Beng able to delete your own topic, good or bad?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Do you think users sould be able to delete there on topic if they want to?

yes
61%
no
27%
no oppinion
12%

Total votes: 33

Aime
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Laying on my bed with my laptop on my lap, posting on the WQ Forums.

Re: Beng able to delete your own topic, good or bad?

Post by Aime » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:16 am

I once was about to completely delete or edit my topic on a different forum (Because there was the same topic somewhere else) but mods and other members were like stalking me or something and posted on it quickly and edited/locked the topic. I was sooo embarrassed XD.

To answer your question, I am not all that sure. If you could delete it there would be lots of problems, but to remove your "full of errors"/stupid/etc topic before anyone sees it (hopefully) would be awesome and would save you from embarrassment :P. But if you are unable to delete your topic, you are gonna get embarrassed, the mod will lock it, and your gonna be more embarrassed because the topic is still sitting there for everyone to see.

Yeah... theres probably more reasons and stuff but I'm too tired to think xD. Theres probably gonna be people who don't get embarrassed so... ugh. No more thinking for Bunny =P.
   Bunny
   ~~~~
We have doomed the Wolf not for what it is, but for what we have deliberately and mistakenly perceived it to be..the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer..which is, in reality no more than a reflexed images of ourself.
   ~~~~

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:49 am

If you are embarrassed, you can request it to be 'deleted' (we move it to the Trash.) by 'reporting' the first post of your topic. (Click the '!' symbol.) That way, it will seem like it's deleted to everybody except the moderators and admins.

We don't want anybody feeling uncomfortable here.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:45 pm

I think you should think before posting a topic.You need to think if it's appropriate and fun for others.If not but you still post it ask a moderator to lock or delete it.
In the cold breeze that I walk along
The memories haunt me
Been forever since I cried the pain and sorrow
I live and die,proud of my people gaining

I'm standing at the edge
starin up at where the moon should be
Until my soul starts howling
Stray!

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:15 pm

There are a lot of people who do that, as for double topics that's usually what people use the search feature for. To make sure there isn't a topic already made, and if there just happens to be one then they could ask a mod to lock/delete the topic.

It's also the same thing for if they double post by accident, or accidentally make two of the same topic. They could ask a mod to delete the second error topic.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

wolfie 202
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfie 202 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:21 am

I, personally think that it would do good do let people delete thier own topics, as it would help the forum not get cluttered and messy and make browsing a little easier, but, as everyone said, there would be no order so im kinda 50-50 on this. thats just my opinion though :)
Experience is
A name one
gives to
his
mistakes
(Oscar Wilde)

Technoz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Technoz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:40 am

I think having the option to delete your post is......Cool
Ooooo! Look! a Link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYR ... re=related

~Tech

Avvie(c)Me

Shadow Mint Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shadow Mint Wolf » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Technoz wrote:I think having the option to delete your post is......Cool
I know right?

April

Post by April » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:15 pm

The only issue with that is that people would abuse the right to delete their topics just like they abuse all their rights with anything. They could keep creating posts and then delete them before anybody knows and gain posts that way.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

DeFender
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DeFender » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Many times, lots of people, even me, make posts on accident not realizing that it is considered locked. So to not take up a huge space in the community site, I would say, yes. Maybe a mod needs to approve it or something?
Last edited by DeFender on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep is very important. Without it, we can't think straight. If you think you're normal without any sleep, be careful.

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:22 pm

April wrote:The only issue with that is that people would abuse the right to delete their topics just like they abuse all their rights with anything. They could keep creating posts and then delete them before anybody knows and gain posts that way.
Exactly.
Also,people could make spam boards and delete them once they've irritated enough people.
#SwiftAsTheCoursingRiver
--{Arise} and be
_______-all that you dreamed
_______________all that you dreamed...

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 am

DarkWolfGirl54 wrote:
April wrote:The only issue with that is that people would abuse the right to delete their topics just like they abuse all their rights with anything. They could keep creating posts and then delete them before anybody knows and gain posts that way.
Exactly.
Also,people could make spam boards and delete them once they've irritated enough people.
I don't think that people can gain posts after they delete a post. Due to the fact that the post was perminatly deleted, and not moved to another forum. (aka how the mods move posts to the trash)

But, people would abuse it more in the way of covering up something inappropriate. Such as; saying something inappropriate and then deleting it if it was reported ect. Same with topics.
Also, you could always PM a moderator if you want one of your posts 'deleted'(with a good reason in the PM), considering SolitaryHowl's post:

SolitaryHowl wrote:If you are embarrassed, you can request it to be 'deleted' (we move it to the Trash.) by 'reporting' the first post of your topic. (Click the '!' symbol.) That way, it will seem like it's deleted to everybody except the moderators and admins.

............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Shadow Mint Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shadow Mint Wolf » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Zethra wrote:
DarkWolfGirl54 wrote:
Exactly.
I don't think that people can gain posts after they delete a post. Due to the fact that the post was perminatly deleted, and not moved to another forum. (aka how the mods move posts to the trash)

But, people would abuse it more in the way of covering up something inappropriate. Such as; saying something inappropriate and then deleting it if it was reported ect. Same with topics.
Also, you could always PM a moderator if you want one of your posts 'deleted'(with a good reason in the PM), considering SolitaryHowl's post:

SolitaryHowl wrote:If you are embarrassed, you can request it to be 'deleted' (we move it to the Trash.) by 'reporting' the first post of your topic. (Click the '!' symbol.) That way, it will seem like it's deleted to everybody except the moderators and admins.

Oh, now that i think about it that is very true, if people would just use it in the right way then it would be great!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”