"Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

white puppy
Pup
Pup

Re: "Saving Spots" - Your opinion?

Post by white puppy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:45 pm

raystar7424 wrote:
DarkWafflez wrote: I encountered this yesterday and here is how it went:
wolf: saving a spot leave now!
me: no.
another wolf: I'm reporting
me: reporting me for what? joining an OPEN GAME???
Then my friend from another RP came in and we all had a good time.
Now when someone says ______ crashed PLEASE leave I would leave if someone asked and they told me not too forcefully. Otherwise don't leave. I kept someone in the game by telling them, "You don't have leave this is an open game."
he said: But I don't want to be rude!
me: They are the rude ones!!! You don't have to leave. If they want us to leave they should have a made a private game!
he said: oh ok then I'm not leaving!
See? As long as you don't leave they will get annoyed then make a private game for themselves!
I think the WQ people who do that should realize that all this time they could have made a private game. I'm ok with people saving spots if they ask politely. If they don't well I get bored and leave anyway. I just can't believe how many do the saving spots thing.

I got forced to leave one time xD

Person: Leave.
Me: No.
Person: Yes.
Me: It's an open game.
Person: So! I said leave!
Me: I said why.
Person: Because I said so.
Me: Well I said... No.
Person: Why?
Me: Because I like it here.
Person: But I'm saving spots!
Me: Too bad. Open a private game.
Person: Shut up!
Me: I live in America.
Person: Can you just leave?
Me: So how are you doing today.
Person: Not good since you wont leave.
Me: That's nice. Yeah... Yeah, how's your family doing.
Person: ...

Then he left xD I would leave if they asked nicely, but if they dont then I just stay there.
buckets
wwe lovve them

HU Lisa
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by HU Lisa » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Well, I know people often save spots because most people cannot make Private Chats. It's been a glitch for me and most of my friends. I find that I can make a chat, yet others cannot not join, or I can't make a private chat at all. It gets agitating.
............... Єиνყ
......... Ɗøи'т fяeт ρяe¢ıøυš,
............. Ɩ'м ħeяe...
............ Ƨтeρ αωαч fяøм тħe ωıиđøω...
................ Ɠø вα¢κ тø šłeeρ...

melrox
Pup
Pup

Post by melrox » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:24 pm

I understand why people want to save spots but some of them can be so rude, telling you to get lost. It's not very nice.
Alpha and Creator - Hidden Oasis Pack/Fallen Waters Pack

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:08 pm

I honestly don't mind the "saving spots." It's actually very understandable if someone's friend/pack member/ect. is on AFK. I do save spots sometimes, but I almost never have to. Once people get in my games, they pretty much never leave the game. Or if they do, then nobody else will come in. And usually only four people (counting myself in that four) are in that game.

But what I hate is when people are very rude about saving spots. I have actually never gotten a nice ask to leave. All people say to me is "Get out! we are saving spots! i'm going to report you!" And in truth, that is exactly what they say. In those cases I will stay for a little while until I'm bored. Then I leave. And when they threaten that they'll report me, they never do. Or at least with me.

Only when people nicely ask will I leave without hesitation. But for me, that never happens. Although, I am somone who will nicely ask someone to leave the game because I am saving a spot. Only when they don't leave and stay for a really long time do I yell at them to leave. And usually right about when I'm going to report them, they go.

But I guess I was trying to say, I have no problem with saving spots, unless they are mean about it.
One raindrop among millions.

melrox
Pup
Pup

Post by melrox » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:43 pm

I just had a thought that might solve this problem! What if we can reserve spots? Like when we open an open game, we can type in another players name so there will be a place saved for that player. What do you guys think?
Alpha and Creator - Hidden Oasis Pack/Fallen Waters Pack

Nikoi Gryphon

Post by Nikoi Gryphon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 pm

I've been asked this SO many times, I mean, C'mon, its a open Game.

