Your Final Journey

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Kindwing
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Your Final Journey

Post by Kindwing » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:17 pm

MistyWolf10101 wrote:In my first game, I still had three pups left at the start. Star got snatched by the eagle before we had even left our territory. I managed to get Lily and Jay to the summer den site from Saddle Meadows. Then, the eagle showed up, just as we all started howling. It was really weird, but I think it couldn't get to the pups, since it was the end of the game.

In my second game, I was at East Creek, and still had all four pups at the start. I carried Esarosa, the white pup, most of the time, because I didn't want her to die. Once, she almost died, but I reloaded the game just in time. I also figured out how to get my mate, Wolfgang, to carry the pups to me. I just picked one up, ran ahead, and waited for him to catch up. Then I turned back toward the pups, went that way for a second and he got the message and went and brought a pup to me. I used that helpful tactic multiple times. Then, I got worried, because Esarosa, Wulfric, and Accaila were all at the new den, but Wolfgang had spontaneously carried Lupe INTO ENEMY TERRITORY! And SHE WAS HUNGRY! I was going to go try to get her myself, but then my crazy mate got his marbles back, and brought her to me. We won. Yay! Happy ending! :mrgreen:
First off, let me just say I absolutely love the names of your pups and mate! :mrgreen: I had trouble with trying to get my mate to carry pups to me because I was worried a predator was nearby and my mate sort of favored some pups more than others so he always brought one or two pups then refused to get the others. He left my pup Dawn in enemy territory once! If I may ask (out of curiosity), how did you cross the river?

MistyWolf10101
Pup
Pup

Post by MistyWolf10101 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Kindwing wrote:
MistyWolf10101 wrote:In my first game, I still had three pups left at the start. Star got snatched by the eagle before we had even left our territory. I managed to get Lily and Jay to the summer den site from Saddle Meadows. Then, the eagle showed up, just as we all started howling. It was really weird, but I think it couldn't get to the pups, since it was the end of the game.

In my second game, I was at East Creek, and still had all four pups at the start. I carried Esarosa, the white pup, most of the time, because I didn't want her to die. Once, she almost died, but I reloaded the game just in time. I also figured out how to get my mate, Wolfgang, to carry the pups to me. I just picked one up, ran ahead, and waited for him to catch up. Then I turned back toward the pups, went that way for a second and he got the message and went and brought a pup to me. I used that helpful tactic multiple times. Then, I got worried, because Esarosa, Wulfric, and Accaila were all at the new den, but Wolfgang had spontaneously carried Lupe INTO ENEMY TERRITORY! And SHE WAS HUNGRY! I was going to go try to get her myself, but then my crazy mate got his marbles back, and brought her to me. We won. Yay! Happy ending! :mrgreen:
First off, let me just say I absolutely love the names of your pups and mate! :mrgreen: I had trouble with trying to get my mate to carry pups to me because I was worried a predator was nearby and my mate sort of favored some pups more than others so he always brought one or two pups then refused to get the others. He left my pup Dawn in enemy territory once! If I may ask (out of curiosity), how did you cross the river?
In my first game, I looked at the bottom of the creek and found a place that looked shallow, and it was. In my second game, I went to Sandbar Crossing, which was conveniently near my den. It's shallower than other parts of the creek.
.*¨*.¸.*¨ ¸.*¨¨*'.˛ ¨*'.˛.*¨*.

ƸӜƷ

м ι s т y

ƸӜƷ

.*¨*.¨*'.˛¨*'.˛ ¸.*¨¸.*¨.*¨*.

Av/Sig: river6/Emberflare

FoxyWolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by FoxyWolfy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:21 pm

BitterApple wrote:I love the final journey. I think it's too easy, so I pick the den furthest away from the summer spot, and go the long way to it. xD
Of course, that usually leaves me with one pup left, but it's more interesting.
Too easy? It's hard, no offence. I just completed it the other day for the first time.
Well, the hardest thing about it was whenever I got a pup to the star,
it would not stay! So annoying. It would just trot out like "Haha I'm so smart." And my wolf was all like, "Ya you'll be real smart when you get eaten."
But, through my mate just dropping the pups in the river and having to save over and over I managed to get all the pups to the point.
Ha. I'm so proud.
ғσxүкιηs
´*•.¸ тнε cυтεsт ℓιттℓε¸.•*´
gσσғ
σғ
´*•.¸ρσσғεү¸.•*´
ғσσғs
Signature/Av©By:SinnedAshes/wolfwhisp

Newbie-Teacher Program
Great Travelers Pack

alexterri2
Pup
Pup

Post by alexterri2 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 am

My most recent final journey was probably my most stressful one yet, and I FINALLY completed it with all four pups alive!

