Game Moderators: What do you think?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Should we have game moderators?

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
74%
No, I like the chat the way it is.
18%
Other (Please say below)
8%

Total votes: 38

BitterApple

Re: Game Moderators: What do you think?

Post by BitterApple » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:12 pm

What Thandi said is true.
I think game mods wouldn't work out to well, for some reason. .-.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:30 pm

BitterApple wrote:What Thandi said is true.
I think game mods wouldn't work out to well, for some reason. .-.
Yea, I know what you mean. It is just an idea and that is all, and I know all the pros and cons of having a game mod but it is a cool idea! But I do think it would work out very well it is just hard to think of how it would get started since I am sure Cana does not want to make another private group for them ^^!
Creator of Return of the Pack project
http://moca.games/

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Ach, sorry for the infinity posts, my computer was bugging up on me. :/
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Ah it is ok ^^ But I dont think you can delete them now so I guess we wait for a mod to clean them up o3o

Back on topic!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:28 am

Personally I don't think a 'game moderator' is really necessary, seeing how everyone can report. I believe someone set up a patrolling program?

The moderators themselves do a fair bit of reporting (Though not me... I haven't been able to get on multiplayer in ages, I'm afraid) so a game moderator wouldn't be really needed.

As for Thandi's post lagup, cleaned that up for you. :)

Cheyanne
Pup
Pup

Post by Cheyanne » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 am

The problem with game mods would be that if one entered a chat, every single person in there would behave. The mod would have to be disguised.... or the mod would have to not be a known mod with a green username on this. But I agree to this, one, because people think that having mates on MP is okay, two, because people are getting away with calling people cuss words. So I agree, game moderators should be watching the game itself.
:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:Cheyanne was here:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:
Swimmer and proud. I'm also a wolf.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:39 am

You do bring up a good point there. The thing is, game moderators would probably be limited in their numbers themselves... Best would be if players aware of the rules would be so kind to remind others of them.

I also think it would be quite difficult to implement game mods in-game. It would probably cost a lot of money and time, while the current system works pretty well.

Cheyanne
Pup
Pup

Post by Cheyanne » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:10 am

You are right about that, and most of the players will apologize. Recently, I was on an RP and we were all pretending we were big cats in Africa. There were two lions, a lioness and a lion. They were going to have cubs, and I kindly pointed out that that was not allowed in the game. They said everyone else was doing it, so it must be okay. That is what saddens me. But they didn't go into details, so I didn't say anything more. But there are plenty of times when the person who is doing something they shouldn't be doing says rude things and sometimes even cuss words. I understand about the money thing, but the thing that scares me is that there are kids on here, and what can they do when they see an RP titled 'human breading RP? (Yes, people are doing that.) A girl and I were playing in a Zoo Wolf RP the other day, and this person who was on there cussed us out, I took a screen shot, told her to please stop, and she said another rude thing. And the girl who she was originally attacking asked me how to take a screenshot. I had been watching this wolf's nametag moving, and it stopped. I told the girl how to do a screenshot, meanwhile the other person was quiet. Probably thinking about what they had done. This is why I am rambling on. People are behaving in an innapropriate way in MP. All of this is why I think there should be in game moderators.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 am

Hmm, good ideas. But I was not thinking of adding features to games just adding mods. Like what if the mod was hidden, sorta like what you were saying but they would have an account for just being a mod that would not work on the forums or something like that. So the mods can sneak in the game to check out what is going on or if a chat has a suggestive tittle, they could just close it. (like a message would pop up for the players saying that this chat is not aloud and has been closed.) It is really just up for debate and I am not planning on this ever going into action tho it would be nice.

Now if this could happen but would be a money issue, maybe another fund raise contest would help... But I am not sure if people would want to because of the more recent contest for the lightning (which was a BIG help). So I don't know, there would be alot of issues but their would be pros as well.

