WolfQuest Roleplay Thread

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Re: WolfQuest Roleplay Thread

Post by Black Burn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 am

D E C A T U R
Spoiler
Show
Name: Decatur
Appearance: A short and stocky guy with a dark grey pallette and icy blue eyes; he is shorter than most wolves, but call him small and you may have one big problem.
Personality: Tough, Humorous, Arrogant, Fun-loving, Reckless, Daring, Kind, Short-tempered
The grey furred male casually trotted over the hard ground, short legs moving swiftly. Decatur, a rather short wolf, was currently on the hunt for any small creature he could possibly take down with his height. It had been a good few days since he'd eaten a decent meal, a lonesome mouse didn't really count in his opinion. Elk would be nice, any large meal would, but thanks to his height he couldn't possibly take one down and make it out alive to eat it.

Decatur paused his stride, raising his head high to gaze around; nothing that his blue eyes could see. Maybe if he could find someone whose already made a kill, that would be something at least.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Snake loped after a younger elk he'd gotten separated from the herd. He'd managed to lose the mother (he wasn't sure how he managed that) and was closing in. He snapped at it's back leg, digging his teeth in. The young elk stumbled and fell to the ground. Snake let go of it's leg and managed to kill it. "Lucky me." He said to himself, licking his lips as he stood over his prey.
¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤ Snake To His Father ¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤
▽ ▿
"We are monsters, rejects that nobody wanted. Now we want revenge for those who hated us and disgraced us. Soon all will see my family has grown stronger than if we'd stayed at our old homes, so much so that we may as well thank them!"

¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤
Sig–Black Burn

Edda She-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lychan, Juniper

Post by Edda She-Wolf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Skylark whimpered and licked her paw. It ached something horrid now. She watched the herd again,
and saw a wolf go right for the calf she'd chased for so long. And he killed it. Jealousy got the best of her and she snarled to herself. That was MY job! I was the one so committed to tiring it out! For him to just-
She had no proof that he really got her food though. It wasn't even her prey. It was just a calf that she failed to kill. She made a vow to herself that she'd eat today. With that she trotted down the hill, limping, to beg for food.
:flower: "There are those who would rather wallow in hate and self pity,
than forgive and watch the flowers bloom." ~Edda She-Wolf :flower:

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:49 pm

_-=/Adharc\=-_
Adharc turned, and so did his ear, before he held still as both of his pointy, big ears pivoted left, right, up down, as he heard distant rustling and uneven pawsteps. However, the wind was blowing in the wrong direction of the sound, and he was unable to catch any scents. With the sun to the right of his vision, he squinted, trying to spot what he heard. He couldn't, so he casually tried to slink away from the sounds, before the wind shifted in his direction and he got a whiff of several wolves... and a fresh elk kill.

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by LamarWolf » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 am

Chulyin
Chulyin's eyes opened as he caught a whiff of freshly killed elk on the wind. He trotted off in the direction of the smell, as grew closer he picked up the scent of something that put him on edge, other wolves. Could this a wolf pack's territory, should I turn around now or see if I could get meal. In the end food won other Chulyin fear and he continued towards the scent but more carefully this time and slinking close to the ground. He emerge from a patch of white bark pines and saw a meadow with a wolf standing next to a dead elk calf, another wolf, this one limping, approached the other. The smell of elk made his mouth water for his meal this morning had been only meager scraps. Chulyin dropped down to the grass using the trees' shadows to hide him. He would wait until the other wolves were done then come and eat his fill, although he would not get any of the organ meat it was still an effective strategy for him. So he was content to wait. Then the wind changed, blowing his scent right to the other wolves.
Life is full of death
It is the way of life
Predator and prey
I bring life and I take it
That is the way of nature

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:02 pm

_-=/Adharc\=-_
He was slowly creeping towards the smell of the kill, before a third wolf's scent wafted into his face! And then a fourth! My, my. This wasn't a known territory, so they couldn't all be a pack... were they all scavengers like he?
He was almost there now, and could see it in the distance. It was very fresh and could feed four wolves, if two didn't pig out and leave nothing for the other two. He crouched in a sagebrush and waited, thinking that's what everyone else was doing.

you got an audience, BB XD

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:20 am

Snake started eating, unaware he was getting an audience. It was unlike him to not notice these things, but he knew how to handle himself if things did get out of hand, so it didn't bother him either way.
¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤ Snake To His Father ¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤
▽ ▿
"We are monsters, rejects that nobody wanted. Now we want revenge for those who hated us and disgraced us. Soon all will see my family has grown stronger than if we'd stayed at our old homes, so much so that we may as well thank them!"

¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤
Sig–Black Burn

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:54 pm

I am so. so. soooo sorry.
...But I must switch out my character AGAIN. This won't happen anymore. I promise.
Soren --
desc
Show
Strong, 3.2 years of age, used to have a cute lil'partner (but she died, I guess... IDK. I'm tired of juggling two characters at a time), usually a good hunter, funny, evasive about ailments (reason in backstory), some random fears as result of backstory trauma, three small scars running down left side of neck and shoulder (more backstory stuff :roll: ), fur is mostly grey and white with some spots and streaks of black and rusty brown. Underbelly is mainly white with no marks.
Soren did notice that there were sure a lot of wolves heading towards one carcass, but he had decided to avoid the rush, and he knew there would be nothing leftover to wait for. So he moved on, glancing up at the late afternoon's sky; he paused in his spindle-shanked stride, remembering when he was younger and he'd often look up at the sky to note the time. He also remembered that she used to do it, too, his former partner. Now she probably lived up there. Heh.
Soren looked back down from the sky and straight ahead with a doglike sigh and then continued walking, occasionally sniffing the air a little. Whence he reached a creek, his neck stretched downwards as he lapped it up. Bringing his scarlet gaze back up to the forested horizon, he spotted a large boulder, and after he approached it, he lied down behind it and decided to have a long wolflike nap.

