Wildest WolfQuest Rumors You've Heard

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Wildest WolfQuest Rumors You've Heard

Post by Masika » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:41 am

Shadziulec wrote:The strangest rumor i heard about WQ was really really reaaaaally popular rumor about the human in WQ shooting your wolves in Douglas Fir Slopes XD I dunno if it was popular only for polish people,but it was popular here for sure XD Many fake screens with black dots or human-shaped thingies,lol,some of them were made so terribly that the "human" went outta game window @_@

Here is the most popular "Screen" of it XD
http://orig06.deviantart.net/47fe/f/201 ... 38ud9k.jpg
Hm, I think I might have seen that screenshot before as it looks awfully familiar. Heh, it's funny how a simple black blob on a screenshot can be so easily believed.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:41 pm

I remember hearing rumors in the game's early days (2007-08) that stranger wolves would attack you in their territory. Of course I scooped it up because I've known tons about wolves since I was two, and it was an accurate fact as far as I was concerned. Yet younger me still couldn't grasp the fact that I was playing a programmed game and not a freeform all-updated sandbox.

I also remember that hunter rumor, I never set foot in those slopes for a week until it was disproved. Also any rumors of a WQ Episode 3 drove me nuts, I would get my hopes up until I finally realized some troll squashed my dreams. But we have 2.7 now, yay!
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

renny uwu
Pup
Pup
Name: Renn, Renee, Copper

Post by renny uwu » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:04 am

Thta 'hunter' one I find funny. xD Black blobs drawn into a screenshot have people actually believe it cx

But, the one I ran into, were cougars and bison being in the newest WQ. I was excited but disappointed as well. I also heard the pups would stay with you once you raise them, but still no xD Maybe in future WQ's... hehe I dunno though. But that's one.

N̷o̷ ̷o̷n̷e̷ is going to be with you
s̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̿̿̿̿̿̿ʏ̲̲̿ you will have to be a̧̪͍̫̼͇̕͡l̻̮̠͕̦̙o̸̴͉̼̗͞n̵̴̡̫̯̥͕̟̻̟e̯̰̘̝̟̜

avatar/sig © renny uwu/twinlinskis

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:30 am

I heard a rumor once that you could find a gun next to a dead bear in Slough Creek. I didn't believe it, though.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Sun May 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Someone once told me they saw an actual human hunter in Slough Creek and told me to follow them to it. Out of sheer curiosity I followed them. Of course, there was no human. Or hunter for that matter.

Shiverdam
Pup
Pup

Post by Shiverdam » Wed May 25, 2016 6:12 pm

I remember there were a few instances where people claimed to have turned into an elk and then be playing as one. I believe one of the ways to trigger it was to chase said elk all the way to the map border and then it would happen. Clearly all lies.
"Shiverdarn" in-game

cosmobianca
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by cosmobianca » Sun May 29, 2016 11:43 am

Back in 2011[ish], there was one player who kept insisting that there was a "dead bob" with a rifle laying next to it somewhere in the SC map. We went on a wild goose chase looking for this "dead bob" in the wooded area. This went on for about 40 minutes!

Always be yourself!
Unless it's a unicorn.

Always be a unicorn.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun May 29, 2016 1:03 pm

Definitely Midnight Pass. I was a moderator back then, and people PMed me all the time asking about it, when it'll come out, etc. It was a pain, but also amusing to see how far people will go to believe this stuff.

Then again, a werewolf vs human video game would be really neat. Don't think its ever been done before (I guess Skyrim will have to do for now, haha)

loboLoco wrote:I've seen some posts about a new map that has an entire city in it....but who would believe such a thing?
Hahahaha, Dave!
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sun May 29, 2016 1:25 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:Definitely Midnight Pass. I was a moderator back then, and people PMed me all the time asking about it, when it'll come out, etc. It was a pain, but also amusing to see how far people will go to believe this stuff.

Then again, a werewolf vs human video game would be really neat. Don't think its ever been done before (I guess Skyrim will have to do for now, haha)
I remember PMing a mod (I think it was Alpha Female) about that when the rumors were circulating. I was so gullible, haha. I remember watching a video of a slideshow of several photos of bison, cougars and wolf pups (because apparently you'd play as a pup in the new versions) and believing every word of it.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SapphyWolf
Pup
Pup
Location: Sanfransokyo, because fictional places are more interesting. :>

Post by SapphyWolf » Mon May 30, 2016 6:07 pm

I remember hearing about Midnight Pass, but I thought it was just a nickname for the cattle ranch because it was the only place that had night sky back then. I don't remember anyone saying anything about werewolves. :lol: I saw some videos on YouTube about "Midnight Pass" and it was just players in the cattle ranch.
Hello friends it is I, SapphyWolf~!

Scarlet Kilometers
Pup
Pup

Post by Scarlet Kilometers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:15 am

I kind of wish I'd been around for the midnight pass rumors, they sound like a riot. The only rumors I can remember falling for were the ones about there being able to kill the bear is some way. The Playable Elk Glitch sounds pretty familiar, too.
you can see me, right. tell me what is wrong with this picture.
--John Egbert

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:54 pm

I was looking at old Zombie Pup tutorials for nostalgia purposes, and saw a bunch of comments claiming the zombie pup was dangerous and would eat the other pups and attack you and your mate.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:22 pm

That the WolfQuest forums were accepting new moderators.
Just kidding.

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Kirave wrote:
-Rogue- wrote:Hey, I've heard that the WQ team is working on a patch where you will be able to fight with another online players. Does anyone know if it's really true? Anyways, it would be amazing!
No, it's not true.
Update; see here:
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82659
Here's a short quote:
loboLoco wrote:The game currently focuses on intra-pack cooperation, with inter-pack competition limited to glancing encounters in Slough Creek. But wolves do live in a competitive world. Wolf fights are the most common cause of death for a Yellowstone wolf, typically occurring when pack come into conflict over territory. So, to bring more accuracy and realism to the game, we’ve been sketching out a new two-pack multiplayer mode, and this research gives us encouragement and guidance as we design it. In this mode, players will form two packs, occupying the northern and southern halves of the Tower Fall map, and must communicate and cooperate within the pack while competing with the other pack. We’re expanding the Emotes palette to give players more wolf-like ways to communicate within their pack. And we’re designing new fighting mechanics that will allow players to engage in fierce territorial struggles with other packs.

A critical challenge is designing these new features so they expand and enhance the social aspects of WolfQuest rather than damaging them. While both competition and community are part of the larger “social” motivation, Quantic Foundry’s research found that some players do strongly prefer one or the other — and we know that many WolfQuest players like the non-competitive nature of the game. So PvP will be available only in a new, additional multiplayer mode. Players who don’t like competition can choose the standard “player-pack vs NPC pack” modes, and then engage in PvC fighting to whatever extent they like.
Last edited by 7KodaWolf7 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
They/them only, please!
⤐ "Is not the balance of our world the concern of all?"
~ Nava, Balto II: Wolf Quest

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:06 pm

At the time, that post actually was true - that announcement was made about a year and a half after the post saying the rumor was untrue.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”