"Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

FireEyes65
Pup
Pup

Re: "Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Post by FireEyes65 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:20 pm

I leave if they ask even if they say it rudely I will.To be honest I save spots too because I think its a little rude if your roll play buddy wants to come back and has to leave for a bug or just for a bit and then they can't come back in because some one refuses to leave or is in their place.So when a Roll Play buddy leaves I always save the persons spot,I just think its the right thing to do(my opinion). :mrgreen:
...(¨*.¸´.¸Soul Mountain Clan¸.´¸.*¨)ϟFireEyes
.....Soul Mountain Pack:SilverSky,BlackFur
............Frozen Lake Pack:IceBlade
........Lightning Fire Field Pack:FireEyes
.....Dark Shadow Forest Pack:NightHunter
...Great Northern Winds Pack:HawkFeathers
.Avatars DO NOTbelong to me!We did edit them to look like our wolves though.

Yoshifan95
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Yoshifan95 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:25 am

As one of the very first posts said, i am okay with the game being "GrassyCome" (i made that up, btw.) and GrassyWolf43 or whatever isnt there yet, then it seems very fair that a dedicated game should include the player it's dedicated to. I'm also okay with being asked in a nice way, because it can have a bad impact on the game if something happened like it did to me: The first multiplayer game i played, i was told to "go away" and "leave" and things like that, without even saying why, and i asked, and then they went into supertroll. "GET OUT OF HERE NOW NUB" and "BEAT IT" and "HIT THE ROAD". It made me think "this is one seriously messed up online community" and then i went to the forums, and i realized it was just that those players were plain jerks. But i like to troll and stay if they start telling me what to do and threaten to report me, because you can get some pretty awesome reactions... :mrgreen: "BLAH GRR AHH GET AWAY FROM HERE BLAH" etc. as if it was a 9 year old under that commando nickname. xD
-wolf rain-

Skroh1493
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Skroh1493 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm sorry but that really gets on my nerves...open rooms are for everyone's use. I just started playing this yesterday and already I've had multiple occasions where people have asked me to leave a open game because they were '"saving". People shouldn't have to leave if they don't want to. Also it states in the user agreement that you can't allow "only specific people in open games". If you want only specific people, then GET A PRIVATE GAME! I understand that some people cant open private games....but oh well! If the admins could fix the problem where people can't start open and/or private games, that would be greatly appreciated!

ravenshadow31
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ravenshadow31 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 am

It's just really annoying when you just enter a chat and the people in that room are all like, "Leave now!" "saving spots, leave!" that just gets annoying. It's an open game, so anyone can join. I would just say, why are you saving? if they give me a good reason like their friend crashed, or their waiting for them. That's the only time I will ignore it and be alright, if your friend crashed thats fine. I get that most people can't join get private games, but it gets annoying when people in chat names (as said before) put "Jaycome" and jay is not there, and theres like three other there but not Jay. Your friends not gonna come, their not on the game every, day. So yea the only time Saving spots is ok is when they have a reason.

pitbull234
Pup
Pup

Post by pitbull234 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Well when i go on some one's chat and they say "saving please leave" i have no problem but when they yell at me and says " Get out im saving" i get mad and people need to ask nicely, Because i mean "saving" isnt allowed and if you ask nicely than its the person who is geting on choice. thats my opinion
─────── ʂiɭɛŋçɛɗ ───────
ահilε էհε հսოձռ ձяε ʂiɭɛŋçɛɗ
էհε թձƈĸ ƈձռ թεձĸ օսէ
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=71176
sig- savoury muffin

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Being as it happened in the first game I joined, I find it rude in most instances. But if the person is being polite and trying to reserve the spot for someone who crashed or momentarily left, I think it's okay. But private games are the better choice for people who tend to save spots or crash.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

WildStormWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WildStormWolf » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Like a lot of people I think as long as their being nice about it, I'll go along with it. But if their yelling at you to get out, I'll stay there(I'm very stubborn).
IT'S NOT WHETHER YOU FALL DOWN
IT'S WHETHER YOU GET BACK UP

koolkatkoolkat123
Pup
Pup

Post by koolkatkoolkat123 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:03 am

I don't understand why people do it, it says very clearly that it is against the rules in Open multiplayer so why not take it to Private. I've joined one that goes 'Can you please leave we're waiting for someone' (Slightly nicer way to say it, i've seen far worse) and i'm like well sorry but theres a reason its in the open section, if you want a rp where you control who actually rps in it then make a private one and then they whine saying that the Private section doesn't work so they have to do it in open

NoLimits
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NoLimits » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 pm

I'd have to say it depends on the situation.
In my opinion- Most of the time it's fine. Even in open games. Since the game has so many glitches (and Wolfquest can't fix them)
often, the only way to get out of the glitch is to reconnect to the game.
Now pretend we are in the middle of a role-play and the game crashes:
I'd like to have my spot back because as the RP goes on the "plot", if you will, develops and the game becomes more complex as information is added. I want to continue the plot of the game I may have spent hours developing. I also feel safer about getting my spot back when I know people know I am coming back and will try to keep my spot clear.

