Mates - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Mates - Your opinion?

Bad
21%
OK
25%
Good
13%
Great
17%
TERRIBLE
24%

Total votes: 119

tattoo215
Pup
Pup

Re: Mates - Your opinion?

Post by tattoo215 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Croix wrote:
Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:I think that the people looking for "mates" are just sad, lonely, depressed people who want love.
I have to politely disagree with this statement.
It's clear that a percentage people on mutliplayer don't go on the forums or even know the rules. New people join a server looking for a friend, are most likely overwhelmed, and the people that are doing the inappropriate things (such as having mates) rub off on to them. So they possibly think, "Well, so-and-so hasn't gotten in trouble for having a mate, so why can't I have one. I see nothing wrong with it because I have not seen anything that says it is wrong."
New people on WolfQuest can be easily influenced to think that having mates is a good thing.
Also, I have seen people that have "mates" don't even do anything inappropriate, some aren't "looking for love", they are looking for a friend.
I am always on the forums, and I totally know the rules. I dont have mates anymore because i am not in the mood to be banned. ^_^
"Even angels have their wicked schemes,
And you take that to new extremes,
But you'll always be my hero,
Even though you've lost your mind."

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:Well even if you do just have a mate for the RolePlay, you never know... one of them could be serious and start trying to find you. And I just find it creepy, being with someone you don't even know, even if it's only for the RolePlay. And especially the way people say it... I was in this one server called "LionsRP" and the person described as~
Blade, boy, no meat really really wants one!
That made me wonder about that person. So anyways he eventually came up to me and said~
Bows to you and lick, your paw be my meat?
Honestly, I said no. And that person said~
Just for the rp?
Obviously another no... I just wonder about people sometimes.
That's why I go to every game! ^^

Mate's are now showing up in a variety of different games, although they had decreased a lot. I never really see any 'meatwanted' games and such around anymore.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Thandi wrote:Mate's are now showing up in a variety of different games, although they had decreased a lot. I never really see any 'meatwanted' games and such around anymore.
I still see them often. They aren't as popular, but still they are there. One day I counted that more than half of all servers open were titled "MeatPlz," or "BeMyMeat," or "Meating," or something. But the popularity is somewhat descreasing, and I'm glad it is. Hopefully it will finally end soon.
One raindrop among millions.

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Personally I think it will never truly be gone unless WolfQuest switches to a phrased chat only instead of just having it as an option. Problems like this, unless you jump on them before they can fully take off are impossible to wipe away totally until there is NO possible way for it to happen.

Fallows
Pup
Pup

Post by Fallows » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:37 pm

I think mates since al ready not allowed are inappropriate. I think it is ok to have a partner to run a pack with, but not "mates."
ℐm drunk on tears, High on laughter, I'm a whirlwind of disaster

- Fallows
Icon ©-Infinity-

Toralu
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Toralu » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:07 pm

There are a lot of 5 year olds kids and stuff like that so I don't think it should be allowed.
...........T ● O ● R ● A ● L ● U
........“We are the music makers,
........and we are the dreamers of
.....................dreams”

.......................-Willy Wonka
..............Avvie (c) C-Lupus Sigge (c) Me

DeFender
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DeFender » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 pm

I don't like the idea of having a mate in order to move on to the next section. Some others in real life can live without a love relationship. I won't mind being on single player living as a loner. (If you could create an "Invite" as a friend option, or pups without parents, that would be nice) Also, I have enough problems taking four wolves to another area, feeding them, and defending them from bears/coyote/eagle while my mate decides to do something else. I agree with Toralu about the fact kids are playing this game. We don't need more people playing to ask for a girl-boy friend. (I've been asked that in real life and online. It's becoming annoying)
Sleep is very important. Without it, we can't think straight. If you think you're normal without any sleep, be careful.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:11 pm

DeFender wrote:I don't like the idea of having a mate in order to move on to the next section. Some others in real life can live without a love relationship. I won't mind being on single player living as a loner. (If you could create an "Invite" as a friend option, or pups without parents, that would be nice) Also, I have enough problems taking four wolves to another area, feeding them, and defending them from bears/coyote/eagle while my mate decides to do something else. I agree with Toralu about the fact kids are playing this game. We don't need more people playing to ask for a girl-boy friend. (I've been asked that in real life and online. It's becoming annoying)
I believe this topic is aimed more towards multiplayer mates. At least, that is what people are talking about more. ^^
Mates are in WolfQuest Singleplayer because it shows what a normal dispersal wolf's life would be. Wolves that disperse from their native packs do it to start their own pack, which means finding a mate to do so. WolfQuest is meant to educate people in a wolf's life, finding a mate is a major step and achivement (in the game as well as in real life), so in my mind I have no problem with having to get a mate to advance in the game.
If you want to play a lone wolf, you could do it in Singleplayer, just that is not the objective about the game and you wouldn't get very far. With the addition of weather and time in the new update, I'm sure it would be more realistic and suit the life of a lone wolf better.
Pups without parents would survive long at all without protection and food either, so they would die since they can't provide for them self.
As for the AI of your mate, that is normal, they find food while you protect the pups , mark the territory, etc., sure it could use some improvement, but it has the basics for your pups to survive and let you beat the game. They are safe when you are a distance away from the den too, it even says so in the game, so bears and coyotes won't spawn near the den and try to kill your pups. Would you like your pups to starve while you and your mate are too busy defending the den so no one is able to get food to feed your pups? I know I wouldn't.

