Game Moderators: What do you think?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Should we have game moderators?

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
74%
No, I like the chat the way it is.
18%
Other (Please say below)
8%

Total votes: 38

Shikoku
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Game Moderators: What do you think?

Post by Shikoku » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:04 pm

KatetheWolf11 wrote: "everyone would be good and behave when a [game] mod was in their chat."
I would honestly have to disagree with this, because if people are making inappropriate chats they probably haven't read the rules, which means they probably don't even know a fraction of the regular Mods. So there's a good chance they wouldn't know who is and who isn't a Game Mod, let alone know the fact they even exist.

Jinxy
Pup
Pup

Post by Jinxy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Shikoku wrote:...if people are making inappropriate chats they probably haven't read the rules, which means they probably don't even know a fraction of the regular Mods. So there's a good chance they wouldn't know who is and who isn't a Game Mod, let alone know the fact they even exist.

I have to disagree with you here Shikoku. I think that people know the rules whether they have read them or not. I think people that make the inappropriate chats know they shouldnt be yet they do it anyway. And they may not know who the mods are exactly but Im sure they know that they exist. They probably make the chats thinking no one will do anything about it and they wont get in trouble. Whether more Mods would help or not I really dont know, but it cant do any harm.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~Jinxy~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Dang, that was fun!'~

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Jinxy wrote:I have to disagree with you here Shikoku. I think that people know the rules whether they have read them or not. I think people that make the inappropriate chats know they shouldnt be yet they do it anyway. And they may not know who the mods are exactly but Im sure they know that they exist. They probably make the chats thinking no one will do anything about it and they wont get in trouble. Whether more Mods would help or not I really dont know, but it cant do any harm.
On the contrary, I have met many people on MP who have not read the rules.

Jinxy
Pup
Pup

Post by Jinxy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Croix wrote:On the contrary, I have met many people on MP who have not read the rules.

I believe you misunderstood me. I'm quiet sure people have not read the rules. But what I was trying to say was that people should know what is appropriate and whats not, yet they still make inappropriate chats.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~Jinxy~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Dang, that was fun!'~

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Jinxy wrote:
Croix wrote:On the contrary, I have met many people on MP who have not read the rules.

I believe you misunderstood me. I'm quiet sure people have not read the rules. But what I was trying to say was that people should know what is appropriate and whats not, yet they still make inappropriate chats.
i did meet both. its really annoying.
the ones, who dont read the rules mostly apologize and promise they never will do so. (half of it was lieing and did it again)
the most annoying and hard to handle are the ones who know the rules, but dont care. I mostly keep silent, but there was one or two occasions when i was alone with them in chat and actually told them what they are doing is not allowed.
most answers:
and?
dont care, now get out
what can you do anyway...
huhh? my dad/mom/sister/brother owns the game. so i do what i want!
i lol at their answers sometime. :mrgreen:

Shikoku wrote:
KatetheWolf11 wrote: "everyone would be good and behave when a [game] mod was in their chat."
I would honestly have to disagree with this, because if people are making inappropriate chats they probably haven't read the rules, which means they probably don't even know a fraction of the regular Mods. So there's a good chance they wouldn't know who is and who isn't a Game Mod, let alone know the fact they even exist.
If GMs were really announced, then im sure they would have a name tag that says so "username[GM]" or something.
Buuut we got the new team already. they are our GMs.
and i say:
its much better to have "invisible" GMs then ones that they can tell who they are.
because this way, they know someone is watching.... but who, they dont know.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Gargantor wrote:
Shikoku wrote:
If GMs were really announced, then im sure they would have a name tag that says so "username[GM]" or something.
Buuut we got the new team already. they are our GMs.
and i say:
its much better to have "invisible" GMs then ones that they can tell who they are.
because this way, they know someone is watching.... but who, they dont know.
I definitely agree with this. Having a name tag while in-game makes people "behave" and they normally hide their inappropriate behavior for when you leave. Even now, if people who are being inappropriate know you from the forums or something, they'll "behave" and pretend they're doing nothing wrong. The tags underneath your name wouldn't help you catch the people who are acting inappropriately. I personally prefer how it is now; undercover-style.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Hmm...
well it wouldnt hurt to have some ppl have the tag behind their name(not the report team members).
why i say this?
basically they would be like... for show? to show the parents, the teachers and all the players someone is there and looking (even if it is not the ones with the tags). just as a scare thing?
just a thought.
right now ppl dont know there are some kind of GMs, not that its bad, i already said its awesome this way, but in the other hand the parents and teachers dont have a proof that its guarded?

and these wouldnt be undercover? these would be the ones who you can ask questions ingame? and have some kind of authority?
just another thought...
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”