Requesting approval for posting image/media tags

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Re: Requesting approval for posting images/image tags

Post by MimpiDreams » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:50 am

Really
~MIMPI~
~I RUN INTO A NEW QUEST~
~I CHASE ONE DREAM~
~BUT IT SLIP AWAY AGAIN AND AGAIN~
~AND THAT QUEST IS TOO LONG~

thanks ICEWOLF636 and FuzzyDesertPaw

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:58 am

mimpi1000game wrote:Really
Yes. Please make sure you have at least three words in your posts, otherwise they are considered spam.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Dragonbot
Pup
Pup

Post by Dragonbot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Sent in my request!
Thanks

:wolf: :pawprint: :wolf: :pawprint:
What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

Wolfwind

Post by Wolfwind » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Sent in mine :D Can't wait to share some screenshots this way if I get approved! ^^

My art: canis-ferox.deviantart.com

"I like being weird. Weird's all I've got. That and my sweet style."

Wnao

Post by Wnao » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Request sent! :)

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Wnao wrote:Request sent! :)
In the future, please make sure your posts are at least three words; this does not in include emoticons. Otherwise, they might be seen as spam.

Arctic
Pup
Pup

Post by Arctic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Just sent my request.
av by LupinzPack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Yay, I submitted my request! :D
Thanks for explaining how to do it --took me no time at all to figure it out. When I saw the beta testers' user groups, oh boy. I really want to be a beta tester for WQ3.
I hope to be approved by the moderaters --then I can post the hilarious bugs I find in the game! :mrgreen:

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:51 am

Unfortunately I am unable to gain permission for personal reasons, even though I fit all of the requirements.
Why not just review all posts with a submitted image? The process right now seems unnecessarily intricate.
Idea:
E.g if I post an image my post does not show up until a moderator approves it. Simple. If it doesn’t get approved then the user gets a warning.

That way there’s no need to create ‘group/club’ memberships that require your email address, user activity and account age..

Also it’s really easy for a user to just link to their image. It defeats the entire purpose of this system?
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:53 pm

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:51 am
Why not just review all posts with a submitted image? The process right now seems unnecessarily intricate.
Idea:
E.g if I post an image my post does not show up until a moderator approves it. Simple. If it doesn’t get approved then the user gets a warning.
Unfortunately, this isn't how phpBB works. Approval is a hard "is" or" is not" condition controlled by forum roles/a set of permissions applied to each individual forum. There's no "if" exception in a vanilla install without an extension that can catch admin- and mod-defined conditions. For your idea to work, we'd need something capable of doing an "if" [img] or [media] tag, send to moderation queue check. Without extensions, our options are fairly limited. Enabling both approval and image/media tags would queue all posts for designated usergroups, including those without image or media tagged content.

GoldenBeauty wrote:
That way there’s no need to create ‘group/club’ memberships
As above, it is necessary for specific tasks. phpBB isn't a super-advanced board software like Invision Community/IPboard, vBulletin or similar solutions. Group dependencies are a way to skirt around some limitations we're presented with, such as image tags, though it's far from a perfect solution.

Before 2015, you couldn't even post links with URL code or auto-parsing. Image tags are forum role/permissions-based, so we needed a way to give people access and be able to moderate it without it being easy to abuse. This was the best vanilla system we could come up with at the time.

GoldenBeauty wrote:
that require your email address, user activity and account age..
We only look into post history and join dates. Beyond those, nothing else is evaluated and won't affect your request to join. It is purely to check whether or not an account is in good standing. Just to clear that up. ^^;

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Also it’s really easy for a user to just link to their image. It defeats the entire purpose of this system?
This group pre-dates the supporting Media Embed Plug-in extension by about four years. Auto-parsing of media embeds is now disabled. Going forward, [media] tags made starting as of this post will now rely on being a member of the renamed Images & Media Tags group.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm

I understand now because of the technical difficulties associated with it., which is kind of a shame. WQ is built upon an old system.
This group pre-dates the supporting ABBC3 extension by about four years. Auto-parsing of media embeds is now disabled. Going forward, [media] tags made starting as of this post will now rely on being a member of the renamed Images & Media Tags group.
Could you simplify it for me? I'm not sure I completely understand, not being an expert at the terminology & all. If a user links an image then isn't that the same thing as not gaining approval to join an image tag user group?
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:48 pm

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm
Could you simplify it for me? I'm not sure I completely understand, not being an expert at the terminology & all.
Tweaked my previous post a bit because I mistook one extension for another -- the auto-parsed embeds are part of the Media Embed plug-in. ABBC3 (Advanced BBCode Box 3) is the extension responsible for the improved/modernized message posting interface versus the old/vanilla message posting experience and handling group-restricted BBCodes. Media tags are BBCode, but they're actually handled through their own separate extension. Apologies.

GoldenBeauty wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm
If a user links an image then isn't that the same thing as not gaining approval to join an image tag user group?
It was indeed an overlooked bypass that I've been keeping an eye on. While it hasn't exactly been abused, it's better to address it to help protect against misuse.

Media Embed Plug-in was responsible for converting raw URLs into embeds provided the service supports it. E.g., posting a Twitter link before today would automatically parse the link into a Twitter embed. So instead of seeing a plain link -- in this example, I'll use https://twitter.com/WolfQuestGame/statu ... 3279733766 -- the plug-in would automatically replace the plain link with an embed showing the tweet like so-

To get the same result, you'll need to wrap the link in media tags.

Code: Select all

[media]https://twitter.com/WolfQuestGame/status/1347311353279733766[/media]
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

_Furia_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Requesting approval for posting image/media tags

Post by _Furia_ » Mon May 16, 2022 10:01 am

Testing

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”