Sharing WQ with Friends & Family: Your Experiences

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Re: Sharing WQ with Friends & Family: Your Experiences

Post by alethe » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:06 pm

My friend got an account here. She's AriaoftheSoul.
Several of my other friends play Wolfquest. Not sure if they have accounts. I should get some more of my friend group. For the fun.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Reviving this a bit....

I actually have played WolfQuest with my husband and a couple adult friends that have young children. I often tell a lot of my gamer friends about the game if they have kids and that they might like to play the game with them, or perhaps just like to run around and goof off. A friend of mine is a 5th grade elementary school teacher and showed the game off to her class a few years back. It was a lot of fun for the students and they learned a lot about wolves -- plus it gave my friend "cool teacher" points with the students. :wink:
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:24 pm

I know I posted about the crazy experience that was my cousin to WolfQuest, but just last week I shows it to my best friend. She loved it and bought 2.7 for her laptop and she can't stop playing. My parents know I play WQ and my brother also has an account after I totally convinced him to make one. I also remember showing it to my 3rd Grade class a long time ago, they really liked it. We went to the Computer Lab every Friday to play WQ. Our class learned a lot about wolves that year, and we used some of the classroom activities from right here on the site. Good times, am I right?
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Last year I managed to play some Wolfquest with my mother. I'm thinking about gifting mom a wolfquest game for herself.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:52 am

Back when I was younger I used to play with a friend from school (the first time I downloaded the game and registered in the forums). My friend got bored and I continued around, from my family just my sister knew I played the game and stayed active at the community since she also created an account in the site and played the game for a while.
Former WolfQuest Moderator
May '09 User of the Month

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:16 am

In the past I have introduced WolfQuest to my family and a couple of my friends. Honestly the responses have been quite mixed; my family were really intrigued by it and wanted to know more about it (my sister actually did make an account here but she never really ended up using it that much), whereas my friends were either confused about it or just completely dismissed it haha. So, I've told people about it but I don't think any of them actually ended up playing the game or properly looking into the forums.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:05 pm

I showed it to my babysitter a few years ago. She named her wolf 'SEEEEEED' and played along, naming all her pups after trees.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:50 am

When I first found the game and downloaded it, the next day I found the controls written down in my mom's handwriting, so I guess I unintentionally shared it with her? We both had to use the same computer at the time and she saw me play it briefly and must have decided to try it for herself since she's always loved wolves (should've seen our living room before we moved... wolf things everywhere). Never said a single word to me about it, though, so I have no idea what she thought about it. That's... the only "experience" I've had sharing WQ, honestly. I've never showed it to anyone else because I don't think anyone I know would really be interested in it, aside from those who already know of it and are on the forums.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Nevara
Pup
Pup
Name: Kiki

Post by Nevara » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:56 pm

I've shown quite a few people WQ as well

Parents: They probably just know it as one of the random animal games I play. However, one time my dad walked in my room as I was hunting elk (and using the scent view) and thought it was cool that hunting elk is possible cx

Brother 1: I got him to try the game, and he created a very strong wolf with almost no speed or stamina at all. In singleplayer, we wanted to go after a bull elk, and chased it across the map for a long time, never even got to bite it because he was so slow xD I think (it's possible this was someone else) he eventually got to the point of having pups, and he had a very spazzy/glitchy mate. One of his pups wandered half way across the map before it starved x3

Brother 2: I can't recall if he ever tried the game, but I remember he was mildly excited when 2.7 was just coming out. I doubt he's ever going to try the game, he's always playing shooting games anyways

Random friends: They thought it was pretty cool, and that there was more to the game than they expected, but they never liked the game enough to download it and play it on their own

My mom's friend's daughter: I showed her the game one evening when my mom invited her friend for dinner (which of course the friend brought her kids). She liked the game, and even went home to create an account and download the game. I recall randomly catching her online on multiplayer once, as well. I know she kept playing it since her mom told me that she's really enjoyed WQ. I'm 90% sure she doesn't play anymore though

Boyfriend: I've never actually "shown" him the game before, however I have sent him pictures of random glitches/moments in the game, like "lol my wolf character is floating" and stuff like that. While Skyping I've offered to share my screen with him while playing 2.7, but that's never happened. The weekend 2.7 went on Steam, he mentioned it to me (and of course I pretended I didn't know that lol), and asked if he was going to buy it. He said it mentioned it to his friend (who thought the game looked "dumb", oh well), and since his friend isn't ever going to get it, I doubt my boyfriend is as well, since he likes playing games with his friends rather than just alone (unless of course the given game is singleplayer only). Honestly I don't think he'd enjoy the game too much
Alto saxophones forever~

Icon by LupinzPack

Harmonie 780
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Harm

Post by Harmonie 780 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:33 pm

The only sharing experiences I have had has been with my best friend and my brother

Friend: We had a sleep over, and it was Sunday and I had to go home in a few hours. I brought my laptop, and started playing the 2.7 demo. She got really interested in figuring out how everything worked and caught on pretty quickly, and she soon created her own wolf and with a little teaching from me she found a mate and we completed the demo. We moved on to other stuff, and later on I mentioned the full 2.7 on steam and she got really excited. She logged on to her steam and bought it :P we downloaded it on my laptop and she made it to the summer den with 2 pups. Later on in the week i bought 2.7 for myself and its great! However she does not have her own computer, so shes waiting till we get our school issued macs next year to download and play it again. She said shes definitely hooked and loves it!

