How has WQ affected you?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

ConcreteMoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

How has WQ affected you?

Post by ConcreteMoon » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:37 am

Here are some good things I've heard about WolfQuest:
1.) It teaches
2.) It's a great way to make friends
3.) It's super fun

Here are some bad things I've heard about WolfQuest
1.) It's incredibley addicting
2.) The chat doesn't let you use a lot of daily words
3.) It's really glitchy

I have made many great friends on this game, but I have to admit: It does glitch a lot. Whenever I hunt or someone else in my pack hunts, I crash...

Post here if you are having the same problems or have things to add.
Last edited by valkea on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with "WolfQuest & You - How has this project affected -you-?", changed thread title
DRUNK ON LIFE

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Re: WolfQuest changing lives?

Post by Gargantor » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:26 am

Hello ConcreteMoon!

Well, yes there are a few problems, but some have good explanation.

For the glitches:
Current Multiplayer Problems:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33646
Here you can read about the current problems MP has that affects everyone. And you can post your own problems.
If thats another glitch, a new one, then report it here:

What do i do if i find a bug or glitch? (WQ FAQ)
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34802

For the words:
Chat Lexicon:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2445
Here you can always suggest words to be put in.

Chat box good or bad:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25359
Here you can see what steps will be taken against chat box abusers

Chat lexicon FAQ
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=44
Here you can see why words are taken out.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Howleen
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Kodex

Post by Howleen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:46 am

WolfQuest HAS changed me. I'm not anymore so annoying and i don't act like one year old. I've made so many friends here. WolfQuest has made me laught and cry. I can't imagine me without WQ. O___O
New account @ Kodex.

ConcreteMoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ConcreteMoon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:48 pm

I am now more protective of my family and friends, I'm more competetive, I've started to actually listen to people instead of stinking selective hearing... Wq has tought me the impotance of friendship :)
DRUNK ON LIFE

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Glitches are horrible and annoying, but I've had some amazing times on WQ.I registered on my birthday and I remember and laugh now, I was scared of Bob o.o me and Ravenpaw were bored one night, my dad's computer was out, and she kept eying it.Finally, she dragged me over and we started the download, going outside to do some last-minute boogi board cleaning before the beach the next day.We got back and it was finished, I started a new game, and boom.
You walk like a storm, and I will follow.

Chiu
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Chiu » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:57 am

WolfQuest has changed me....
Before i didnt really care about wolves but now i like them pretty much, im also listening much more to people and im less shy.
Chiu Calernathiller. ❤

ConcreteMoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ConcreteMoon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:38 pm

ZippyWizard wrote:Glitches are horrible and annoying, but I've had some amazing times on WQ.I registered on my birthday and I remember and laugh now, I was scared of Bob o.o me and Ravenpaw were bored one night, my dad's computer was out, and she kept eying it.Finally, she dragged me over and we started the download, going outside to do some last-minute boogi board cleaning before the beach the next day.We got back and it was finished, I started a new game, and boom.

Haha, I was convinced I could kill bob, but he POOFED :shock:
DRUNK ON LIFE

Taurus-
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Taurus- » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Yeah WolfQuest has changed me a little bit, I guess. When I started out, I was really really nerdy, and now I'm actually kind a popular, so I don't know if that was simply maturing, or if it had to do with WolfQuest, but I used to have another account here but that's getting deleted now since I quit WolfQuest for a while but now I'm back! :)
"Maybe this is wishful thinking, probably mindless dreaming,
if we ever loved again I swear I'd love you right,
I'd go back in time and change it but I can't"
--Taylor Swift, "Back To December"

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

WolfQuest & You - How has this project affected -you-?

Post by Rikkuzilla » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Educational projects can sometimes be somewhat of a turn off for some people---and sure we've had some people gripe about the project....but overall we have been fortunate to have attracted a very loyal fan base. :]

So, how has the WolfQuest project affected you? What are some positive experiences in the game, website, and community that you've encountered as WQ player, fan, or community member?

(Examples: Has it helped you learn more about wolves, develop new friendships, a chance to connect fellow art enthusiasts....or perhaps a chance to take a leadership role, etc. --- just a few ideas to better clarify)
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

NavyWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest & You - How has this project affected -you-?

