Things about AM we may never know. (The New AM club is open

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Do you agree with me?

Yes. So much that it's like we're twins. I HEART AMETHYST MOUNTAIN!!!
31%
Sure, I go on Amethyst Mountain time to time. Poor map.
58%
I don't care.
6%
Nah, I don't really like to explore things.
1%
NO!!! I HATE AMETHYST MOUNTAIN!!! SLOUGH CREEK! SLOUGH CREEK!
4%

Total votes: 192

RabidLynx

Things about AM we may never know. (The New AM club is open

Post by RabidLynx » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:27 pm

I don't know about you guys, but i always think of Amethyst mountain as a mysterious place. It was a very fun place before Slough Creek came out, and when Slough Creek came out- Amethyst Mountain became a deserted, mysterious place.

No one goes goes on that place anymore. When i go on multi player, Slough Creek is stuffed with chats, while Amethyst Mountain has only one or zero chats.

Amethyst Mountain is a fun place to go, i always think. It's like exploring a ghost town, looking for things that no one found back in the days of Amethyst Mountain. But i always find stuff such as logs and dead trees and steep cliffs and everything. Things that people used to play with back in that day. Now, i didn't know a thing about wolf quest when this was happening. When i first found out about Wolf quest, the current version was out. But i could tell that before Slough Creek, the days of Amethyst Mountain were really fun. So i explore Amethyst Mountain a lot.
Maybe, maybe there are things that we may never know about Amethyst Mountain. We pass it whenever we go to the poor deserted place. There can be more water than just two ponds, waterfalls and valleys. There can actually be green grass somewhere around the map. Human impacts and dens.

Sometimes i wish i could find things like this in the deserted Amethyst Mountain, my favorite place on Wolfquest. Sometimes i think that there could be things that the wolfquest team hid in the ghost map that we may never find...

The Amethyst Mountain Club

Welcome to the Amethyst Mountain Club. Here we will help AM(Amethyst Mountain) become popular again. Wanna join? Please read everything before joining.

About us

Like said above, here in the Amethyst Mountain Club, we have events,meetings, and activities to help bring AM popular again. You don't have to be a member of the club to post on this topic, but you do have to be one to participate in the club's activities. Some of the things we will do will be in game, in Amethyst Mountain, so there will be more than one chat for the events. That is why, if you have a job, you are important and you have to help the Amethyst Mountain Club to succeed.

Our Jobs

Some of us will have jobs in the club. You cannot change your job unless there is a Job Switching Time(see Job Switching Times section). There are three jobs you might get:

LUPUS: If you are a Lupus, your job is to make the chats. If there is a meeting, it will be in- game, and all the Lupuses must make a chat and have four members go in each chat. If there are not enough Lupuses, the Canises will fix the problem.

CANIS: If you are a Canis, your job is to gather info from activities/meetings. You will join one chat and copy what each person says. Your info will be shared with everyone in the topic.

RED WOLF: If a Lupus or Canis can't come to a meeting or event in- game, the Red Wolves are their back-up wolves. They do both jobs and although they will not do their job often they are still important wolves. There must be at least 5 wolves.

If you are assigned for one of these jobs, you will be sent a PM explaining how to do your job and tips on how to make it more easier. Anyone else who is not assigned for a job will just be known as a "member", with no job.

Job Switching Times

There must be an equal amount of Canises and Lupuses. If not the club will fail. And, there will be times where there is an unequal amount of the two. That will be known as a Job Switching Time. Here I will pick members to quit their jobs and go to the other team until there is an equal amount. For example, let's say there was 4 Canisus and 6 Lupuses. I will move one Lupus from his or her team and will become a Canis. Now there is 5 Lupuses and 5 Canisus.

There will also be a time where there is not enough Red Wolves. I might move some Canisis and/or Lupuses into the Red Wolf team until there is at least five. If there is not enough we will advertise for people to join and become a member.

Joining and leaving the club

I think by now you want to join. Good! We are always welcome to new members. Just fill our the form below and PM it to me:

Username:
Why you want to join:
Job you want(if you don't want one leave this blank):
Any important information we need to know:

If you feel you don't like the club anymore, or maybe you've been in here long enough, you are free to quit. Just fill out this form and PM it to me:

Username:
Your Job if you had one(if not leave this blank):
Why you want to quit:

If you've quit and you want to come back, PM me saying you want to join again and fill out the form where you want to join.

