Boring :P

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Storm Breaker
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Boring :P

Post by Storm Breaker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:39 am

I know that MP is technically not meant for RPing, but it really lends itself to doing just that. Like Sakuri I don't go for all the weird, magical stuff. I've learned a ton of stuff about wolves from this site and RPing for me is a chance to use what I've learned and really try to be as realistic a wolf as I can. I love it when others in a chat have that same mindset and we can really lose ourselves in the RP. It might seem boring if you take out the power plays and goofy stuff, but it's not. The variety of people bring different personalities to their wolves and you can never have the same game twice. Because of the basicness of it, it's a great platform for imagination, even when you keep it "real." I usually play in SC, but I've been trying to get to AM more for some variety. The map doesn't seem as interesting as SC, but there are some great features and the northern part of the map is really cool with it's cliffs and hills.
Some of my favorite people are action figures.

Realistic Wolf Roleplay
http://yellowstonewolfrp.wetpaint.com/

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:25 am

I am a lot like Storm Breaker in that sense. Though roleplay wasn't intended for WolfQuest, it is an engaging activity, and with it present (as well as packs) WolfQuest doesn't ever really get boring to me. As long as things are kept realistic and appropiate, roleplay is very exciting; I've found that many people would actually like to be wolves, and live their lives - realistic wolf roleplay is the best way to go here. I don't normally find boredom when roleplaying as such, and WQ doesn't become boring to me when I engage in such rich activities, because I have the power to make it more interesting. ^^
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Tricolour
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Successfully completing my role as a financial leech unto my parents.

Post by Tricolour » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 am

I'm terrible for games :S I generally go through stages on most. When I first get it, I will play it when ever I can, but then after a while. It does start to get boring for me. And I will either stop all together or just play it at random times, because there is nothing else to do. Mainly because of over-play, rather than it being boring X)

Then usually later on I will go back to playing the game a lot. Like a circle really. I can't really say that the game is boring, nor that it gets boring after a while. When you go on it; there is always something you can do.
- Play in Am,
-- Play in Sc,
--- Go into the different rooms in Mp.
But I suppose after a while it would loose its 'attraction' to some and they may run out of ideas on what to do on it.
-----------Tricolour-

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
--lυякєя ιη тнє ωσlƒqυєѕт ƒσяυм
---αη∂ σωηєя σƒ тяι¢'ѕ αναтαяѕ
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

mustanghorse
Pup
Pup

Post by mustanghorse » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes, I do agree that WQ sometimes can get so boring. Yeah now I have to look for really well passing the mission two times is more than enough. MP can be interesting, but now it is hard to find a good fun pack. I don'tT like to enter games with not so inviting titles, they are usually private saving spots and I have nothing against them. However, I do not like it when people dont want to make an interesting game or when a host just closes up because he is bored in the middle of a hunt. If they crash then they have a good excuse. But if they dont they get annoying.

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Shusuke wrote:WolfQuest wasn't exactly designed for roleplaying on MultiPlayer. It was brought upon the players themselves in regards to it. For those who would do things other than roleplay, like me, I would have plenty of things if I ran into people on MP who didn't like roleplay [tag, hide'n'seek with no nametags or map allowed to be used, I-spy, and other things]. It's just hard to find people with imagination.

I tend to avoid Multiplayer as well, and while it may be boring for me at times, I am hoping that Episode 2.5 with it's weather, time, and sit/lay down options available might bring life back to it. And I know it will. :3

Though sometimes I do go on Multiplayer just to watch members powerplay and try to kill each other, because that, in my opinion, is the funniest thing I've ever seen. xD
what she said XD. I get a little bored of wolfquest and latley haven't been playing it very much. But hopefully when weather, time and sit/laydown is put into wolfquest it will come back to life! XD. I don't usually play MP very much because of power playing and non realistic wolf roleplays and stuff. (I'm not that kind of person to love power plays in games like wolfquest)

It is also quite hard to type in something, but i understand that the chat has to be safe.
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:21 pm

WolfQuest isn't boring if you set your mind to it. To think about it, there isn't much 'education' games about Wolves anymore. So I always respect that fact that I know about the Game :wink:
Anywho, I set myself goals in the Multiplayer/Singleplayer. Therefor my mind is set on something interesting :3 Also, there are many controls to fiddle about with, I personaly don't like RPing, so maybe some imagination (besides RP) can make the Game more interesting too. I sometimes protend that I'm 'riding a Wolf', to do that I use the mouse scroll and make the Wolf really close to me, or sometimes watching the Wolf in a Heli-copter of some sort. x3 I'm just make it up as I go along really, so I can't garentee what I'll do next!
..../\/\/\/...........------- Who am I? -------
.........../..........I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!

............\/\/\/.....Avatar © Gingerwolff <3

xX_Fr0st-W0lf_Xx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by xX_Fr0st-W0lf_Xx » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Every game for me gets boring, but I do admit I got bored of WQ pretty fast, mostly because I can't stay intrested in a game that doesn't involving shooting.

I find the single player to be quite fun ( a little repetative) but very fast. For me unless the single player campaign make me cry for how epicly awsome it is i won't play it again for a while. I found the campagn to be quite well for free game. But I get swallowed by those market games which cost 60$ and forget about WQ :( .

