Lost River Discussion [Spoilers]

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Re: [2.7] Lost River Discussion [Spoilers]

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:41 pm

I wish it were more open to move around the falls instead of limited to the steps it would be so near and you should be able to fall from cliffs but from great heights you would loose a lot of health or die.
Go your own way

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Would be nice to have a gravity feature while on the cliffs and such, ha, but that would make the game scarier when your around cliffs then. But I also assume that a wolf would be scared of falling from such heights and avoid doing so. Maybe you only fall if your on a literal cliff or run too long down a mountain and you can trip?
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

paco1225
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Lost River

Post by paco1225 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:02 pm

I really want to know about the mysteries surrounding the Lost River. Like what happened to all the humans? How and why did they leave? What is with those written messages on the houses? I'm really curious! It seems like a post-apocalyptic theme to me, but I'm not so sure.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Besides being an abandoned valley with dilapidating human settlements, Lost River's story and the events that led to its abandonment is up to the players' imagination/speculation. ;) There's no official story to it.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:15 am

I'm liking some of the theories you have all come up with concerning what happened at Lost River (nuclear beavers.. heh); all of them are pretty interesting. Honestly, with that in mind, I think it's nice that no real story has been revealed for Lost River since it leaves room for a lot of imagination and sometimes it can be boring to have a set in stone story. :]

Out of interest, what's everyone's favourite feature of LR now that most of you have had the chance to explore the map? I'd assume the town is the most favoured bit but aside from that, personally I like the waterfall.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:38 pm

I like it too I just wish I could move around more there than being confined to the small path
Go your own way

Legendary Sucker
Name: Ruff

Post by Legendary Sucker » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Besides the waterfall, the container house is awesome too! But there is another house that we should be able to get in! That one near the trailer, a wooden one. It's so frustrating to be able to see how it is inside, having a door opened but can't get in!
ℒιჩεятέ

▻▹ We believe ourselves redeemers, avengers, saviors. ◃◅
We dream of leaving our stamp upon the world...
▻▹ ...even as we give our lives in a conflict ◃◅
that will be recorded in no history book.

ƛℓℓ тнαт ωє ძσ, αℓℓ тнαт ωє αяє, вєɢɪηs αηძ єηძs ωɪтн σursєℓvєs

Av/Sig © Sobakka/Me

Captain Rora
Name: Anda, Rora/Roars, Lawrence
Location: The Point of N̨̗̠̲͔͍̘͜o̫̟͍͉͔̲̠ͅ ̢͈͎̝͎͍̳̥R̨̧̜̣̰̣̟͙e̘̗̣͓̝͓̺̹t̨͈̠̯̙̤͚̭ų͎̖̞̦̲̬ͅr̡̙̥̹̩͓̣̣n̖̠̪͚̩̞͈͙

Post by Captain Rora » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:16 pm

I personally love the little valley and plateau-y area. I can't remember exactly where it is, somewhere near the elk hunting ground and one of the wolf territories to the western side of the map...?

I love all the long grass. It looks a bit like the countryside around here at the moment, actually. xD
- A U R O R A -
).........(\_
((.____/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (.;._ \\
DISTANT BLOODS PACK
- HEY AH HEY AH ♥︎
The Box of S̱̪̘̖̙͇̱̜͚̝͜ͅh̢̡̳̬̗̖͎̞̠͖̱ͅa̫̹͉̫̗͉̞̰̖̣͇̗m̤͖̖͎̖̼͔̯̤̩̪̫ḛ̡̠̗͉̰̳̰̞̫ͅͅ

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:52 am

I love the waterfall, but I mostly enjoy a trailer house in the city that you can actually go inside! It's good for playing hide and seek and surprising the other players, haha.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:45 am

I love this map! I used the hunting grounds to get enough exp for a white pup, and had fun exploring. My theory is that the beavers caused the evacuation.
Edit: I used a glitch to bring a bear down to half health in Allison Acres. Fun.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Personally, I have always enjoyed the fire tower and the surrounding hilltop. It reminds me of a place I know in real life and I think it has a great balance of nature and human impacts. I only wish you could climb the fire tower stairs. That would be so awesome. In general, though, I love the LR map.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Nevara
Pup
Pup
Name: Kiki

Post by Nevara » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Being the band geek I am, my favorite feature of LR are probably the different soundtracks ^^
Alto saxophones forever~

Icon by LupinzPack

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:17 pm

I was wandering around the Lost River and had an idea about maybe a spirit wolf hiding in the abandoned coffee shop. (Maybe I'll use that for roleplay.)

It seems most likely that the river flooded and the humans had to evacuate. But maybe not.

StormRyder36
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Usually Colorado or Wyoming, unless I am on an adventure!

Post by StormRyder36 » Mon May 02, 2016 5:55 pm

SPOILER ALERT

Lost river is a wonderful edition to an already wonderful game!! I have found all the LR achievements and I still find details that the game developers took time to put in :) By the way, I was jumping around the BCE facility like an idiot when I accidentally glitched inside. It had many 2D planes looking like a research lab. Not sure if it is unfinished or left like that. I think that the beaver problem was not the cause of the apocalypse, but just the sign. Those beavers probably flooded everything and dammed up the river (I love the beaver sounds!) There is an overturned truck in the middle of the road. I think that there was a man-made accident, like the radioactive incident at Chernobyl. Maybe the truck accidentally caused a radioactive chemical spill, and the lazy humans just evacuated, too lazy to clean up? Or just an incident of cancer-causing chemicals from the BCE facility itself. The game says something about "Something tells you not to have pups here" when you find a mate. I think that Lost River may be radioactive. Which would mean that the beavers may be mutant. XD
Kudos to the awesome details that the developers put in!!!
P.S: Hunting in the town is a bit easier since the elk crash into walls. You can get experience here, then go to Amethyst to get a mate.
My life philosophy: You can't predict the future, so why be afraid?

MGandalf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Maria

Post by MGandalf » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:44 pm

StormRyder36 wrote:SPOILER ALERT

Lost river is a wonderful edition to an already wonderful game!! I have found all the LR achievements and I still find details that the game developers took time to put in :) By the way, I was jumping around the BCE facility like an idiot when I accidentally glitched inside. It had many 2D planes looking like a research lab. Not sure if it is unfinished or left like that. I think that the beaver problem was not the cause of the apocalypse, but just the sign. Those beavers probably flooded everything and dammed up the river (I love the beaver sounds!) There is an overturned truck in the middle of the road. I think that there was a man-made accident, like the radioactive incident at Chernobyl. Maybe the truck accidentally caused a radioactive chemical spill, and the lazy humans just evacuated, too lazy to clean up? Or just an incident of cancer-causing chemicals from the BCE facility itself. The game says something about "Something tells you not to have pups here" when you find a mate. I think that Lost River may be radioactive. Which would mean that the beavers may be mutant. XD
Kudos to the awesome details that the developers put in!!!
P.S: Hunting in the town is a bit easier since the elk crash into walls. You can get experience here, then go to Amethyst to get a mate.
I really like this theory ^^ But according to this, if the town were really radioactive, when we got there, after a long period could the wolf mutate because the contact with the radioactive air?

My Artworks Shop
My DeviantART

•°•°•°•∞|•·×±×·•|∞•°•°•°•
Maybe it was all in my mind,
But why should that mean
It is not real?
•°•°•°•∞|•·×±×·•|∞•°•°•°•
Sig × Black Burn
──────────────────
FIRE VALLEY PACK
ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ - ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ
ᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