Here were the wolves:

Twilight [Me, a black male]
Eclipse [My mate, a grey-brown female]

And our pups: [Note- Since in 2.5 you can only have dark brown pups, I'm making up their colours]

Midnight; Black female pup, the oldest in the litter [she was one of those "wonderful" pups that likes to wander off even after training]
Dawn: Grey-brown, second oldest in the litter [she had a habit of not following me during the final journey... until around the end when they were getting really hungry, THEN she followed me]
Dusk: Black male pup [he was actually one of the easiest pups during the final journey: he didn't wander away much and he always followed me. Sometimes when I was moving al of the pups to one spot Dusk would be the last, and by the time I was going to go get him he had followed me all the way there]
Midday: Grey-brown male pup, the runt of the liter [I think he was my mate's favourite pup]

I had taken Bison Peak, so that it would be slightly easier. My tactic was basically to pick up one pup, carry it for a bit, and then go back for another one, and continue to do that throughout the journey. Eclipse was surprisingly helpful, her only problem being that she would occasionally take a pup and put it back where it had been. She also frequently ran off to get food for the pups. Before we got to the river, the eagle showed up [of course], and it dived for one of the pups. While it was doing so, I was in the middle of the picking up pup action, but when I tried to get out of it it kept on restarting all over again, so I was basically stuck there while the eagle took off with Midday. And then...... I reloaded my last save and had him back [I'm such a cheater smh]. I usually don't do that but I REALLY wanted to have all four pups for once. Plus I was really angry about how I COULD have saved Dusk. Either way, I bit the eagle's behind and it left us a lone for a little while.
I followed that little star thingie on the compass while traveling, and once I got to the river the water was shallow enough so that I could get the pups through. There was one problem though: my mate was back with us and I really didn't want to lose a pup to her drowning it. So I tried to be quick about it, and my mate was surprisingly helpful. However, when I was taking the pups over, when I was on the second one and I was looking back to get the third one, I noticed that my mate had dropped Midnight in the river. I immediately charged over there to save her. Luckily though she dropped her in a shallow part and Midnight was fine.

After this, pretty much as soon as we started moving again, guess who shows up? NO, GUESS. This time, I managed to kick its feathery behind before it tried to take off with a pup. Not even one minute later, however, a coyote shows up. I chase after it, but since my wolf has low stamina and speed I had a hard time chasing it down, Once I bit it two times it was moving roughly at the speed of a turtle and I figured that it wasn't a threat to my pups anymore since it could barely move. Stupid mistake. Not thirty seconds later, ANOTHER coyote shows up. I try to go after it, but it's of course too fast for me and I notice on the side of the screen the other coyote going dangerously close to my pups. So I go after THAT coyote but somehow it evades me and the uninjured coyote is moments away from snatching a pup. Repeat those last two sentences three times. Then the uninjured coyote manages to eat Dusk. Frustrated, I reload my save again bc I'm a cheater. THIS time a coyote shows up again but I kill it before it gets one of my pups.

I moved a little more, but not even ONE MINUTE after the ordeal with the coyote, guess who's back again?? [Seriously, do they ever learn?] I kick its feathery behind again, and it leaves us alone for the time being.
Now, at this point, I'm extremely frustrated. I'm not even 100 meters away from the rendezvous point, my pups are pretty much starving, my mate is off Ggod knows where, and I'm super stressed out. I grabbed Midnight and booked it, running to the Rendezvous point. I then get Dawn and Midday. When I turn around to go grab Dusk I see him right behind me [ he followed me]. I give them the tiny bit of food I have left and I then site there at the rendezvous point with my pups while waiting for my derpy mate. Thankfully she returns, and after a bit we all start howling. And then... I started running in one place, and I couldn't move my character around at all, and there wasn't a pop up saying something like "congrats you made it to the rendezvous point1'. I don't really care tho, I'm done with that save file.
Last edited by alexterri2 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 pm

alexterri2 wrote:My most recent final journey was probably my most stressful one yet, and I FINALLY completed it with all four pups alive!