Post by NavyWolf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm 13, and I really appreciate WolfQuest. I have always loved wolves and learning about them, but most of the books I read were about or were based on information from captive wolf packs. It was wonderful to learn about how a wild wolf pack functioned, and in turn WolfQuest led me to do even more research to see if the game was accurate. Besides that, it has sparked an interest in my younger siblings, and I'm proud to say my three-year-old sister even knows and recognizes "Buh-ehk" and "Caw-ehk"! Thank you for creating such an inspiring, fun, educational game about wolves. It's good for others to see wolves as something more than the stereotypical "big bad wolf" who enjoys inflicting pain and sorrow on others. (Of course, most of the users on the Internet feel the same way I do. :P ) Thanks!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Wall of blue text ftw?

The game itself hasn't really affected me, I learned a few things but I had already known many things about wolves that are taught on WQ from books and other things. The educational part definitely didn't turn me off of the game when I first heard about it, though. I imagine a lot of people actually play WQ because it's educational.

The forums on the other hand, despite the slowness, I do enjoy. I've made a few friends, spread my insanity, and it does give me another place to read news about animals other than wolves, plus I do enjoy some of the discussions that go on even if I don't participate in them, though a lot of people are going to say that. After three years it has gotten a little old, but I don't see leaving anytime soon even if I don't play the game often.

I did enjoy reading the "About Wolves" pages on the website, I still do actually. And some of the wolf pictures are very nice, though I don't really look at those anymore seeing as there aren't any new ones being added, as far as I know of.

..Anyway, game taught me a few things, About Wolves pages taught me things, forums I've enjoyed since I joined, all three have increased my love for wolves. I hope the project will continue on, it really is a great thing for people(children and adults) to learn more about wolves. I'm going to stop talking now so I don't go on forever saying the same things.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 pm

WolfQuest, I'm sure has taught everyone more about wolves and the wild.
The game itself has helped me visualize how wolves would percieve the wild and how they act naturally and instinctively around it.
The forum has done a lot for me. First of all, the WildLife and Canids section has helped educate me about the wonders of life and how we should treat it.

So thanks for being such a fun yet educational tool!
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Frost46
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Frost46 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

WolfQuest, really, is amazing.
It has helped me grow closer to wolves and nature in general.
I know so much about wolves now then I did before this game!
The forums have also helped me grow closer to other people who love wolves just as much as I do.
Thank you, WolfQuest! :)
*~.~*♪Frost46♫*~.~*
☼Proud WQ Community Member☼
These are the things that make me unique

Avvie © Zethra
Siggie © Me

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:32 pm

A friend of mine first told me about WolfQuest(a game they found on the internet named "WolfQuest" where you could play as a wolf) because I was(and still am) really interested in wolves. So, I checked the game out on Youtube - and watched a few video which brought me to think "Hey this looks interesting!" So I downloaded the game not really caring about it being educational. Though, I did think that aspect would add a lot of fun and uniqueness to the game as I have seen not many educational games around this type of subject - or as fun.
I got addicted to the game really fast, and spend a lot of time on mutlipul games(this was before slough creek) then I heard of slough creek's release - got excited about having an actual 'pack'.

Though eventually, I kinda wanted to explore Multiplayer - so around a year after playing the game I joined the forums. Then, after taking a look around the community and lurking for a bit I decided to make an introduction and join a few packs aswell.

So, another year past and I started to lurk out of pack central and move onto other areas of the forum. I also got more experamental with the game since I'd be able to complete the first mission of amathyst moutnain in one hour(explorations :D).

With that WolfQuest has also taught me a hole bunch about wolves, how the communicate ect. and it's also become very interesting being able to talk to people who also like wolves.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:47 pm

WolfQuest has allowed me to develop a whole new kind of love for wolves. Before finding out about the game/forum, I mainly only had an interest in wolves for their appearance, but after playing the games and browsing on the forums, I've come to learn about how fascinating and incredible these animals truly are. Now, I appreciate wolves for what they are, and not just for what they look like.

Because of WolfQuest, I now know much more about the wolf that I ever thought I would, and not only that, but I continue to learn new things about them every day while spending times on the forums. Therefore, I thank the WolfQuest staff for making this project possible, and I hope that it will continue to have a positive effect on others just the same as it has for me.
This account is no longer active.

New account: Sheeba Wolf

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”