yuli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by yuli » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:23 pm

I don't see the point of having a mate in MP, I know it's about the wolf's life but you can live it without a mate. The point of the people that doesn't know the rules is always having a mate...I dunno why.

If they would like to have a mate, For that's SP ^_^

Vira Mote
Pup
Pup

Post by Vira Mote » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:41 am

People who wants mate in MP are annoying me. When i come to chat every time theres some wolves who tells: "i have no meat (for cheat chat lexicon)" or "looking for meat" or "has meat" . Thats boring.
yuli wrote:

If they would like to have a mate, For that's SP ^_^
True.
Sorry For my a bit terrible English !!

...¸.•*¨*`•.¸Vira Mote ¸.•*¨*`•.¸

♫ Cool
♫ Nice
♫ Friendly
♫ Helpful
♫ Modest
♫ Just... Amazing!
♫ =)

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:55 am

In my opinion, mates are not really the best choice to go with, even though in single player you do have one and pups, having a pack... in multi player drama is held and people carry on and fight for who they want, making the other person jealous, or trying to say for example: Rose, she, VERY BEAUTIFUL and would like a mate"
I'M NOT BACK SEATING ANYONE, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE NAME! ;D
and another: Thunder, boy, very strong and loyal would kill another boy, for that she,
O.O

I have seen attempts like this where it gets out of hand, where cheating is also involved. is that the reason why having so called: mates" in the game not allowed?
in 2009 I used to have a mate... now I don't since I been with many, but I have stopped ever since drama cam to a chat and tried to kill or get rid of the already companion packs... I also seen many people saying they HAVE a mate already, when they really don't O.? and I know others have only one or two user names and with a same user name and your going for a mate, yet, be aware that a person with the same user but a different name, is not a good idea either. your making that person feel like your cheating on them.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

BatteriesNotIncluded
Pup
Pup
Location: plunging hours of my life into pointless youtube videos.

Post by BatteriesNotIncluded » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Mates are bad.

They can lead to inappropriate chats, in fact, one time, I saw one that said "matingseasonratedR".

These chats are highly inappropriate, and I usually stay away from them. Staying away from them is what I recommend.
we literally have no way of knowing whether or not the world outside of our consciousness exists

c':
james-fun-in-the-sunderland.tumblr.com

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:21 pm

In all honesty, I think mating should be allowed to a certain extent. I'm not paranoid about wanting a friend who's of the opposite gender, or wanting to know someone's gender, or wanting to have a 'best wq friend', though it can be annoying when someone is obsessed with genders of other wq members or finding the perfect online friend. If cana left it up to me, I would allow gender-specific games and even saying you had pups...just as long as it stayed as more of a 'friendship' than a 'marriage'. Basically, I'm not bothered by seeing users like each other, or put emphasis on the fact that they're of opposite genders, or even having pups/being pregnant....as long as you don't start saving spots, making 'males/females only' games or including the 'details' of becoming pregnant/the moment of birth as a result.

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm

jaguartail wrote:In all honesty, I think mating should be allowed to a certain extent. I'm not paranoid about wanting a friend who's of the opposite gender, or wanting to know someone's gender, or wanting to have a 'best wq friend', though it can be annoying when someone is obsessed with genders of other wq members or finding the perfect online friend. If cana left it up to me, I would allow gender-specific games and even saying you had pups...just as long as it stayed as more of a 'friendship' than a 'marriage'. Basically, I'm not bothered by seeing users like each other, or put emphasis on the fact that they're of opposite genders, or even having pups/being pregnant....as long as you don't start saving spots, making 'males/females only' games or including the 'details' of becoming pregnant/the moment of birth as a result.
If only the rest of the MP users thought likewise, eh Jaguartail? Unfortunately, I don't think the latter will ever be the case with WQ.

wolvestail
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolvestail » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:53 pm

There is NO point on the MP to have a mate... I mean, why would you have one? You don't even know the person/wolf... And on the SP my partner isn't that great... They are all the same; get food far away (even though its right next to the den, and help kill the elk only when it is just about to die.. and doesn't do all the things that everyone says their partners do!! >.<
.......Avⓒsayuri-hime-7 dA

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”