Forum Suggestions V2

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Forum Suggestions V2

Post by paperpaws » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:45 am

Thanks for doing that! Keeping Other Video Games open is just fine in my opinion; the discussions and content shared there are less personal.

Nice to have A&G a bit more off-limits as well.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 am

I think it would be cool if we could have another way of sending art, something other than sending an email. I'm not that good with my emails, to be honest, I find it slightly complicated when trying to do anything other than typing. If there was a way you could send art through the forum, I think it would make the process a little quicker, and less complicated for some users.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 am

ahem
i send them to neam via pm

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:37 am

alethe wrote:ahem
Ahh, that sounds much easier. I guess I'll just do that if I want to send something so I don't have to fiddle with my emails.

Apologies if I'm going off-topic.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:52 am

ForeverEverest wrote:
alethe wrote:ahem
Ahh, that sounds much easier. I guess I'll just do that if I want to send something so I don't have to fiddle with my emails.

Apologies if I'm going off-topic.
Not at all; it is not listed anywhere that this is an acceptable means of art submission (to my knowledge).

alethe

Post by alethe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 am

i don't think it is, either.
that should be changed

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:20 pm

A bit late to this, but yes, we do allow people to submit their art via private message. There's no rule against private messaging a moderator to have your work posted as long as it follows the respective art forum's guidelines. As far as I'm aware it was always the WQ Team's preference to have things sent in via e-mail because it is convenient storage and serves a good backup plan in case attachments were ever to be wiped from the board, which has only ever happened once.

I'll go ahead and see to it that the threads detailing how to submit artwork include private messaging as an alternative.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Tue May 01, 2018 11:18 am

I noticed there have been a few off-topic post problems in pack central. This made me wonder... What's actually allowed in pack threads? For example, are we allowed to discuss a pack's website in the thread, or is it only for welcoming new members and announcing events?

I think it would be nice if there was a new thread in pack central that says what kind of things you're allowed to discuss, just so things are little clearer.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Tue May 01, 2018 2:00 pm

ForeverEverest wrote:I noticed there have been a few off-topic post problems in pack central. This made me wonder... What's actually allowed in pack threads? For example, are we allowed to discuss a pack's website in the thread, or is it only for welcoming new members and announcing events?

I think it would be nice if there was a new thread in pack central that says what kind of things you're allowed to discuss, just so things are little clearer.
Anything relating to the pack is allowed to be posted, so yes, discussions about websites regarding individual packs are also allowed. What is not allowed is any discussion pertaining to anything other than the pack itself. This is a forum-wide rule where posts that go off-topic/are irrelevant to the topic are considered as SPAM (unless stated otherwise [i.e. the General Discussion V2 topic]).

Rules regarding SPAM can be found in the Forum Guidelines topic.
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

alethe

Post by alethe » Tue May 01, 2018 3:24 pm

speaking of the GD, I have another question sort of along the same vein.

To what limit are spam posts allowed there?

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Tue May 01, 2018 5:04 pm

alethe wrote:speaking of the GD, I have another question sort of along the same vein.

To what limit are spam posts allowed there?
A post is considered SPAM if it does not contribute to or further the conversation, as well as if the post is illegible to read, so posts that only consist of punctuation marks, all caps, text-speak, excessive emojis, symbols, etc. fall into that category. Advertising and double posts are also not allowed.

Here's the section on SPAM from the Forum Guidelines topic (excluding one-word posts in this case with the General Discussion topic):
WQ Coordinator wrote: Definition of SPAM
SPAM= Stupid, Pointless, Annoying Messages. Listed below are our definitions of "SPAM":
•Off-topic posts- posts that are irrelevant to the forum or topic
•Repeating answers- replying to questions that have already been answered or copying your previous post(s) and posting them into multiple topics
•Double-posting- replying to topics or posts in succession. (Examples: No-no, acceptable. Please edit previous posts instead of posting more than once.)
•Quoting yourself or another member without adding anything new to the conversation. (Saying "^ this" under a quote is considered SPAM.)
•One-word replies- actually, this includes any posts that are less than three words. If you can reply with less than three words, it's probably not worth saying, so it is not allowed in these forums. There are only a few forums that do permit less than three words, as detailed here- http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=75471.
•Personal topics- anything not directed to all forum members (unless it’s in a pack topic) should be sent using private messages or e-mails.
•Offers for solicitations/services
•Non-normal writing- Text speak (ex- btw I g2g), SHOUTING, unreadable/illegible fonts or using excessive numbers of: smileys :D :) :o :lol: , font colors, or punctuation!!??!??!?!
One-word posts are an exception to this rule in the General Discussion topic. Since GD does not have a set topic, off-topic posts are not really a concern, unless of course they break one or more of the above rules besides the one-post rule. All in all, the posts should contribute to the conversations taking place.

it's caving-in the sky

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun May 06, 2018 6:30 pm

After 8 years, it it perhaps time to rename the What are you known for on WolfQuest thread to something less misleading? As it is now, the title pretty much just tells you who reads and who doesn't, since many users only look at the title and misinterpret it as what are you known for rather than what is the person above you known for.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun May 06, 2018 6:44 pm

valkea wrote:
After 8 years, it it perhaps time to rename the What are you known for on WolfQuest thread to something less misleading? As it is now, the title pretty much just tells you who reads and who doesn't, since many users only look at the title and misinterpret it as what are you known for rather than what is the person above you known for.
Fixed the title!

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Wed May 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Perhaps a clearing out of the Newly Registered users? It seems like it would need a periodic clean-out anyway to make sure the users are indeed new and not mostly users who’ve been on for years and haven’t posted.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri May 11, 2018 5:02 am

Hey everyone,

Just a quick heads-up that we've recently reconfigured some forum settings and performed a full resync affecting post counts and statistical totals. If anyone notices anything out of the ordinary, please let me or any other moderator know. Thank you!
duskypack wrote:Perhaps a clearing out of the Newly Registered users? It seems like it would need a periodic clean-out anyway to make sure the users are indeed new and not mostly users who’ve been on for years and haven’t posted.
That'll be a lot of tedious work; as of this post, there are 333,109 accounts (432,394 if counting inactives which is a whole different discussion entirely) in that setting. ^^;
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”