As for the multiplayer I am for RP games. I love to RP in game ( never out of game).

but there are 2 problems ( not the games fault but just my taste)

1) I hate magic, never played with magic stuff never will. I see a lot of RP games with magic stuff which drives me away.

2) I don't know any other way to put this but i find WQ RP a little......................kidish. I don't feel like it is my age group, especially all the ties with family in the pack, like being a pup and having parents it just doesn't go with me. Aswell as having pups with a mate and such, I know it is what real wolves do and such its just very diffrent to the RPG im used to. I enjoy more real life RP where you can get a job be in a gang or be a cop, and muging someone in an ally to being the mayors personally guard to being a supplier to major crime organisation is far diffrent then finding a mate, having pups and hunting elks

I like what WQ has turn into with the fact that it is a free game and that it had limited funding, its a really good game but doesn't fit my tastes when it come to games
orly?

Eternala
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Eternala » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:07 pm

I agree with you. MP is extremely boring nowadays... But I'd reccomend playing tag, or elk herding. RP isn't fun anymore, with mating, humans, and powerplaying. And then you got your nasty people... But we shan't go into that.

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:33 pm

I kind of think it is. I enjoy a little rp and patrolling on MP mode on a once in a blue-moon basis, but I've pretty much abanoned SP. this is the sort of game you actually get sick of, and then you have nasty people, and people who almost anticipate you coming in-people are not always putting some form of mate in their titles, so you have to enter the game to even know they are mating. Also, people try to deny breaking the rules, or yell at you when you try to be nice and tell them about the rules. and then you get please leave and stuff. We really need a 2.5 with more additions then just the winning ideas(Cana, please get enough funding to do this.), a list of rules in-game, game mods, and possibly a phrased chat.

Echo564
Pup
Pup

Post by Echo564 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Its only bored because you have been playing for a long time i know that if you play a game for a long time it gets boring that is why i get one for a couple days then i stay off for a couple day and it seems like when you come back on its a brand new game you have never heard of. :)

EDIT:
BooboosPiggy wrote:I am a lot like Storm Breaker in that sense. Though roleplay wasn't intended for WolfQuest, it is an engaging activity, and with it present (as well as packs) WolfQuest doesn't ever really get boring to me. As long as things are kept realistic and appropiate, roleplay is very exciting; I've found that many people would actually like to be wolves, and live their lives - realistic wolf roleplay is the best way to go here. I don't normally find boredom when roleplaying as such, and WQ doesn't become boring to me when I engage in such rich activities, because I have the power to make it more interesting. ^^
I think its AWESOME i love talking to my friends when i cant talk to them outside its a fun engaging conversation i all was learn some thing new about wolves every time i play
Last edited by Masika on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding information from double post. Please be sure to try and avoid this, alright? Cheers!
(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=) (='.'=)
(")_(") (")_(")

Me and my boy.... guyfriend XD

Wicked_wolf
Pup
Pup

Post by Wicked_wolf » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:23 pm

It can be bored or funny, it depends of you...

You can try to do new things with your wolf and investigate all the WQ game!
xxxXXXxxx I'M A MASTER OF FRIGHT AND A DEMON OF DARK xxxXXXxxx

Nights of evil, filled with fear...
....Your worst dream, that's my idea of fun!
......................... Follow Jack...He'll take good care of you...

shadowwolf966
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shadowwolf966 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:16 pm

I find it more fun if you join or make a pack.

That way, there are members you can talk to, contests to do, and just more fun to go around. :)
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Shadow, proud to be a Tafuria of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../...........//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Siggie (c) Alpha Female

Thypaella
Pup
Pup

Post by Thypaella » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:57 pm

2.5 is going to be better for multi player do not worry
►KILL THE SOUND◄
˜*°.˜*°v°*˜.°*˜

˜*°.˜*°v°*˜.°*˜
" - !"

...........http://k-eesri.deviantart.com/

...............Keesha02

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:32 pm

cloudywolf wrote:
Shusuke wrote:WolfQuest wasn't exactly designed for roleplaying on MultiPlayer. It was brought upon the players themselves in regards to it. For those who would do things other than roleplay, like me, I would have plenty of things if I ran into people on MP who didn't like roleplay [tag, hide'n'seek with no nametags or map allowed to be used, I-spy, and other things]. It's just hard to find people with imagination.

I tend to avoid Multiplayer as well, and while it may be boring for me at times, I am hoping that Episode 2.5 with it's weather, time, and sit/lay down options available might bring life back to it. And I know it will. :3

Though sometimes I do go on Multiplayer just to watch members powerplay and try to kill each other, because that, in my opinion, is the funniest thing I've ever seen. xD
what she said XD. I get a little bored of wolfquest and latley haven't been playing it very much. But hopefully when weather, time and sit/laydown is put into wolfquest it will come back to life! XD. I don't usually play MP very much because of power playing and non realistic wolf roleplays and stuff. (I'm not that kind of person to love power plays in games like wolfquest)

It is also quite hard to type in something, but i understand that the chat has to be safe.
LOL :V Sisterhood of seeking entertainment...UNITE! |D

I solely go on MP for entertainment, lately, and to play with the girls I babysit in private games. o3o It keeps it safe for them and fun for me because I make them laugh just by typing in a word like...tree :U

Fun times for Shu-chan when she makes them laugh, yeas. But Powerplays still make my stomach hurt.

I normally play by myself though, so I'm normally on Single Player. :3 I've always been a bit of an introvert.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”