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Firefly and the Calf Carcass

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:00 pm

I thought I would jump in, so here I go!

Firefly
Spoiler
Show
Name: Firefly
Appearance: Black fur with Orange-ish Underbelly, Piercing yellow eyes, Torn right ear, Assorted scars, Very muscular.
Personality: kind, loyal, A bit silly, Tough, Fighty. Is very patient with pups and yearlings. Not very patient with adult wolves he does not know.
Other: Firefly Is the last known surviving member of the Blue Moon Raven Pack. A fire broke out leaving just him and the alpha, Raven. Raven died a few days later after he starved to death. Firefly journeyed far away from his homeland and has spent his time roaming the forests alone, Except for a cougar kitten he made friends with. The kitten has just grown up and left to find a mate. Firefly is now looking for a pack to join.
Firefly awoke from his nap, the scent of a near by elk calf carcass drifting into his sensitive nose. He groaned and pulled himself up, Contemplating going to search for the calf carcass, or going back to sleep. A low growl from his stomach answered the question for him, but as he set off, the scent of wolves grew stronger.
Firefly had a feeling that the wolves were most likely at the carcass, but he kept his steady stride anyway. "if no meat is left, I can at least scavenge bones for marrow," He thought to himself, as both scents started to surge into his sniffer.
He soon stopped in a narrow thicket, his senses telling him the carcass, (and wolves) were just on the other side.

He shifted a little so his piercing eyes could at least catch a glimpse of the happenings on the other side of the jumble of plants.
When he moved, Firefly spotted a single wolf, dining on a good sized calf carcass. "The others must be waiting as well," Thought Firefly, making himself comfy as he knew it might be a long wait.
That's a bit odd, don't you think?

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:12 pm

Soren
I think I'll change my roleplay captions to a super weird green ;3
Soren's ear flicked softly in his sleep, before he opened his eyes and lifted his head a little, thrusting the tip of his nose into the tepid breeze. It seemed yet another wolf was headed towards the exact same carcass. He was glad he wasn't waiting in the bushes with them too. If they started quarreling over their share, it would be a big fight, and he was glad to not have to take part in it. That, and if there was anything to be leftover after they were all done, which was no time soon, Soren would be sure to look over the scraps. He wasn't hungry, but it was always a good idea to eat whenever he could.

Edda She-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lychan, Juniper

Post by Edda She-Wolf » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Thirteen years it's been-
Pitch| Male | Mentions: None
Sleep was not an option. The male had been restless for days - weeks - and an empty stomach did nothing to help with that. He'd wandered this territory over and over again, thoroughly examining every crevice, every dip, every den, to no avail. There wasn't any food, anywhere.
Or maybe it was just the fact that he suffered from a broken nose. Not physically broken, mind you. He just... never experienced the gift of smell. So, for a wolf, a creature that relied on their nose, he was blind. Pitch was slowly but surely giving up. In a matter of days, he told himself, he'd lay down and succumb to this awful starvation.
That was the plan until he spotted the carcass a few hours ago. Though he had no smell to go off of, he had amazing eyesight, and from nearly all the way across the valley he spotted that brown lump. And he knew. That was not just food. That was his food. Pitch had made sure to study the land surrounding it before starting his travel. By now, he was just beyond the hill. If only he knew of the wolves that lay beyond.
:flower: "There are those who would rather wallow in hate and self pity,
than forgive and watch the flowers bloom." ~Edda She-Wolf :flower:

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:23 pm

Soren

Soon, with time, he could detect another wolf going towards the carcass. They have got to be a pack, he thought to himself, so many wolves!
Then he suddenly flew to his feet. Uh oh. Was he in their territory? He didn't think he was, but, then again, he'd met some pretty bad markers in his life...
So he threw his head back and let out a somewhat brief howl, just a casual "I am here". If they showed up to defend their poorly-bordered territory, he planned to go tearing off, though he wasn't sure which way was out of their turf...
No. It just couldn't be. Today was just a strange day, that was all. Soren sat back down, though he remained alert, sniffing and scanning. No, they weren't a pack, they couldn't be. Just a bunch of rogues like himself. He almost wanted to head back to the carcass just to see how many of them were there.
He let out a wolf-like sigh and waited, then his attention was concentrated on a passing insect. He batted it with his paw --it fell down to the ground, shook its wings, and then took flight again --and then he got bored and draped himself across the grass.

AStrangerOnline
Pup
Pup
Name: Mochi

Post by AStrangerOnline » Sat May 02, 2020 4:14 am

A young sire, known as Vesuvius, entered the roleplay, his movements hesitant and unsure. Golden optics glancing around, he seated herself in the shade of a tree, trying to think of what to do. He was late to the forum, and expected his arrival to go relatively ignored. Yet the bachelor didn't mind, being a rather aloof candid at times.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”