I was just surfin' the app store looking for any good animal simulator, and I came across Life of Wolf. for some crazy reason I thought it looked cool so I bought it, played it, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to eat the prey that I killed. I went back to the app store and looked at the reviews to see if anyone knew how to eat/was having the same problem as me. then I came across this one reveiw, it said something like this. This game is bad, if you want to play a good wolf game, go try WolfQuest! its alot better, you can have pups and everything! (or something like this, I cant remember exactly because that was like, a year ago)
I looked up WolfQuest on google, thinking Just for giggles. i found the site, read about it, asked my mom if i could download it. when it finally finished downloading it was instant love. I just now, like, two years later got an account and started playing multiplayer

journey2009
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by journey2009 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Mine is pretty... strange I guess?

Back in 2008, I was watching Wolf's Rain on YouTube and saw the WolfQuest trailer. I thought it looked pretty cool so I asked my parents if I could download it and they agreed after making sure it wasn't a virus. Then in 2009 I asked my parents if I could make an account for the WolfQuest website so I could play multiplayer and they happily agreed. :)

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:28 pm

I'm surprised I never posted on this thread.
I discovered it when it was advertised on the International Wolf Center's website, on Jan 3 2008, which was shortly after launch I think. I asked my parents right away if I could download it, and they agreed.
██████████████

Azuline
Pup
Pup
Name: Toby

Post by Azuline » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:14 pm

I think I remember seeing videos of it on youtube many years ago, so I looked it up and found the community. Ever since then I've been in love.
"Blessed are the children of the Horned One."
:moose:

-S.J. Tucker

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”