What Themes Do You Like to Use When Naming Pups?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

starstablefan_246
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Star

Re: What Themes Do You Like to Use When Naming Pups?

Post by starstablefan_246 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:24 am

I don't usually use themes when naming wolves, I just pick a name or try to make-up one really fast (which rarely happens) and just go with it. Though I don't mind using any themes as I one of my favorite names is fern and another lily. But, then i suppose i enjoy spelling words differently, but so that they sound the same, not sure if that counts as a theme or not. For example i like spelling Tommy, Tommi or Lily, Lilli or Lilly. I love naming things after all! >^.^<
=) Everyone is on top of the world, since there is no bottom of the world =)

Swans Feathger
Pup
Pup

Post by Swans Feathger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Kipcha28 wrote:I usually give them "natural" names (River, Pine, Maple, Hawk, etc) and/or name them after their color (Rusty, Sandy, etc).
I do the same thing usually, but I sometimes name them things like battle or leap.

:wolf:
my favourite games on the computer are: WolfQuest, AnimalJam, Star Stable, howrse and all the dreamzer games.

My favourite books are: Warriors, The Wolf Chronicles, survivers and Spirit Animals.

I will be getting a horse in about 3 years and a half years. So excited!

CapriciousCeilican
Pup
Pup

Post by CapriciousCeilican » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:04 pm

I tend to like Native American names, but due to the character limit I have to shorten them and they sometimes end up looking like Warrior Cat names. Depending on coat color and gender they can get all sorts of names, and occasionally I'll make up a personality for them and name them based on that.

Siaka
Pup
Pup

Post by Siaka » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:00 am

I don't really have a theme; sometimes I name them off singers (coughcoughShakiracoughcough), flowers (Amaryllis), constellations (Scorpius), etc. I usually don't do basic names such as "White", "Maple" or "Leaf" though. I like to pick more unique names ;)
.:HEAR MY CALL:.
One wolf
One quest
One fate

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 am

• I've never really had a theme, I can be casual with names or I can be over the top, like I can use some insults for pup names or make a sentence out of it, or generally just use my annoyance names because they're going to die anyway.
๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ/๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿข/๐Ÿข๐Ÿช | ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿง ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ถ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฟ๐—Š๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ๐—
๐–ฃ๐–พ๐–ผ๐–พ๐—†๐–ป๐–พ๐—‹ ๐Ÿค๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฉ | ๐–ด๐–ฎ๐–ณ๐–ฌ
๐– ๐—๐–บ๐—๐–บ๐—‹ | Lupe

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:28 pm

I don't normally have one specific theme. I usually like to use a mixture of different names from different themes in the same litter.(eg. Aquarius(Pisces sign), Eyota(Native aboriginal name that means..something..\(0.0)/), Chokopi(Native American name(I think))

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:33 am

I mostly name my pups after stars, but every now and then I'll name them after characters from tv series or books, which can be quite hilarious if anything happens to them :') Other times I just don't bother with proper names and try to come up with the most random thing I can think of in that moment, though I usually only do that when I play with friends.
โ˜€ "Beั‚ั‚er ั‚o Lฮนษขะฝั‚ oษดe cฮฑษดdle, ั‚ะฝฮฑษด Cฯ…rั•e ั‚ะฝe Dฮฑrฤธษดeั•ั•" โ˜…

Fifteen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Fifteen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 pm

I usually use the same theme for the entire family! Let's say I named the wolf I'm playing as something in Greek to do with plants; that'd spread to the rest of the family depending on looks, personality headcanons, etc.. cx

Return to โ€œGeneral WolfQuest Discussionโ€