Do genders really matter?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

pitbull234
Pup
Pup

Re: Do genders really matter?

Post by pitbull234 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Well gender doesn't matter in the muliplayer because its true. Everyone runs around saying they want a "meat" i mean like if they have read the rules your not allowed to have a "Meat" I wish people wouldn't do that.
─────── ʂiɭɛŋçɛɗ ───────
ահilε էհε հսოձռ ձяε ʂiɭɛŋçɛɗ
էհε թձƈĸ ƈձռ թεձĸ օսէ
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=71176
sig- savoury muffin

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 pm

pitbull234 wrote:Well gender doesn't matter in the muliplayer because its true. Everyone runs around saying they want a "meat" i mean like if they have read the rules your not allowed to have a "Meat" I wish people wouldn't do that.
Yeah, that's one of the most irritating things about MP besides when people are rude when they save spots.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Skydust wrote:
pitbull234 wrote:Well gender doesn't matter in the muliplayer because its true. Everyone runs around saying they want a "meat" i mean like if they have read the rules your not allowed to have a "Meat" I wish people wouldn't do that.
Yeah, that's one of the most irritating things about MP besides when people are rude when they save spots.
Unfortunately, its a common part of internet "culture" (WolfQuest isn't the only site/game that has this issue), so while the problem can not be eliminated entirely, it can be monitored. I know its irritating, but that's just how people are. They will do what they want, and they do not always read the rules.

ravenshadow31
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ravenshadow31 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Genders don't really matter. Unless I would want to call people something toher then their name I use "They" or "Them' or "their". So yea I don't see why genders would matter to people.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:27 pm

I think they don't matter in single player or multiplayer though I only do phrase chat if multiplayer (best way to avoid annoying people) and I rarely play multiplayer anyway! In singleplayer it matters only as much as finding a mate, but barely.

~Dusk
Last edited by duskypack on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

British Cupcake
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by British Cupcake » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:34 pm

I don't think it matters in Multiplayer. You can't say 'he' or 'she' anyway, so you can't even address another wolf in gender anyways. It would only matter in 'meat' rp's, which aren't even allowed.

However, to ME, it matters in Singleplayer. I only think this because I want to play the game and feel like I'm a real wolf, if your mate is the same gender then it's magic that you suddenly have pups. But that's just me. The pups could be adopted if you want a mate of the same gender c:
Signature is under construction :3

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:05 am

No, they don't matter to me.
"Just say something!"
"Something."

cherrybubblegum
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by cherrybubblegum » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Not really, when playing WQ. You can't even say male, female, and their associated pronouns, so it shouldn't be a concern.
otherwise I would say yes
that's a really clever trick fur a bear

ironhide101

Post by ironhide101 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:54 am

Honestly how many people have you met that literally ask you what your gender is anyway. I never really get asked this question myself. So is it really that important considering the WQ rules?

NoLimits
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NoLimits » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm gathering you mean gender of the wolf being role-played. As far as general roleplay goes I don't think it should matter to people.
While at the same time, if we are loving and understanding wolves, gender is important to them. Why should it not be to us?
Gender discrimination in the game (though I've never seen it in game) would just be stupid.
To those who break the RP rules: in some RP's it really matters. In the RP WQ encourages, Gender doesn't matter.
Ḍöṇ'ṫ ḅḷїṇḳ.
~~~Ḍöṇ'ṫ ёvёṇ ḅḷїṇḳ.~~~
~Ḃḷїṇḳ ạṇḍ ỵöṳ'ṙё ḍёạḍ.~~
~~~~Ṫḥёỵ ạṙё ḟạṡṭ.~~~~

Ḟạṡṭёṛ ṭḧạṅ ỵöṳ ċạṅ ḅёḷїvё.
~~Ḍöṇ'ṫ ṫṳṙṇ ỵöṳṙ ḅạċḳ.~~
~~~Ḍöṇ'ṫ ḷööḳ ạẅạỵ.~~~
~~~ᾼṅḍ ḍöṇ'ṫ ḅḷїṇḳ.~~~~
~~~~~Ġööḍ ḷụċḳ.~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SpiralStar9
Pup
Pup

Post by SpiralStar9 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:45 am

Not really important for me :|
Wal

Katemarie123
Pup
Pup

Post by Katemarie123 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:49 am

I don't really care about what gender people are but if i do know it's easier to go role play in my opinion.Cause i like to do it as if it was a book,and it really helps.Although it doesn't really matter as long as the person respects the rules.
ɪ αℳ ∀ ϖ∅ʟƒ

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:08 am

Likewise, I do not think genders are important. Male or female, all players should be seen as equals -- I usually respond with "invalid" if asked. x3
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

iIida

Post by iIida » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:53 am

whitewolfjasmine wrote:really i dont care about genders in rp
I agree with that. But in the single game, case is different.

wild_a1wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ink, Aoyuki, Mai

Post by wild_a1wolf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:12 pm

To me, gender plays little role in the rps, but it's nice to know who is what so I can expect behavior. In most rps i noticed male-based wolves tend to be dominant in behavior, more willing to hunt tougher prey, and try to create more adventure. Female-based wolves tend to want to den faster, even as a lead, stay closer to home than others. Rarely do I meet a fellow roleplayer that is being a female wolf and is like what I see in the male ones. I hop to and from genders for rp and try to balance it out. Not saying what i noticed is true to each roleplayer, but it gives me a future thought of what to try to add to the rp as it goes along.
Loner rps are a bit stronger in the stalker activity but if you rp right you can simply state you either do not want a pairing to happen or that you are not interested. Only in a rare case does someone simply join for strictly looking for a mate and most handle it well by telling the player to leave or to stop search and actually play. However, just as many people have stated above me; gender in multiplayer plays little to no role. It always comes down to how well the group rps; the gender over time becomes a distant bit of information of your wolf just as the scars, marks, size, eye color,etc. But in the long haul it's what you make of your wolf and how you use it's description that matters.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”