NEW NEWS

Feb 16: Welcome, rosha11,KatetheWolf11, and Dorano1!
Feb 15: Congrats Amethyst Mountain Club! It has opened today.

MEMBERS:

LUPUSUS:
Dorano1

CANISES:
None.

RED WOLVES:
rosha11
KatetheWolf11

There is a meeting Tonight at 7:00 PM Central Time! To calculate what the time would be for you, use this site:

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
Last edited by RabidLynx on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:19 am, edited 8 times in total.

Miyaoka

Re: Things about Amethyst Mountain we may never know...

Post by Miyaoka » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:37 pm

I don't play AM anymore because I got the game a full year before Episode 2 came out. I've spent so much time there that I'm a bit sick of it. However, I don't think it's a bad map. In fact, once Ep. 2.5 comes out, I may start playing on AM again just to see how it looks with different weather!

Patience
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Patience » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:41 pm

i love AM but it would be awesome if it had a bit more water... hey have you heard of the moon tree there? it's pretty neat. and i have seen so many tar pits. it's cool to explore and in my opinion it's bigger than SC and it has so much thing to explore there! i agree it is like exploring a ghost town
I'm animating a movie/series called Storm Howl!

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Patience wrote:i love AM but it would be awesome if it had a bit more water... hey have you heard of the moon tree there? it's pretty neat. and i have seen so many tar pits. it's cool to explore and in my opinion it's bigger than SC and it has so much thing to explore there! i agree it is like exploring a ghost town
Tar pits? Where did you see those?
#SwiftAsTheCoursingRiver
--{Arise} and be
_______-all that you dreamed
_______________all that you dreamed...

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Patience wrote:i love AM but it would be awesome if it had a bit more water... hey have you heard of the moon tree there? it's pretty neat. and i have seen so many tar pits. it's cool to explore and in my opinion it's bigger than SC and it has so much thing to explore there! i agree it is like exploring a ghost town
Tar pits? and yeah i have heard of Moon tree. I love that place like i first found it( but i didn't,) and i love to roleplay near there.

Ahh... Amethyst Mountain is so beautiful.... :)

EDIT: I agree with the weather thing. I have had dreams at night watching my wolf silver just run on a hill, that hill where the two ponds are and crickets in the background and the moon up high. I dreamed about her, running though the night and the night wind. At times, when i woke up, I ran to the computer to see if the release date has been decided yet, or if it alreaady had come out :mrgreen: But sadly, 2.5 seems to be nowhere in sight of being realeased :( :cry: :(

Patience
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Patience » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:41 pm

yeah! tar pits!!! have you not seen them? they are big black puddles.... i think it's tar... unless it's just very black water

yeah! i can't wait till the weather comes out! that would be great! i love the rain!

edit: i saw the tar pits around the mountains edge um around the dead tree and i think high ridge.

Edit: hmm.... they aren't black.... it must have been a glitch or something.... sorry my bad :( gosh i thought there was really tar pits. sorry
I'm animating a movie/series called Storm Howl!

Sky Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: Soaring across the skies on my epic whale. Wanna come...? o.0

Post by Sky Eclipse » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:48 am

Well this may sound a bit weird to others, but I actually like Amethyst Mountain more than Slough Creek. (by a little... xD)

On multiplayer, I'm always on Amethyst Mountain. I love going there. I started playing WQ last year (before SC came out) and I never explored that much. Until now, I've almost, stopped playing SC and I've been exploring the whole AM map, sometimes with a good friend of mine. We find all these nice places, like hills and steep cliffs, little trails, special clumps of trees... It's really fun. :3 I remember we found this cool little trail thing on the side of a cliff...

I haven't really found much special things in AM, but I have found several cliffs, hill areas that are kinda fun to run to the top of xD, I actually realized how steep the actual Amethyst Mountain is in the AM map its like a huge hill that's so steep that the camera kinda rolls when you run down. Funfun that is. :3

Though I go to SC from time to time... I spend equal time on both places when I go on Single Player, but on multiplayer I almost never go on SC. I know its more likely that people come to my chats if I make them on SC, but I prefer AM anyway.