Brother: He doesnt have anything positive to really say about me playing WQ, but that was back with 2.5. He does not know im actively playing 2.7 and he never really got interested in playing since hes more interested in shooting games :?

Parent: My parent does not know im on the forums, and probably wouldnt care. He does know that I have the game on my laptop but is not interested in learning more about it.
Last edited by Harmonie 780 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Fri May 06, 2016 12:24 am

My friend plays WQ 2.7 sometimes when she comes round and used to play 2.5 when that was around. She struggled learning the controls in 2.5 at first, but she soon caught on and then learning the ones in 2.7 wasn't too hard for her. She still prefers to wander around and not complete the actual mission, so I recommend that she goes to LR, but she usually refuses just to prove a point and try and complete the mission.

My sister used to sometimes play 2.5 and she never did understand the controls. Whenever she used to play it, there would just be her yelling at me saying things like: ''how do I bite stuff?'' when I wasn't watching her.

My parents aren't really interested, but my mum likes to sometimes watch me play. That rarely happens, though, because a lot of the time I am Skyping people while I play and she prefers not to disturb me when I am Skyping people.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There's so much punishment, so little time.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

Larkey

Post by Larkey » Fri May 06, 2016 7:22 pm

I never got a chance to share WolfQuest with my friends, but I used to play with my sister. My parents just accepted it as another random game that I was addicted to.

Latra

Post by Latra » Sat May 07, 2016 6:53 am

My parents seemed slightly interested for about 5 seconds when I showed them a few years ago. My siblings found the game amazing. Every time I turn the game on they rush over and situate themselves to watch. Once the app comes out they plan on getting it. I've shown very few friends who I knew would enjoy the game. I don't talk about the game too much though.
╔════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╗
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
ꕥ ❁ ꕥ —Mary Oliver ꕥ ❁ ꕥ
╚════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╝

Quote / Av Shop

Silver Mist Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Silver Mist Wolf » Sun May 15, 2016 11:14 am

I showed my significant other WQ 2.7 not too long ago.

Background: SO is what I like to call a super hardcore gamer in terms of skill, game knowledge [of the games he plays], and he's hard to please because of the malarkey games try to pull. He likes violent games [Gears of War, Mortal Kombat, you get the picture] but can also enjoy cutesy flash games. Animal games? Not his forte.

So I showed him WQ 2.7. He watches a minute and says it looks neat. Asks what there is to do. So I show him elk hunting and battling with NPC wolves. He immediately comments on the funny fighting animations which I've always thought were funny as well. Bite, back up politely, wait for incoming attack.

Anyway, he said the game looks cute. Not his type of game, but he's glad I'm happy.

avatar/signature © Jeames/twinlinskis

SapphyWolf
Pup
Pup
Location: Sanfransokyo, because fictional places are more interesting. :>

Post by SapphyWolf » Mon May 30, 2016 9:03 pm

I showed my niece WolfQuest today, she created her own wolf and named her Banana. She wanted me to help her find Banana a mate, so I told her that she needed a certain amount of experience points to find a mate (Didn't really know how many). So I had her hunt one cow elk and fight two wolves, (because that is how I got my xp, little did I know that I got my xp from multiplayer games as well) and when my plan failed it was so stressful. She wanted me to go into each territory and fight off stranger wolves for her, so when she finally got the xp she needed she needed she found her mate and wanted to name him Bread (banana bread heh-heh) but the game wouldn't let her name her mate Bread so she named her mate after her boyfriend.

After she gets to Slough Creek I tell her that the Saddle Meadows den is the best den so she goes there and has me mark her territory for her. So she gets her pups and doesn't have enough xp to name them, but I let her go so she could play the game herself. When I came back, one of her pups were dead and the other three were nearly starved, the pup-training and territory meter depleted greatly, and she was taking her time hunting elk. When she gets done she says, "I was getting food for my pups and now I don't know where my den is." Luckily she was able to get home and feed her pups, another pup was eaten by a coyote but she actually did pretty well afterwards.

I'm trying to get my online friend to play WQ now, can't wait to see how that turns out. :D
Hello friends it is I, SapphyWolf~!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”