Forum Suggestions V2

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Re: Forum Suggestions V2

Post by 1BitJay » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Alright, I got quite a long list, if you don't mind.
- Update the topics in FAQ.
- Add more FAQ.
- Do an overall cleanup of locked topics. So, basically we have another Forum called Archives and organize them there.
- Start discussing over the idea of removing inactive members from the usergroups. Like the moderator group. Have you moderators discussed with each other over who doesn't have time anymore? Like SoranOfAvalor, I know they left. (as from ASP, I know they left.) The Reporting Group? Maybe even adding more admins?

I will add more as I think...
I ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᔕᗩY TᕼᗩT ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ Iᔕ TᕼE EᗩᔕIEᔕT ᗰEᗩᑎᔕ
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ, ᗷᑌT ᔕIᑎᑕE ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ ᗩᖇE ᗰY
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
I ᗰᑌᔕT TᖇY TO E᙭ᑭᖇEᔕᔕ ᑕᒪᑌᗰᔕIᒪY Iᑎ
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ
ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᑭᑌᖇE ᗰᑌᔕIᑕ ᗯOᑌᒪᗪ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗪOᑎE ᗷETTEᖇ.

αν;; i forgot </3 ѕιg;; мє
1BitJay

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Quick reminder that suggestions that the moderators and normal users can act on are ideal and are more likely to go through than others. We can't add new boards to the forum, or subforums, we can't edit usergroups, definitely can't hire more admins, and we can't make a mobile version of the forum. We can bring them up for discussion and there is still a chance of some of them going through, but these are things that would require admin action, and with the tablet version of the game still in development, the time of the only active admin we have (Dave) is very limited. Everything's still been added to the front post, though.

(We're also having troubles editing the FAQ, but we're working on that.)
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

1BitJay

Post by 1BitJay » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
Quick reminder that suggestions that the moderators and normal users can act on are ideal and are more likely to go through than others. We can't add new boards to the forum, or subforums, we can't edit usergroups, definitely can't hire more admins, and we can't make a mobile version of the forum. We can bring them up for discussion and there is still a chance of some of them going through, but these are things that would require admin action, and with the tablet version of the game still in development, the time of the only active admin we have (Dave) is very limited. Everything's still been added to the front post, though.

(We're also having troubles editing the FAQ, but we're working on that.)
I am aware that this will less likely go through, I just wanted it to be aware that it could help the site more smoothly if one moderator from the group is given admin status, because of the issues and such. It would bring the flow much better.

But the Report Group? I mean three out of five are active, but is reporting still being evaluated? Are members being warned anymore? The mate and harassing is still going on and are getting away with it... So... Yeah...
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ

1BitJay

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:15 pm

I know, I just wanted to remind everyone. We know that it'd be easier if we had another admin, but we currently don't know if that's even possible at the moment, or if it'd even be considered by the current administration. The status of the forum in general is still a bit up in the air.
I'm not in the report group so I don't know the current status on what they're doing, or what's going on with reports or multiplayer warnings. Sorry! I wish I could give you a solid answer on that, but I really don't know.

1BitJay

Post by 1BitJay » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
I know, I just wanted to remind everyone. We know that it'd be easier if we had another admin, but we currently don't know if that's even possible at the moment, or if it'd even be considered by the current administration. The status of the forum in general is still a bit up in the air.
I'm not in it the report group so I don't know the current status on what they're doing, or what's going on with reports or multiplayer warnings. Sorry! I wish I could give you a solid answer on that, but I really don't know.
I just asked Keyyva about if she could give us an answer on this, I am just curious about it!

EDIT: Why is it not possible to add another admin, if I may ask? It is not a paid position and can help Dave a lot.
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ

1BitJay

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:25 pm

EDIT: Why is it not possible to add another admin, if I may ask? It is not a paid position and can help Dave a lot.
I didn't say it wasn't possible :o I said we don't know if it'd be possible or if it'd be considered. I suppose in a way it is possible, but it may not happen and we don't really know what the chances of it are.

1BitJay

Post by 1BitJay » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
I didn't say it wasn't possible :o I said we don't know if it'd be possible or if it'd be considered. I suppose in a way it is possible, but it may not happen and we don't really know what the chances of it are.
Has it been considered recently? I am just only asking...
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ

1BitJay

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Relax, you're not going to get in trouble for being curious :p To answer your question, no, it hasn't been discussed recently.

