Do genders really matter?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Do genders really matter?

Post by Croix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 am

I've seen this discussed more then once on the forum. How genders do/don't matter in a roleplay, general discussion, a chance encounter, etc. - mostly aimed towards the multiplayer game more then the forum and such. So I think it would be interesting to see everyone's opinon on the matter.
So my question for you is, do genders matter to you? This can be a ceratin situation or just a random one. Feel free to discuss whatever. :D

Of course there are a fraction of people who don't think genders matter (like myself) and another portion people who seem almost... Obssessed with knowing other people's genders. Which is a little bit creepy, if I do say so myself.
In my honest opinion, I don't think genders should matter in the least. If anything I don't see why they should! It would be nice to join a server and be greeted with a simple "Hello!" beside being bombarded with questions like "Lad or lass!", "See or buy?", "Pink or blue?" or whatever ridiculous terminology people on multiplayer are using currently. Knowing someone's gender shouldn't affect how you talk or feel about them and if it does I can certainly say that they are too engulfed in the game. Everyone should be accepted no matter what gender they are, I've seen too many people have to leave because there were 'too many females' in a game when clearly people can't grasp the fact that there are more females then males on WolfQuest and it's obvious that those people that have to leave are sometimes upset.
I can understand how sometimes gender can matter in specific roleplays, but even then I still think genders shouldn't matter. Genders aren't everything on WolfQuest. Sure, genders may matter to actual wolves in real life, but roleplay isn't real life and people should still be fair to everyone.

:)

Emberflare
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Do genders really matter?

Post by Emberflare » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Genders honestly don't matter to me; as long as the player follows the rules, doesn't randomly break into a power play, and can have fun roleplaying, that's fine for me.
I turn the music up
I got my records on
From underneath the rubble, sing a rebel song
Every siren is a symphony
And every tear's a waterfall
It's a waterfall
Avatar by LupinzPack / Signature by me / Lyrics by Coldplay, "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall"

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:26 am

Personally, gender does not matter to me whatsoever, and they never have in terms of multiplayer and such. Just as long as I can get along with the people I'm chatting with and such and don't get swamped with gender-specific questions and the like, and that users understand the rules and such, it generally doesn't come to my attention at the end of the day.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

whitewolfjasmine
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by whitewolfjasmine » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:26 am

really i dont care about genders in rp

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:08 am

I don't think gender matters at all, unless you are participating in mate-related behaviour, which isn't allowed. I too have come across people who seem to be obsessed with finding out peoples' gender - it really shouldn't affect the way you roleplay or play multiplayer.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:39 pm

I feel it really shouldn't matter.. gender is just another label. Wolfquest is to have fun and learn about wolf behavior. Just rp as a wolf. Not as any certain gender. Many times if I am playing and I tell them I am a lad because they just won't leave me alone, it ends up that they all become set on becoming "mates". Its actually very annoying when I just want to rp..
Last edited by BlackWarrior on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Koroda
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Koroda » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Genders dont matter to me in the least, but people always ask me if I'm a lad or lass and sometimes I say it doesn't matter. The only time genders matter is in "MeatRPs". But those, aren't allowed. Still, some people don't even know they aren't allowed. Well, I'll wrap this up by saying: Genders don't matter and everyone should be equal, no matter what. Players shouldn't be kicked out of games just because they're female or male. Sorry if I went a little off topic... If i did, oops!
I am Koroda,
A coelacanth fish.
While you humans die,
I'll still be here....

wolfluver86

Post by wolfluver86 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Atropine wrote:I don't think gender matters at all, unless you are participating in mate-related behaviour, which isn't allowed. I too have come across people who seem to be obsessed with finding out peoples' gender - it really shouldn't affect the way you roleplay or play multiplayer.
^ This, I agree with Atropine right here.

ObsidianSpade
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ObsidianSpade » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:41 pm

In my opinion, I sort of really wish that genders could be eradicated, at least in multiplayer. If I ever say that I/my wolf is male, I end up getting stalked by rule-breaking mate-desperate females. And, like everyone else here has said, it's only important in RP if rules are being broken.

~~ObsidianSpade
__________Here we go again, infatuation
____________Touches me just when I
________~...Thought that it would end

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:49 pm

ObsidianSpade wrote:If I ever say that I/my wolf is male, I end up getting stalked by rule-breaking mate-desperate females.
I never say my gender, but people usually end up assuming I am male (which puzzles me to no end) and, like you said, desperate mate-crawlings females will end following me around or bother me endlessly.

ObsidianSpade
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ObsidianSpade » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Croix wrote:
ObsidianSpade wrote:If I ever say that I/my wolf is male, I end up getting stalked by rule-breaking mate-desperate females.
I never say my gender, but people usually end up assuming I am male (which puzzles me to no end) and, like you said, desperate mate-crawlings females will end following me around or bother me endlessly.
Meh, I don't like to anymore, but sometimes they get quite aggressive if I don't, and, I admit, sometimes it can be amusing. (If you are not a boy,/lad,/blue, leave my chat! Ha!)
Huh, odd. Croix must sound like a guy's name to them.
__________Here we go again, infatuation
____________Touches me just when I
________~...Thought that it would end

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:31 pm

I don't think genders matter at all. If anything, I just want to make sure if I have if they are a male or female so that in a large crowd I don't say "she just joined" when the person is a male. But other than that, I don't think it matters. Along with that, most people's username can reveal their gender anyways.
One raindrop among millions.

Owllover246
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Owllover246 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:36 am

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:I don't think genders matter at all. If anything, I just want to make sure if I have if they are a male or female so that in a large crowd I don't say "she just joined" when the person is a male. But other than that, I don't think it matters. Along with that, most people's username can reveal their gender anyways.

Yep. I agree with you there Oceansong. :)

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:50 am

Mhh, I agree with almost everyone on here, gender shouldn't matter. I don't like it when, on MP, people get asked to leave because they're a certain gender. Asking the gender of someone isn't actually all that bad, it's just what people use the information for, that's what's bad.
Nov. 2011 UotM

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 pm

To me, I do not think that genders really matter across the game. I mean, it should not make a difference between the roleplay/hunting/etc. Anyway, I mostly call people "they" to avoid insulting by wrong gender and bypassing the filter.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”