Here were the wolves:

Twilight [Me, a black male]
Eclipse [My mate, a grey-brown female]

And our pups: [Note- Since in 2.5 you can only have dark brown pups, I'm making up their colours]

Midnight; Black female pup, the oldest in the litter [she was one of those "wonderful" pups that likes to wander off even after training]
Dawn: Grey-brown, second oldest in the litter [she had a habit of not following me during the final journey... until around the end when they were getting really hungry, THEN she followed me]
Dusk: Black male pup [he was actually one of the easiest pups during the final journey: he didn't wander away much and he always followed me. Sometimes when I was moving al of the pups to one spot Dusk would be the last, and by the time I was going to go get him he had followed me all the way there]
Midday: Grey-brown male pup, the runt of the liter [I think he was my mate's favourite pup]

I had taken Bison Peak, so that it would be slightly easier. My tactic was basically to pick up one pup, carry it for a bit, and then go back for another one, and continue to do that throughout the journey. Eclipse was surprisingly helpful, her only problem being that she would occasionally take a pup and put it back where it had been. She also frequently ran off to get food for the pups. Before we got to the river, the eagle showed up [of course], and it dived for one of the pups. While it was doing so, I was in the middle of the picking up pup action, but when I tried to get out of it it kept on restarting all over again, so I was basically stuck there while the eagle took off with Midday. And then...... I reloaded my last save and had him back [I'm such a cheater smh]. I usually don't do that but I REALLY wanted to have all four pups for once. Plus I was really angry about how I COULD have saved Dusk. Either way, I bit the eagle's behind and it left us a lone for a little while.
I followed that little star thingie on the compass while traveling, and once I got to the river the water was shallow enough so that I could get the pups through. There was one problem though: my mate was back with us and I really didn't want to lose a pup to her drowning it. So I tried to be quick about it, and my mate was surprisingly helpful. However, when I was taking the pups over, when I was on the second one and I was looking back to get the third one, I noticed that my mate had dropped Midnight in the river. I immediately charged over there to save her. Luckily though she dropped her in a shallow part and Midnight was fine.

After this, pretty much as soon as we started moving again, guess who shows up? NO, GUESS. Why, the Eagle of course! This time, I managed to kick its feathery behind before it tried to take off with a pup. Not even one minute later, however, a coyote shows up. I chase after it, but since my wolf has low stamina and speed I had a hard time chasing it down, Once I bit it two times it was moving roughly at the speed of a turtle and I figured that it wasn't a threat to my pups anymore since it could barely move. Stupid mistake. Not thirty seconds later, ANOTHER coyote shows up. I try to go after it, but it's of course too fast for me and I notice on the side of the screen the other coyote going dangerously close to my pups. So I go after THAT coyote but somehow it evades me and the uninjured coyote is moments away from snatching a pup. Repeat those last two sentences three times. Then the uninjured coyote manages to eat Dusk. Frustrated, I reload my save again bc I'm a cheater. THIS time a coyote shows up again but I kill it before it gets one of my pups.

I moved a little more, but not even ONE MINUTE after the ordeal with the coyote, guess who's back again?? Mr.Eagle of course [Seriously, do they ever learn?] I kick its feathery behind again, and it leaves us alone for the time being.
Now, at this point, I'm extremely frustrated. I'm not even 100 meters away from the rendezvous point, my pups are pretty much starving, my mate is off Ggod knows where, and I'm super stressed out. I grabbed Midnight and booked it, running to the Rendezvous point. I then get Dawn and Midday. When I turn around to go grab Dusk I see him right behind me [ he followed me]. I give them the tiny bit of food I have left and I then site there at the rendezvous point with my pups while waiting for my derpy mate. Thankfully she returns, and after a bit we all start howling. And then... I started running in one place, and I couldn't move my character around at all, and there wasn't a pop up saying something like "congrats you made it to the rendezvous point1'. I don't really care tho, I'm done with that save file.
Awwww, you named your pup after me! How sweet... Just kidding!

Rest in peace, Dusk. You will be remembered.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Aeva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Aeva » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:21 pm

I selected the den site nearest to the rendezvous area, so the voyage was quite short. The only real hassle was the river, stumbling into foreign territories, and the eagles, of course. I would carry one pup in my mouth and walk backwards to maintain an unobstructed view of the other pups. This tactic works like magic.

Nere
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Nere » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:25 pm

I had picked Saddle Meadows den, and in the end, I had all four pups survive. Yay me.

Ashylnn (my wolf) is a female alpha with a pale golden orange pelt and a white face and belly. She has bright amber eyes.

Zev (my mate) is the male alpha with a black pelt mixed with silver. He has dark blue eyes.

Eira (Eira is the welsh word for snow) is the eldest daughter. Between her siblings, she has the rank of beta. She has a pure white pelt, and dark amber eyes.