Keyyva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Keyyva » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Adding in:
Actually, I don't even know for sure where the report team is going. Ever since WQ Coordinator stopped being the active admin on these forums, everything started going downhill. There are still a few report team members who are still active, and some have requested to leave and have not been removed from the group yet.
I am assuming that our reports are being evaluated.
Last edited by Keyyva on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character © Keyyva
Avatar © Vexi - http://vexiwolf.deviantart.com [Used with permission]

1BitJay

Post by 1BitJay » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
Relax, you're not going to get in trouble for being curious :p To answer your question, no, it hasn't been discussed recently.
Well, it would help everyone out a lot. I mean I am on the games a lot recently trying to get to know the game members and the mate and harassing is getting a lot. Many of them say, "Oh everyone does it" or "I won't get caught." I am rather annoyed by it and having another admin can help Dave with all the stress and tension. So, he could be in charge of the game progress and another admin in charge of the forums... With banning and sending emails and all the forum glitches recently... I am sure it would help the forums out... and Dave out soo much... I can't imagine how he is right now lol.
TᗩᒪEᑎT,
ᗯOᖇᗪᔕ

1BitJay

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 pm

JayMist wrote:But the Report Group? I mean three out of five are active, but is reporting still being evaluated? Are members being warned anymore? The mate and harassing is still going on and are getting away with it... So... Yeah...

Keeping in mind that Kristie's hours here are unclear, abuse reports are still being handled albeit at a slower pace. Agreed with Keyyva that the Report Team has declined in Cana's absence.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Yeah tbh when Cana left people stopped reporting (including me) and I could probably try and de-mote myself actually but it still wouldn't kick me completely from the group.

As for the administrator thing since everyone keeps asking --
Back in late 2011 or around that summer when I was still a mod, I believe Cana asked for volunteer administrators from the moderator group just to help out with things. They mainly handled spambots (which were a huge issue at the time) and activated accounts. But, it wasn't really a simple process as far as adding someone out of the blue. You had to be eighteen, have a background check and go through the zoo etc. I'm pretty sure that's how it went. I remember Solitary posting on that thread/possibly investigated it, so if she sees this, she might have something to add. ^*

Granted, I don't know how it exactly went then since I didn't get involved nor do I know or can I predict how it would go now, but yeah, that's some background as far as moderators-to-administrators go. And of course, there was Kivia and Rikku, both of which had been helping out administratively for quite awhile as mods.

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:37 am

I also agree all the way that report team members (including me) and moderator activity has gone way down since Cana (WQ Coordinator) left. Some of the moderators (3-4 or so) don't come on anymore, and 3 out of 5 (like JayMIst said) of the report team members are active. And, those report team members that are even active, don't report often.

Some of my ideas:
-Get active moderators that actually come on. Seriously, the only four moderators I see come on (actively) are nightangelwolf, Hidden Phoenix, Ninja_Wolfs963 and Tonbei.
-Spice it up a bit! Hold a moderator-run contest of some sort to boost (some) activity! Some contest ideas:
  • Another Avatar Contest
  • A SPAM War (these are especially fun)
  • Anything else you can think of. Can't think of anymore
-Clean up around the forums
-I think moderators need to interact more with the members.
  • I actually have been on multiplayer games where the players say how the moderators are no fun and how they take their job too seriously. Yes I know they go on the General Discussion topic, but they can at least act and post around the forum in discussions like a normal member sometimes. (This doesn't apply to all of them)
Moderators, if you read this, please don't take it to heart. It's just my opinion. Adding on to that it's my opinion, (this goes to everyone) please don't point me somewhere with proof that they do post around the forums interacting with members, it's just my opinion. Alrighty then, I'll be on my way. (:
Thanks for reading ! =D
Last edited by calxmity on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green - cavetown

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:45 am

Added those up/added on to some existing suggestions to account for those, thanks Lit!
Also I'd just like to quickly say that the reason I don't post too often "regularly" (other than in the GD) is because I don't have much to say, hahah. I'm actually working on improving that, though! In the meantime, I apologize for not really acting like a normal member and mostly just being a mod in the... 2 years? I've been a mod.

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:47 am

We need a ban parrot too.
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice
. . . . . . . . . . . . .