However, I hate being "commanded" to leave. For example : "Get out now, we are saving for someone."
I feel like they feel like i'm a troll, not a player who didn't know better.
But, when they can be nice about it, for example: " Hey, we are saving. Could you please find another game?"
Then I'm like "Oh, Okay. Have fun!" and I get out right away, because I know what it's like to feel like my spot is secure.

The only time, pretty much I'm not okay with it is when there are multiple spots and they still expect me to leave because of the one player they are saving for.
(Like only 2/5 in the game, 3/5 with me and they are saving for one player, which would make it 4/5 so there is plenty of space for me, and their just like "saving". I'm like "Yeah, there is still space for them to come back though."

I also want to point out to players who don't leave, or rudely command ( This is not at anyone in particular.)
What fun is it when no one wants you there?
I mean, yeah it's in agreement with the rules that you can stay, but there is more to being able to have fun than the legalistic side of things.
Like momma always told you:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Conclusion: Holding is fine as long as you are polite and it's the only way a previous player of that chat can reconnect.
Ḍöṇ'ṫ ḅḷїṇḳ.
~~~Ḍöṇ'ṫ ёvёṇ ḅḷїṇḳ.~~~
~Ḃḷїṇḳ ạṇḍ ỵöṳ'ṙё ḍёạḍ.~~
~~~~Ṫḥёỵ ạṙё ḟạṡṭ.~~~~

Ḟạṡṭёṛ ṭḧạṅ ỵöṳ ċạṅ ḅёḷїvё.
~~Ḍöṇ'ṫ ṫṳṙṇ ỵöṳṙ ḅạċḳ.~~
~~~Ḍöṇ'ṫ ḷööḳ ạẅạỵ.~~~
~~~ᾼṅḍ ḍöṇ'ṫ ḅḷїṇḳ.~~~~
~~~~~Ġööḍ ḷụċḳ.~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sithia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Sithia » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 am

Whenever I enter a multiplayer game, it is quite annoying when you are told to leave straight away. On the other hand, I understand how annoying it is when you are saving for someone, and a new person enters the game. I dont like to annoy others, so I just say Okay, and leave.

EDIT:
pitbull234 wrote:Well when i go on some one's chat and they say "saving please leave" i have no problem but when they yell at me and says " Get out im saving" i get mad and people need to ask nicely, Because i mean "saving" isnt allowed and if you ask nicely than its the person who is geting on choice. thats my opinion
I actually completely agree with you. It isnt nice when someone is rude and yells at you to leave.
Last edited by Alpha Female on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding in information from a double post
Howl at the moon,
Salute it's light,
Follow your heart,
And the future shines bright...

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Sithia wrote:
pitbull234 wrote:Well when i go on some one's chat and they say "saving please leave" i have no problem but when they yell at me and says " Get out im saving" i get mad and people need to ask nicely, Because i mean "saving" isnt allowed and if you ask nicely than its the person who is geting on choice. thats my opinion
I actually completely agree with you. It isnt nice when someone is rude and yells at you to leave.
Please avoid double posting, thanks! Instead, please use the edit tool. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Sithia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Sithia » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:48 am

When I go into an open multiplayer game I want to be able to join in, so if I get told that they are saving it does annoy me a bit.
Then again if they ask me nicely I will leave but if I get "Get out saving" or anything like that, I argue 'till the cows come home!
(or, at least, until they close their game...)
Howl at the moon,
Salute it's light,
Follow your heart,
And the future shines bright...

alebrije
Yearling
Yearling

Post by alebrije » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:56 pm

I dislike the idea of saving spots. I mean, when you command someone to leave, it makes the person feel bad. They just want to have fun just like you.

SnowCoveredPaws
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: In my house, locked in my bedroom waiting for you stalkers

Post by SnowCoveredPaws » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:47 pm

I, personally, dislike saving spots. I think people should just use the private game. Its there for a reason. Also I have been asked quite rudely to leave a game 3 times in a row(I stayed though, of course). I don't think the words "Stay calm" mean to tell someone to go die in a hole.
Flying in the sky, stalking you with every pawstep...
Black against the
atmosphere, watching you...
I am the Common
Raven, and you barely notice I'm there......
Too
busy hunting your elk?
Then I will come at
night.......

Legendary-Taco
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Legendary-Taco » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:02 am

I've reconsidered and I think I'm more irked on the subject. I don't play multiplayer much anymore, but the last time I went into a game and kindly refused to leave the other players became quite indignant and they were demanding I leave, trying to cuss at me, and threatening to report me (although I was unable to report as I ended up losing the evidence :b). I could understand their frustration, as they were saving a spot, but their reaction was over the top. Open games are meant for everyone to play and enjoy, after all.
If they kindly ask to leave, I usually will, but again, open games should be played by everyone and new players should be welcomed. Most people are kind, but still, there are the more demanding people out there.

People should reserve the right to save spots, but must keep in mind that other people that join should be accepted with open arms anyways.
___________╔══════════╗

_________im pretty meme savvy...
______ Ask me anything chump xox
________(avatar by me boyo xox~)

___________╚══════════╝

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”