Do genders really matter?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

kittenClaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Do genders really matter?

Post by kittenClaw » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:02 am

I SO AGREE WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE :!: But i only care about genders when it comes to,Mates/GF/BF! Witch that means never. cause it's not aloud. I can only Wonder though when some says in example "She/He found the elk?" how can they know :?:
駆除されていないすべての死体は、立ち上がると殺します。

Monte Carlo

Post by Monte Carlo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:11 am

I guess if you were planning on using pronouns such as he, she, his, her, etc. then the gender would matter. Wouldn't want to offend anyone by calling them the wrong gender.

Black Velvet
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Black Velvet » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Gender doesn't really matter to me. The only thing that matters to me is if they are good people.
Black velvet and that little boy's smile
Black velvet with that slow southern style
A new religion that'll bring ya to your knees
Black velvet if you please
-Alannah Myles

Author of "Silent Meadows"

LunaSilverfang
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LunaSilverfang » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:31 am

I'm not fussed about gender either. As long as the person in question isn't rude or nasty, it's all good. :)

MoonStep
Pup
Pup

Post by MoonStep » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 am

Well, when you are in multiplayer, and someone asks, "Is Moonstep on brb"? And the other might say, "Yes, she is." What my point is, people might get mixed up. You all know how, with some people, they get offended if you call 'her' a 'he'. So I'd say it's a fifty - fifty. I'd say they do, technically, matter. Although that's where players go wrong. On every website it seems, the same boy & girl situations. So I'd say they might matter... A, grammar-wise? I don't know how to put it,

You know what I mean!
You best not forget her...
Silver, may be there, watching, spying, on anyone.
What can she say? ... it's her job....

Larkey

Post by Larkey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:47 pm

I honestly don`t care about gender, unless people assume I`m a boy and desperate girls looking for mates come.

Kyrarah

Post by Kyrarah » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:52 am

I don't care for genders. What are they for on MultiPlayer, except of breaking the rules and finding a mate? God's sake. 70% of the time a boy asks your gender and you say you're a girl, he starts following you and saying flirty things, or vice-versa. And that's truly annoying. I'm a wolf, that's enough. c: Dowe need more, eh?

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 am

Basically the name you use should actually define your gender right away, though many names like; Shadow or fell, are both genders.
Though no one has come to me for a gender, basically I'm known somewhat on the game.
I mean another reason, I remember hearing is that when people RP, they use terms like "she" or well another type to say a female term to define what they're doing.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Kyrarah

Post by Kyrarah » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:38 am

kittenClaw wrote:I SO AGREE WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE :!: But i only care about genders when it comes to,Mates/GF/BF! Witch that means never. cause it's not aloud. I can only Wonder though when some says in example "She/He found the elk?" how can they know :?:
Mates and dating things aren't allowed on WolfQuest game and forum. Doing mates on the forum and game will result on permanent ban from the game and forum. ;3 Please avoid doing this.

Ameerie
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Ameerie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Genders don't matter, or it shouldn't matter. If people have a problem on oh you are a girl you can't do that, I think of them as Judgemental people
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Tell me my dear,
c
an a heart stil
l break
once its stopped beating??
Hmm...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wonderland Summer
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wonderland Summer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Well, I don't mind users asking me "led or alas?" I just put in my description, "so n so, alas or led." If I play as a led, every alas says in rp, "i like you i say" "can we be mates" Then i just leave without saying anything.
¨¨
|¨ Wonderland Summer ¨|
It's all fun and games
till somebody loses their
|..╚═ MIND ═╝..|
¨¨
Signature - Raven
Lyrics- Taylor Swift's Wonderland

Faolan MacDuncan
Pup
Pup

Post by Faolan MacDuncan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 pm

To me, genders don't really matter unless I don't want to offend people, or unless I truly cannot understand their wolf's name. But even then, I don't care. I simply want to play WQ, although I don't mind someone asking "led or alas" once in a while to make up goofy nicknames or whatever. So my basic opinion is, no, genders do not matter to me. I still sort of remember this multiplayer game where as soon as a player entered the game, they asked for genders. I just said a simple "Hello" and resumed my elk hunt...

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 am

Ah, I completely agree with the rest of the posters on this topic. For reasons of readability, I'll always use gender-neutral or masculine pronouns whenever I am on multiplayer.

However, when anybody asks me my gender on a game, I'll always reply with 'other'. And if they say it's not possible, then I just call them out on gender discrimination.
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

Faolan MacDuncan
Pup
Pup

Post by Faolan MacDuncan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah, I find it annoying when people always ask me. I used to just say what it was (led) but now I read a new announcement (I hadn't been on for a bit lol), so now I don't reply. I even considered titling my games things like "RandomWolves", "NoMates", or "NoGenders" because of being asked so much, but I don't know if I should name my open games that. But mates and gender specifics break WQ rules, so would these game titles be ok? I'm unsure...

Miku Hatsune
Pup
Pup

Post by Miku Hatsune » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:55 pm

We got ourselves a rebel here, because to be truly honest, I think they do.

I like to roleplay at least somewhat literately on multiplayer. Many of my posts are something like this (With cleaned grammar, of course.);
The wolf was draped in arcane desires as it tread through the forest. The male, whose name was Spades, licked his lips hungrily as he stumbled upon the elk carcass. He glanced about with his one eye, and quickly ate off of it and exited quickly, sensing another wolf on his trail.

(Congrats if you get the character reference) Maybe /not/ that long (Seeing as the chatbox on there is outrageously tiny.) but you get the drift. Obviously, if I posted that with multiplayer terminology it would be horrendously difficult to read and illiterate. I like being literate, it makes me feel good inside. Pronouns can't do that much harm, amirite? Although when I play him, poor Spades gets riddled with ill-mannered, hormonal she wolves seeking to only mate with him. That's when I draw the line.

Now, I feel uncomfortable and awkward whenever some random chick across the world wants to wolf flirt with me, seeing as I am straight, female, and a child. It's pretty nasty in my honest opinion, and I report every time I'm in one, although I do like to get a nice hearty trololo and act like a newbie and talk about hamburgers and stuff after I reported. ... Sorry, going out on a tangent.

ι тσσк α киιfє αи∂ ¢υт συт нєя єує
ι тσσк ιт нσмє αи∂ ωαт¢нє∂ ιт
ωιтнєя αи∂ ∂ιє
ѕнє'ѕ ℓυ¢ку тнαт ι ∂ι∂и'т ѕℓιρ нєя α ѕмιℓє
иσw ѕнє ѕℓєєρѕ ωιтн єує σρєи
тнαтѕ тнє ρяι¢є ѕнє ραι∂...
icon by jewelz

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”