Frost46
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Frost46 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:36 am

Cheyanne wrote:You are right about that, and most of the players will apologize. Recently, I was on an RP and we were all pretending we were big cats in Africa. There were two lions, a lioness and a lion. They were going to have cubs, and I kindly pointed out that that was not allowed in the game. They said everyone else was doing it, so it must be okay. That is what saddens me. But they didn't go into details, so I didn't say anything more. But there are plenty of times when the person who is doing something they shouldn't be doing says rude things and sometimes even cuss words. I understand about the money thing, but the thing that scares me is that there are kids on here, and what can they do when they see an RP titled 'human breading RP? (Yes, people are doing that.) A girl and I were playing in a Zoo Wolf RP the other day, and this person who was on there cussed us out, I took a screen shot, told her to please stop, and she said another rude thing. And the girl who she was originally attacking asked me how to take a screenshot. I had been watching this wolf's nametag moving, and it stopped. I told the girl how to do a screenshot, meanwhile the other person was quiet. Probably thinking about what they had done. This is why I am rambling on. People are behaving in an innapropriate way in MP. All of this is why I think there should be in game moderators.
Wow. I can't believe people make "Human Breading" Rps... O.o
And that is why I think game moderators would be a great adjustment to Multiplayer.
*~.~*♪Frost46♫*~.~*
☼Proud WQ Community Member☼
These are the things that make me unique

Avvie © Zethra
Siggie © Me

Cheyanne
Pup
Pup

Post by Cheyanne » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:54 am

Yep :3 there are tons of strange messed up people in the world.
I think another fundraising contest would be a great idea! (If there was, I'd want the howling wolf mood necklace.) Game mods are definitely needed. I myself watch the stuff closely, but once I tried reporting one of those 'human breading' RPs by sending it to a WQ email address, and I got an email back saying that that email address it not usually checked, and that they probably will never get back to me. I don't know how to use certain programs for my computer (windows) so I used a word document, and I don't know how to attach it to a PM on here. So yeah.... maybe some of the actual mods could hold a contest, and have players enter it to become a game moderator. But one of the problems that might occur if game mods do eventually happen, is people will be nervous if they're doing something that they know is wrong. It would cause mistrust in MP games. But, yeah, I'm all for game moderators. And I think having a contest or fundraiser is a good idea, or collecting volunteers might be a good idea too!

ObsidianBlossom
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ObsidianBlossom » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:00 am

Well, I suppose if there can't be "official" game mods, a group like the those working on the Inappropriate Multiplayer Graph or whatever-it-was called would still help. Like, they would all have specific times to go on and report games, but maybe they wouldn't go into graphing it all (Because this would just be to stop the inappropriate players) or not collecting data about what they found. Maybe it would be set up differently, I don't know, but it is an idea if actual game mods aren't implemented. Young people certainly don't need to see what's in a "HumanBreadingRp", so something has to be done.
Frost46 wrote: Wow. I can't believe people make "Human Breading" Rps... O.o
And that is why I think game moderators would be a great adjustment to Multiplayer.

I know. That's just... wrong. And that's also why I think something has to be done, these people are just... over the top and out of control. I'd definitely go for another fund-raising contest if it was to help implement game mods and/or stop these sick-minded people.

Cheyanne
Pup
Pup

Post by Cheyanne » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:11 am

I know. That's just... wrong. And that's also why I think something has to be done, these people are just... over the top and out of control. I'd definitely go for another fund-raising contest if it was to help implement game mods and/or stop these sick-minded people.
I totally agree. And the thing that makes this awful: These people KNOW there are kids on here. If there is a fundraising contest, I will ask my parents to purchase for me something from the shop so that this can stop.

ObsidianBlossom
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ObsidianBlossom » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:36 am

I'd probably try to convince my parents to just donate so that 100% of it goes to WolfQuest. If this idea gets enough support (not saying it will, but if it does) then maybe someone could ask Cana about the possibility of this happening? And, this is more-so just a question that came to mind, but when you submit in reports via http://wolfquest.org/abuse/ how long does it usually take to have them looked over? Because, we have to make sure that there won't be an overload of reports if Game moderators are added.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:43 am

For me, it takes a week or so because of 2.5 being made I guess... Sometimes, they never respond to mine and it makes me mad! I know I am doing it right because sometimes I get an email saying that is has been taken care of! Oh well, I will send this to Cana since I have sent other things to her before and she always responds ^^

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”