Renn is the second oldest, and a male wolf. Among his siblings, he has an alpha reputation. He has a brownish gold pelt with streaks of black. His eyes are a deep blue like his father's.

Sita is the next, as the third oldest. Between her brothers and sisters, she has taken the rank of delta. She has a dark gray pelt with a lighter shade of gray for her face and belly. Her tail is tipped with black, and she has light blue eyes.

Colt is the youngest of the pups, and he is the sweet omega. He is playful and curious along with his partner in crime, his older sister Sita. He has a black pelt with lighter shades of brown streaking through it. Colt has dark amber eyes like his eldest sister Eira.

Beforehand, when I was on the mission to find a den, I scouted out an area with Zev that was a shallow river crossing by saddle meadows, so I didn't have to go all the way to the main crossing place. Once I got the pups across and fed them (Zev was no help so far) the eagle decided to snatch my little hijo Renn. Finally, when I was tending to Sita, Zev took charge and chased the eagle away. I was too far away and could not have saved Renn, but Zev did. So good for him. Then it was a matter of finding food and Eira almost died. Thankfully, she didn't starve, and Zev and I got all of the pups to the rendezvous point. That eagle wouldn't give up though, so I yelled my battle cry and charged the thing. It took off, and I swear, Ashlynn loomed pleased. I Sure was. Finally, my pack howled, and the whole thing was done. Ashlynn, Zev, Eira, Renn, Sita, and Colt all made it, and this is officially my longest post ever. :)

Edit
Desoto343 wrote:This is the family I completed last week.

Shadow, Lyssa, Raksha, Olcan, Lupe and Minsi, who lived at Saddle Meadows. for this journey we travelled along the river until we reached the sandbar crossing, and were bombarded with three coyotes one after the other near the crossing. Luckily I managed to find a carcass that was helpfully placed by the river before I died. This journey was very unremarkable.

Question: Do you like to kill a few pups off before you start? If you lose a pup on the journey do you move on or do you reload? I recently developed a strict policy whereby I have a commitment to making sure every pup I ever have makes it to the summer den.

I currently only have to complete the Aspen Heights den with four pups still in tact. My wolf Luna and her mate Lupus and their four pups (same names as above) are currently half way there, but this den takes an extremely long time to complete due to its distance from the summer den. Aspen Heights is my favourite den I think.
LOVE the names for your pack wolves
Last edited by valkea on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding info from double post
Будь бесстрашным храбрым и хитрым

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:06 pm

Please do not double post, SinnedAshes. If you have something to add, edit your previous post instead.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Davidlc
Pup
Pup

Post by Davidlc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:34 pm

I finally beat Wolfquest today, it was so hard. It started out good, then a little bit past midway there, a bear spawned right in front of me, i was like holy crap, then my mate picked up the pup he was after, and i was like thank god. My wolves were

Wolfpro [Me]
Wind [My mate]
Dusk [The white albino pup]
Rain [The lightest one, but the most disobedient]
Timber [The heaviest and my favorite one]
Snow [The one that almost died]

I was 3/4 way there when i put Rain down, then i went for Snow, then the bear went behind me once i picked up Snow and killed Rain. I was so angry that I put Snow down and attacked the bear, regenerated my health, repeated, until the bear died. It took 15minutes and I didnt die. When I was maybe 50 meters from the rendezvous zone, a coyote randomly spawned and kill Dusk, which made me cry (litterally) and I put Snow down and killed the coyote. Then my mate, actually picked up Timber and put him in the rendezvous area while my pup was there, and I won. It was soo hard. I am glad I finally beat Wolfquest! :D
DLCboy

WQlf
Pup
Pup

Post by WQlf » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:10 pm

I haven't played WolfQuest singleplayer in years! I don't remember what I called my pups/how successful I was on the journey/etc, but I do know that I was at the common Tree Root den (forgot the name). I'd play singleplayer again but I'm waiting until 2.7 comes out so it will be more fun when I do. When I do play it again i'll be sure to share it here, though! :)

Dragonbot
Pup
Pup

Post by Dragonbot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:29 pm

I could never complete that last bit. To hard

Tip for keeping your pups alive: Save the game a lot! Lets say you had four pups, Oak Maple Tadpole and Amber. Then a bear, coyote, or something else comes. The message "your pup Tadpole has died" comes up on the screen. You can just load the last save and Tadpole is alive again! This worked for me, and i hope it works for you.
What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”