Which animal is the most fun to hunt?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Which animal is the most fun to hunt?

Post by Koa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 am

Merged with another thread, so there might be some posts that seem a tad out of place here; I'm just trying to cut down on smaller hunting topics unless they're warranted.

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 pm

My favorite animal to hunt is the bull moose, so long as I don't die in the process. :lol: I typically do it in multiplayer where it's easier and try to avoid moose in singleplayer, though.

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:32 am

out of the predators? grizzlies and cougars. when a cougar runs they're pretty fast so it's a tough time taking them down, unless they're at a carcass.

out of the herbivores? moose. it's fun going after bulls in AM and LR, though in SC i don't really bother anymore since the exp gainz are so low lol. cow moose, however, i will go for pretty much any time. i've caught a couple of cow moose in SP before actually (having had elk already caught from when i was setting up my territory and making sure i have easy food for the pups made it easier) but i wouldn't go after a bull in SP lol
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Post by Loach » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:31 am

Elk. Bull Elk. I like destroying entire herds and trying to get all the bodies to be within the same general area of each other, so I can try for moose.
DeviantArt
returning member from ancient times

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:35 pm

Gonna have to say moose as far as 2.7 goes, simply because of the behavior of the elk.

Most of the herd standing their ground and only two or three fleeing because of their lower health never made much sense to me, and in fact I think it detracts from the experience a bit compared to earlier versions, and makes them just a little too easy to hunt.

And when I say moose, it's not much better with them either, because everyone knows the trick to break them and hunt them with the lowest amount of risk. I don't really enjoy the hunting in 2.7 too much, to be honest, but it's a good way to kill some time.

alebrije
Yearling
Yearling

Post by alebrije » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:15 am

I enjoy chasing hares the most, but a chase from a coyote always warrants enjoyment. I like seeing how fast my wolf can go, and something smaller is always easily for me. My wolf takes hits from big-game prey and will die before any serious damage can be done.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm

i love hunting cougers! their fun to fight, it will be even more fun when wolfquest 3.0 comes out because of the new biting systems!
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:52 pm

For singleplayer, the calf at the cattle ranch is probably my favorite to "hunt" if you could call it that. I like seeing how long I can stay at the ranch after killing it without getting shot. However, I usually play in multiplayer, and I have a lot of fun hunting moose in MP games. I like to hunt them on the Lost River map to get more experience from them. It's challenging, but that's what makes it fun. :)

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”