How did you find out about WolfQuest?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

How did you find about WolfQuest?

From a friend
14%
Saw it mentioned on other websites
23%
Google
23%
Videos from youtube
25%
Other
15%

Total votes: 234

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Re: How did you find out about WolfQuest?

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Tue May 28, 2019 10:20 am

I was playing a game called Ultimate Wolf Simulator, but it was not that good, so I looked on the App Store for a replacement. Then I found WolfQuest, convinced my mom to get it, and the rest is history. :wolf:
That's a bit odd, don't you think?

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:40 am

katlove wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:20 am
I was playing a game called Ultimate Wolf Simulator, but it was not that good, so I looked on the App Store for a replacement. Then I found WolfQuest, convinced my mom to get it, and the rest is history. :wolf:
Oh cool, I've seen Ultimate Wolf Simulator before WQ too! We were watching a girl play it on YT to see if it's good, yeah well we didn't get it 'cause it wasn't that good haha
My cousin plays it on her tablet, I've told others about it, but I'm not sure if they got it or not...

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by LamarWolf » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:55 am

TimberRaven wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:40 am
katlove wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:20 am
Oh cool, I've seen Ultimate Wolf Simulator before WQ too! We were watching a girl play it on YT to see if it's good, yeah well we didn't get it 'cause it wasn't that good haha
My cousin plays it on her tablet, I've told others about it, but I'm not sure if they got it or not...
I found wolfquest first and when I looked at ultimate wolf simulator, and watch some one play through some of it I though what this is not realistic so I can't really play any other wolf games because they are not realistic like wolfquest which I found on www.wolf.org.
Life is full of death
It is the way of life
Predator and prey
I bring life and I take it
That is the way of nature

ReaperShadow52
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Reaper

Post by ReaperShadow52 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:19 pm

When I was 12, I had two friends who loved wolves as much as I did and who felt their spirit animal was the wolf. They where the ones that showed me the game, but this was way back in 2.5. I don't see them anymore since one of them has a child now she needs to handle and the other I am not sure what he is up to lifestyle wise. I was friends with them between ages 10 and 14, we went our separate ways around late 14. We where all the same age at the same time, mostly for them because they where brother and sister and twins, and for me just because that is how it seemed to work out.

So though around that time I did not even think about WolfQuest, around 16 I revisited it and started playing it again. WolfQuest is one of those games that I don't think I could every give up for good. I like the concept and gameplay too much and to be honest, though I have seen my share of 'mixed' rps, I still savor the good ones I get blessed with when logging on.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:17 am

I found WQ when I saw the game on Steam. Then I downloaded the mobile version. :wink:

RavensCorvax
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Raven

Post by RavensCorvax » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:38 pm

i really dont remmeber exactly how or how old exactly i was but i think i was around 6-7 years old and my sister brought home a lynx book with a game cd in it. so we popped it in the pc and played it thorugh. it was a kind of german point n click adventure for kids to get educated about wild life of lynx and how they live and eat and such. and i think once played throug we saw like a wolf icon on the end credits or like and extra menu suggesting games that we might like to so we clicked on it nd it brought us to the dowload websit eof wolfquest so we asked our dad if we coudl dowload it and tried it out.

^this story might be a little wrong in some places but my memory is really foggy on how i found out about this game since i was really young but i do remmber that this ynx game did have some connection to wolfquest but yeah thats what i rember

[Necrodistic]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Necro

How did you find out about WolfQuest?

Post by [Necrodistic] » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:35 am

I am curious to know how and when did you guys find out about this game?

I started playing WQ just before the 2.5 version came out. It was in 2011, I was playing a flash game where you played as a white wolf. I scrolled down to look at the comments and saw people talking about a game called WolfQuest. I googled it and it immediately caught my interest. I couldn't understand English (I'm Polish) so after blindly clicking on everything on the website I finally managed to download the game.
Because of this game I fell in love with wolves and started learning more about them; That eventually led me to discovering that I'm a grey wolf therian. :wolf:
When I learned English I begun following the development and was very excited whenever something new came out. When WolfQuest 2.7 was announced I remember wagging my tail and jumping around on my bed out of excitement!

I'm almost 17 now and I still play WQ.
I'm so happy to see this game grow and improve. I love seeing new players discovering the game for the first time and watch this community getting revived. It's incredible how far this game has come. I will support it for as long as I can. (I'm buying some merch soon! :D)

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed May 05, 2021 2:00 pm

I was looking for a wolf game on the App Store way back in 2017-ish. I assumed that Wolf Quest would be another generic "mythical flying wolf" [insert more cringy stuff here] sim with horrible graphics. I decided to give the game a try and I was taken aback, I never expected WQ 2.7 to be so dynamic. I immediately purchased every DLC and soon found out about the PC version and the Wolf Quest website (I also downloaded the PC version of 2.7 but never really got used to the computer controls). Only then did I realize how truly spectacular WQ is.

A few months later, I found out about 3.0 in development and become hooked! I watched every single developer blog and finally made a forum account the day before 3.0 was released. I purchased 3.0 3 days after it was released! Initially, I couldn't run the game higher than "fast", but bought a better graphics card and eventually upgraded my Pc monitor. :-) The graphics card does wonders, but it still can't preform at maximum performance, so hopefully I'll be able to get a decent one eventually (capable of running glorious at 30 FPS or higher).

You have a dedicated fan and fueled my love for wolves, especially Yellowstone wolves! Thank you for educating me so much on them c:
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

superdead
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

I found this game in a pretty odd way.

Post by superdead » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:44 pm

I'm currently 21 but my first encounter with this game was at 14 or 15 when I was admitted to a psych hospital. It was a long-term facility so they had school integrated into our care and my science teacher had this game on the computers in his classroom. I remember instantly loving everything about this game. I'd never been much of a wolf fanatic nor did I ever really consider myself avid in any element of nature but this game gave me a genuine love and curiosity for it. I'd never forgotten the game even when I left the facility (I'm doing much much better now) and when I finally had the financial means to get back into it I bought the game and started playing again in a heartbeat. It's exactly like I remember (other than the new updates etc) and the instant nostalgia and love for this game came back! Thank you for creating this game because it's not only a relaxing and entertaining pastime for me but also a coping skill and I even consider it one of my core memories! :)

Kitsuhime
Pup
Pup
Name: Asuna, Kitsu

Post by Kitsuhime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:47 am

I very vividly remember searching wolf games on Google, saw the old Wolfquest videos on YouTube, and decided to download it. Best decision ever. I'll always remember the OG times xD

Koybayashi48951
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Rex

Post by Koybayashi48951 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:17 pm

It's so long ago that I hardly remember. I was obsessed with wolves as a kid and somehow found WolfQuest classic back in 2014 after desperately digging through Google for a fun game about wolves. Fast-forward to now, and I still sometimes play- and even now I learn new things! It's interesting how nowadays I play more for the educational aspect of things, haha :)

Mikaylawolf2
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Mikayla

Post by Mikaylawolf2 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:08 am

I found out a gameplay video on YouTube 7 years ago I was 11 years old.
Playing WolfQuest for 4 and half years

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”