Is it Mob Mentality?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Asheek
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Is it Mob Mentality?

Post by Asheek » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 pm

oxoDestinyoxo wrote:
Asheek wrote:I've noticed that half of these people are n00bs and have little to no understanding of the basic rules and workings of WQ. I think their afraid and confused, going with whoever seems the most confident.
Haha, agreed, and I would know a n00b when I see one, it all goes back to the fact, its all about reputation these days.

EDIT: And sorry bout the misspelling
I hate it when stuff turns into giant pouplairty contests. I say to heck with rep, lol.
................................α s h є є k
.................קг๏ย๔ ๒єtค Ŧє๓คlє ๏Ŧ tђє รtคг lเﻮђt קคςк

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Asheek wrote:
oxoDestinyoxo wrote:
Asheek wrote:I've noticed that half of these people are n00bs and have little to no understanding of the basic rules and workings of WQ. I think their afraid and confused, going with whoever seems the most confident.
Haha, agreed, and I would know a n00b when I see one, it all goes back to the fact, its all about reputation these days.

EDIT: And sorry bout the misspelling
I hate it when stuff turns into giant pouplairty contests. I say to heck with rep, lol.

Yeah same here, but mainly because I've always been classified as a loner so I just screw it, it doesnt matter over the internet, they can classify themselves as Mary-stu/Gary-stu people, ones who think their perfect and that they must follow the leader who's also perfect. I find everything wrong with that kind of thinking.

Bigz23
Pup
Pup

Post by Bigz23 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:32 am

Asheek wrote:I think it is, From my experince they tend to go with the most assertive person in the game, even if it's not the host themselves. I always make the rule in my games: What I say goes, this is MY game and you wil abide by the rules of WQ and my rules or you can take a hike. Sounds rude but I got sick of people screaming at others to leave my games when I said they could stay :?
That's what I assume when I join a multiplayer game. I'm in that person's "house", as it were. Their house, their rules. I would strongly favor the addition of the ability of the host to kick an offensive player from the game to maintain peace.
Why do people have to fight? Why can't we just have fun? WQ should be a game in which a person can relax and learn about wolves, not fight!
Last edited by Masika on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding extra information from triple post.
Bigz23
Leader of the Screaming Eagles.

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:59 am

Its ok Bigz, I'll ask a mod to delete your extra posts.

Bigz23
Pup
Pup

Post by Bigz23 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks.
Bigz23
Leader of the Screaming Eagles.

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:09 am

Ok, we're gonna add a part to this discussion.

While we can still talk about the MP mob thing, let's talk about the forums.

I've seen hints of Mob Mentality in the community forums, mainly in General Wolf Discussion, where everyone has a different view on things.

There would be one person with one opinion, and say, 4 people with a different one. I've seen a little bit of Mob Mentality, not to the point of screaming, no, not even close, but I have seen reactions that made me think if the person thought they were getting gained up on.

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:00 am

this kind of thing is everywhere on everx forum... (though its worse on FH, or other forums where even the mods close/delete topics that arent for their liking..) i would say WQ is a good example for forum behavior. Its really tiny amount of ppl who are "trolls" compared to other forums.
Lets just be happy about this, shall we?
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”