In short; AM is a fun place to be, and there are several things you can do there and explore that aren't in SC. :3 And I also agree with Patience; The AM map seems bigger than the SC map. It might just be that the SC map is "flat" around the center, while on the edges of the map its cliffy and hilly, so since you can see a lot from the center, I suppose that's why the AM maps seems a bit bigger. =3

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:07 pm

ah yes, the good old AM.
Most of the time im on SC, but sometimes i go and have a look on AM. How many people are there? Do i know them?
Sometimes i get curious and enter one.
Its a strange place for me now... Its like a new map :shock:
I didnt remember where you spawn once you enter, i had to explore everything again. Well, there were memories coming up, like my first started game, my first hunt, first wolf encounter, first sight of the bear, the first deaths :( ,Or the first MP chats i was in. How i met my friends there, etc.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Yeah, when it comes to Single Player I like going on AM more than SC. Though, I've been on SC more in multiplayer; I'm thinking that perhaps trying to go on AM again in MP and creating a random chat just to explore.

Though, I actually haven't explored some places of the map, I've still memorized the entire layout of the territories. The rest is still unexplored I suppose.

I've also heard of the moon tree before, and I've seen it. (being a big white birch tree in an open center in a forest of evergreen)

Personally; I find that SC's map is a bit bigger than Amethyst Mountain, probably due to the setup of the game map or the way Single Player goes. But in reality, if you go to the map screen (pressing 'm' on the keyboard) they are both the same size. The position of the map though is different; which also plays a size illusion on the eye.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:10 pm

I wonder how Amethyst Mountain would look like with rainbows and rain and night. Anyways, I'm glad most of you agree with me. Amethyst Mountain is a deserted ghost town, my favorite place. I wish it would become popular again, like back in the days.

Slough Creek is just too boring :|

occult

Post by occult » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:22 pm

AM is rather good... it's old and deserted now, but it's awesome! I hang out near the Moon Tree most often... since that is where my most treasured memories of multiplayer are. I always take my new mate every time to the Moon Tree before saving my game.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I x am x the x Revenant
Dressed well and decadent
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:16 pm

I don't really mind either map - it's based on preference, and in this respect AM is a little too... desert-like in appearance.
Slough Creek looks more habitable than Amethyst Mountain although since the release of Episode 2, it's like AM has since become a ghost town... erm, landscape. XD

You never know; people could easily flock back to the first episode's map as the game progresses. ;)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:10 am

nightangelwolf wrote:I don't really mind either map - it's based on preference, and in this respect AM is a little too... desert-like in appearance.
Slough Creek looks more habitable than Amethyst Mountain although since the release of Episode 2, it's like AM has since become a ghost town... erm, landscape. XD

You never know; people could easily flock back to the first episode's map as the game progresses. ;)
I agree. Amethyst Mountain is a bit too desert-like, although that's probably more of a effect of the fall-time storyline. Personally, Amethyst Mountain is more bland, in my opinion, especially in the forests as everything looks the same.
Slough Creek, however, just seems lush and pretty, and nothing really looks the same. You can explore for hours and find new places to roleplay in and such. But, AM does seem like more of a ghost town, especially now and with the fall-time storyline and music; it can be rather interesting to explore for new things (particularly in The Burn and Fossil Forest ^^), and I'm sure Weather and Time will make AM somewhat more interesting.
Also, I suspect one of the reasons that SC is more popular than AM (apart from it being newer and more lush) is that there are dens. People really like roleplaying that they have dens for some reason; plus, the game world seems more open and pretty, and makes players feel like they have lots of space to run about and have their own areas to do their own thing.
I don't really like the idea of either game world being deserted, or one being more popular than the other; my preferred scene would be both maps being equally populated, with a game for everyone on both. Hopefully as time goes on, players will spread out, back to their original times, and maybe this wish could be fulfilled. However, if a new map is created (hopefully), both SC and AM may be left out alike. Although a new map to play in would be great, not being able to play many Open Games on AM or SC would be rather a disappointment for a while.
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Dostluk
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Dostluk » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:42 am

I really don't spend much time in SC... I like to be on MP in there, but I like much more to be on AM, having adventures with my mate without pups. :D
DOSTLUK/DAPHNE
♒❂⊰The S℮asonal Track℮rs ℙack⊱❂♒
You art thiefs get away >> Yes, get away or my dog gonna eat chu

my3cubs
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by my3cubs » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:48 pm

I love going to AM. No one ever goes there, its nice, peaceful, quiet, etc(and the only place where the moon tree is). I really thought that a month or so after SC came out people would go on both, and that there would be about the same amount of chats on each... sadly i was wrong :cry:
Earth
Fire
Water
Wind
Storm

Elements Pack

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1504504

please join the Elements Pack. AllMyWolfs(my daughter) is the only member

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”