Killing Bull elk (Your experiences0

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Glacia2008
Pup
Pup
Name: Glacia

Re: Killing Bull elk (Your experiences0

Post by Glacia2008 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:52 pm

In singleplayer, my mate and I started hunting a bull elk. It took forever because my mate kept coming close to dying (nothing more frightening than a white heart and a health of around 6 or 8 or some other horribly low health like that). I kept having to move away from the elk and howl to get my mate to stop hunting, then use my scent vision to lead him to a nearby carcass. Then I'd return to the hunt. I repeated this a few times before the bull elk finally died. So, long story short, I probably won't try hunting a bull elk with just myself and my mate again.

"You are not your own," says the Bear King, "you were bought at a price."
-Darkwoods by Marta Stahlfeld

wolflovingperson
Pup
Pup

Post by wolflovingperson » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:47 pm

In Single Player I chased one all the way from the hunting grounds in the pines, to the end of the map past lambear overlook high ridge area. It walked around while I ate to regain health luckily and I caught it :Dd

Xena the Warrior
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Last time I checked, my location was Earth. Or was it Saturn?

Post by Xena the Warrior » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:34 pm

I once tried to go after a bull elk BY MYSELF. Basically I got beat up by a relative of Bambi. The end.

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:47 pm

I basically lost count on how many times I killed a bull elk, but I know that I killed one by myself.
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:48 am

With the release of 2.7, bull elk killing is a lot easier job. But my wolves have died several times while hunting.

IcicleWing
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by IcicleWing » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:17 am

I usually can only kill them when playing by myself. The reason is that I have this strategy where I utilize my mate's regeneration abilities. The way I kill them is by biting once, and letting my mate do the rest of the damage. I then wait for him to respawn, and repeat, helping along the way. It takes a long time, but I've killed at least 7 bulls this way. The problem was that sometimes, when I tried to eat something nearby, when I turned around, sometimes it wasn't there. Which is frustrating :(
allons-y!

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:14 pm

I've actually killed lots of bull elk, I forget how many though. But during the dark days of the "corpse glitch" in Amethyst Mountain I never hunted bull elk, it was a risk to my entire game. But now I usually hunt the entire herd of cows and then go after the bull so I can use the nearby carcasses as fuel stations.
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:17 pm

In 2.7, bull elk seem a lot easier to take down, at least in my opinion. Apart from having to regain health frequently (which can be somewhat troublesome if there are a lack of carcasses), I don't have too many problems with killing bull elk. This is especially because my mate is more helpful.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:35 pm

Normally when I want to hunt a bull elk I get a mate first, then kill all the cow elk in one herd so I have enough meat to stay alive while hunting bull elk (because I noticed you can't get any XP from it when you die D: ), and then I start hunting the bull elk, feeding off the cow elk carcasses around me when I'm close to dying. xD

Because man! Bull elk are hard to kill!

So I use this stragety to get it done. xD
It took me a bit to find out what was the best way, but since I use this strategy, I can kill any bull elk I come across. c:
Unless they start running in the wrong direction, which can be reallyyyy annoying...
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:16 pm

The troublesome bull elk, very fun to hunt. Though I avoid killing bull elk nowadays unless I have a pack, even then I try to weasel my way out of a hunt, like substituting for pup watching. If all else fails, of course I must hunt. I use a technique, I try to manipulate the bull elk to turn, then grab him by the legs, when he stops spinning and I let go I have to back up quickly or my wolf's gonna get hurt. Most experiences were good, but one ended up one of my wolves tragically dying. Actually made me upset. I like the challenge, at least when he runs and kicks he does less damage. The battles in the end are pretty tough, because when he's low on health I'm like "When is he gonna start fighting back again?" I'll be honest I get kinda scared when he gets low on health because that reason. It's kinda like a real wolf anxious to see the battle in the end, but at the same time scared because it can be any second.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:30 am

I usually wait until i get a mate before i go for a bull elk.
I don't have much trouble hunting bull elks, which is mostly thanks to that my mate is more smart and helpful in 2.7.
·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´
Wh¥ §hðµlÐ ï åþðlðgïzê £ðr hê mðñ§êr ï'vê ßê¢ðmê
ñð ðñê êvêr åþðlðgïzêÐ £ðr måkïñg mê hï§ wå¥
`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´
:: av/sig © Lupin/Samber ::

SunnySideUpSmile
Pup
Pup

Post by SunnySideUpSmile » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:19 am

*Sighs dramatically* Bull elk...you really really want to kill them....but it's so hard! I tried doing it once...I died... :evil:
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that was given to you." ~ Gandalf the Grey, LoTR

"With great power comes great need to take a nap...wake me up later." ~ Nico di Angelo, The Last Olypmian

"...Obnoxious." Haruhi Fujioka, OHSHC
icon (c) by applexpie2

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Since elk behavior has changed from 2.5 to 2.7, bulls attack automatically and no longer stop running after they have been bitten a few times. My strategy for killing one is to kill two cow elk first if there are no nearby carcasses. Then I concentrate on wearing the bull elk down until he starts running and will do less damage to my wolf's health. I work on gradually depleting the bull's health and running to a carcass when my health gets too low. I keep wearing the bull elk down and running to carcasses until I kill the elk.

The reason I use this strategy is due to the game dynamics in 2.7 if your wolf dies. In version 2.5 or multiplayer refueling on carcasses is not necessary as your wolf will respawn and can resume the same hunt. In singleplayer for 2.7 I prefer to avoid dying during a hunt since I will have to reload and start over with a new elk herd.

:wolf: :moose:
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

Echodream
Pup
Pup

I killed a Bull Elk for the first time!

Post by Echodream » Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 pm

(I really hope this is in the right forum and I'm doing everything correctly, if I'm not or this isn't then I'm sorry! I'm trying to get used to these forums compared to the other sites I've been on!)

Today I killed a Bull Elk, in single player mode!

The wolf I was playing as was my wolf Harvey, who's stats are 100% Strength, 26% Stamina, and 24% Speed. So my wolf and his mate killed two or three cow elk at that hunt and then I decided, why not? I thought I would try to kill the Bull Elk! I had tried to do this before with a different wolf of mine named EchoDream, but ended up leaving to eat an elk so I wouldn't die, and when I returned he had all his health back in that game. :/

But with Harvey it was different! I attacked him, then I chased and chased, chased him towards carcasses so that I could get my health up quick and then continue to chase him, had him in the death stance, and finally, this happened!

https://s24.postimg.org/bj534ztx1/Scree ... -25-35.png

Victory! Yay! First Bull Elk kill ever! =D

What's a cool kill that you've done or you're really proud of? c:
Back after years, hello folks. c:
I'm a fan of wolves, nature, and art.
You can call me Spotted, Echo, or Grace.
I'm also on Flight Rising under the username Spottedleaf125

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: I killed a Bull Elk for the first time!

Post by Sunset-Light » Fri May 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Nice work! Bull elk can be a pain to hunt sometimes, so that's a great achievement!

A great kill that I'm proud of is when me and other people manage to take down a bull moose in multiplayer. Since bull moose can kill you in 1-2 hits, it's really great when we manage to work together and kill something so deadly.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”