Its understandable, like, if Someone crashed and so on and so forth, but I mean, "Get Out! Leave Now. NOW!" its just like, "When you ask Nicely, thankyouverymuch."
xD
I'll leave if I'm asked Nicely, but I tend to stay and argue a Little with them, when they're mean. xDDD

Shelina
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shelina » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:11 pm

I agree with some other posts, I mean saving a spot in Open Games is kind of rude considering Open Games are 'open' games therefore the games are supposed to be welcome to anyone. If someone plans to be with certain people, he/she should make a Private Game. It's not nice when someone searches a long time for a chat, finds the right one, and ends up in a saved spot and has to leave. Especially rude is when the host/other members say to leave in an unkind way. It's better to say please.... isn't it? x3
~Avαтαя © Sнɛιиα~
Ɩ σccαsισиαʏ мακɛ αvvιɛs vια ƤM, sσ ιғ ʏσʋ'яɛ ιитɛяɛƨтɛ ιи σиɛ ρɛαƨɛ σ ƤM мɛ :3

hUNterrEtH96
Pup
Pup

Post by hUNterrEtH96 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:26 am

Saving spots has its pros and cons, but it really depends on the maturity of the players. for instance if some one said to me: GET OUT SAVEING SPOTS!!!
if i were less mature like i was two years ago i would reply: WHY DONT YOU MAKE ME!
which would start a long argument. If someone is mean about it then its not ok! But if its politely said then i have no problem with it. To be honest, if they command them too its less likely to work so why do people say it in the meanest way possible?
ı'м αłł αłøиe, αиđ še¢łυđeđ ħeяe,
тħeяe'š иø øиe вešıđeš мe,
šø чøυ мч fяıeиđ ı ħøłđ šø đeαя,
ωıтħøυт чøυ ı đøи'т κиøω ωħeяe ı'đ вe.

Av©GreatestAlly

Sig ©Sweetpee RAWR and Bone Shatter

Leopardstar919
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Standing behind you with a sniper rifle >:D (Hint... RUN! :333)

Post by Leopardstar919 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:55 pm

I don't like the saving spots idea. People are usually mean about it, and whenever they ask, it usually always sounds mean to me in my opinion. If it was for a friend that left due to connection problems, and they were coming back, then I totally understand that. But they should really make a private game if they want a 'specific' group to play.
Last edited by Leopardstar919 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avvie: snowywolf101
Siggie: Me

meowool
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by meowool » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:17 am

I know have had that, and they thought following me would make me leave.they threated to report me and get my account taken away, but there's something in rules where in open games, you can't save spots, therefore I can't be reported for taking up a saved spot. i just don't do chat if that happens cos then they don't have anything to respond to.

Darkitten
Pup
Pup
Location: south eastern border (I don't like giveing specific location...)

Post by Darkitten » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Ok, well every one is saying its rude to kick some one out of a game, now should the person being kicked out report them? That only seems fair if kicking some one out is against the rules. And also, If some one has an open chat saying for example, "OnlyPeepsIknow" Shouldnt i be able to go in? And report them, with screenshots and every thing else? I mean of course you SHOULD be able to.

Now, what if some one went into a private chat by entering random pass and pack names and wont leave? I noticed this hasnt been said... Because its happened to me before...
Last edited by Darkitten on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ஜ۩۞۩ஜTear ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

Avvie By CrystalTheGlaceon

Stop the fighting

Stop the cruelty

stop the anger

Stop the madness

Stop the neglect

stop the testing

Stop the abandonment

START being brave.

Save a life, Stop animal abuse, And ADOPT.

susijuani
Yearling
Yearling

Post by susijuani » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Nikoi Gryphon wrote:I've been asked this SO many times, I mean, C'mon, its a open Game.

Its understandable, like, if Someone crashed and so on and so forth, but I mean, "Get Out! Leave Now. NOW!" its just like, "When you ask Nicely, thankyouverymuch."
xD
I'll leave if I'm asked Nicely, but I tend to stay and argue a Little with them, when they're mean. xDDD

i agree with you...if they ask nicely i go but if not i stay...i know that saving spots is for a good reason but please...dont be rude!
My avvie shop:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52966

Avvie by me!

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:16 pm

When people rudely ask me to leave i just say random nonsense words in a sentence form ... they usually end the game XD It's quite fun, actually. If they ask nicely then i just leave :3
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

susijuani
Yearling
Yearling

Post by susijuani » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:19 pm

wq47 HawkTail wrote:When people rudely ask me to leave i just say random nonsense words in a sentence form ... they usually end the game XD It's quite fun, actually. If they ask nicely then i just leave :3

and i think thats the best way to end the situation so with the time rude people can learn that they must speak in a polite way or we are not going to leave
My avvie shop:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52966

Avvie by me!

RockyWolfDragon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by RockyWolfDragon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:12 pm

I hate it to, I mean when someone makes an open game they do realise that it means pretty much anyone can join. If they wish to only play with friends then make a private game. In the end it doesn't get you anywhere it just gives the impression that you are mean.
:evil: :roll:

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”