The BEST thing your mate on wolfquest has done

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

xc92u3

Re: The BEST thing your mate on wolfquest has done

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Taking the pups for a magic walk
The pups were starving, there was no food, I couldn't walk away to hunt because it was the journey...
So the mate took one of the pups, started walking towards the left of the rendezvous site, and then that pup's hunger miraculously regenerated XD
Then the mate left the pup there and did it with the rest of the pups, except the very last one, who didn't hold out long enough. And then bringing them to rendezvous was super fast. Thank you, mate! I don't remember your name. <:O

xXWolfFangsXx
Pup
Pup
Name: Fang

Post by xXWolfFangsXx » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:50 pm

I think the BEST thing my mate has done was feeding the pups when I have to do something XD also helping me kill elk sometimes. :lol: :wink: :wolf:
Шøłṽεṧℜʊℓε

Somber_Requiem
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Requiem

Post by Somber_Requiem » Sat May 25, 2019 11:57 am

My mate actually does nothing not even defend the pups or feed them just kinda is really lazy.
“If you’ve got time to point fingers, then how about using your head to figure out what you want to do about it?” – Karma Akabane

Edda She-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lychan, Juniper

Post by Edda She-Wolf » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:30 pm

My mate watches the pups when I'm gone, feeds the pups so I don't have to (literally this whole game I haven't gotten a chance to feed them) while travelling she carries all the pups over to where I wait. She knows not to mess with the pups in the river and that I'm the only one allowed to bring them across. She's the one who chases the coyotes and bears off surprisingly. And if I'm the one doing the chasing, she won't follow me with the pups. She just watches while I die.
she's the best mate I've had in the whole game
:flower: "There are those who would rather wallow in hate and self pity,
than forgive and watch the flowers bloom." ~Edda She-Wolf :flower:

Kingsparrow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kingsparrow » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:00 pm

The best thing my mates have done in WQ was simply keep all of our pups alive. Alive and partially fed. Most if not all of them have managed to pull through at the very last moment and feed the pups when they’re on the brink of death.

There are moments, however, that drive me up the wall when I’m dealing with them though. Such as: Dropping the pup in the middle of a river, having no sense of urgency when going to feed while are pups slowly die, running towards me while I fend off a predator with a pup in hand, going off to get more food and not coming back because they got stuck somewhere, the list goes on.

The one memorable moment when one of my mates shines through is when they were able to miraculously feed all four of our pups while we slowly inched our way towards the rendezvous site (on the hardest difficulty) without a single carcass in sight, is certainly one of them. I don’t know where she was able to find the food, but I’m not complaining. Keep those ravenous pups alive and I’ll be happy.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:23 am

The best thing he did was to feed the puppies while we went to the rendezvous site. I was able to watch the pups while he was looking for food while I scared the eagles away.

TimberWolf0450
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TimberWolf0450 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:37 pm

The best thing my mate has done in WolfQuest (2.7) would be either feeding all four pups during the journey, or carrying all four of the pups across the river.
<<<< Wolves are important predators >>>>
<<<< Wolves are not our enemies >>>>

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:33 am

One of the best things my mate has done was glitch out so badly that I decided to make a YouTube video about it. Thanks, Anomaly, (his name was LITERALLY Anomaly! His destiny was written! XD) for helping me create scarce content that I have run short of!
Another great thing he did was accidentally fall off a cliff, and then didn't die.

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:23 pm

On Wolfquest AE, once I went up the watching tower in Lost River (I think it's called Hilltop), and my mate couldn't follow me so he just slept under the tower and waited there until I got down. :P
(gotta test that on 2.7. XD)

Also, on Wolfquest 2.7, If I waited long enough at the other side of the river my mate would carry all the pups to where I was and not lose a single one...even on "Challenging".
╔.. .═════════════╗

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖏𝖆𝖜𝖘.
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜."

~ Unknown.

╚═════════════. ..╝

AStrangerOnline
Pup
Pup
Name: Mochi

Post by AStrangerOnline » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:16 am

Maybe the smartest thing in AE that my mate has done is actually leave a grizzly alone, or not go flying from the cliff-

In 2.7, they were all not that smart, but one was decent. It was when my pups were starving on the way towards the rendezvous site, and he ran all the way across the map to a carcass and then ran back. He only fed one pup, but it's the thought that counts, haha

ShadeLurking
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ShadeLurking » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:23 pm

She will howl for me to check in when im off hunting or saving territory. She loves to see my with the pups and sometimes gets playful with them too. She got better as they got older but in the beginning it was rather tough as shes not a too committed hunter she would bite and join me but never do it on her own and sometimes she would run ahead and grab it but that was rare.

Kitsuhime
Pup
Pup
Name: Asuna, Kitsu

Post by Kitsuhime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:57 am

2.7: Most of my mates kept the pup well fed and when predators targeted one of them, they distracted the pup while I was protecting them. Also I was really amazed when they carried the pups without drowning them, and waited for my hunt to be done.

WQ3: some of my mates would get lazy after SC, but they still ferociously protected the pups and found lost pups.

My most memorable moment however, was with a classic white (light gray! XD) wolf named Kisei, two coyotes attacked our den while pups were still outside. I urged them to get in the den and some of them were at the entrance. One of the coyotes proceeded to run toward one of our pups and was very close while I was dealing with another, I remember running there frantically, then Kisei grabbed the coyote's throat and didn't let it go until the pup was inside. We killed him together while his partner was contemplating going in or not. It was really scary, and my pup wouldn't be alive if not for Kisei's strong reaction. Long live Kisei, I don't want to age him!

_Furia_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by _Furia_ » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:05 pm

Did my first playthrough recently on Ironwolf and the one thing my mate did that actually helped my game, was retrieve pups before they wandered too far and if a pup ever got lost, he would find it and bring it back. That is some clever ai right there. I've played too many games where your friendly ai's would do nothing while you did all the work. This game can be different if you pick the right companion. Lamar (from the Lamar Valley pack :roll: , original name, I know) will assist in every way: will chase off any predators and assist hunting anything I hunt. If I sit by the den he will wander to hunt. If I leave him by the den he will watch them till I come back, even when he is starved.
I recently started another playthrough and I can tell the ai companion I picked is not an equal. I cannot wait for the next dlc so I can continue to grow She-Wolf and Lamar's pack !!

Mikaylawolf2
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Mikayla

Post by Mikaylawolf2 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:51 pm

My mate helped me stop the predator from killing my pups he’s four diversity wolf and have six pups. :D
Playing WolfQuest for 4 and half years

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”