What bugs did you find?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Talwiny
Pup
Pup

Re: What bugs did you find?

Post by Talwiny » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:33 am

I was playing WQ 2.5.1 (finally, YAY!) and all of sudden it started to rain. The weirdest is: it had no dark clouds... it was raining direct from the blue sky...

EDIT: I'm right now playing and I'm at Sodda Butte Vista (not exactly there, it's in a Wolf Territory) and the wolf's incent leads me to the end of the map, but the invisible wall won't let me continue... no wolf, thought.

EDIT 2: Bug fixed. And here are a few small bugs that are actually funny!^^

- Two headed elk (who would forget it?!). Here's a screenshot: http://www.iaza.com/work/120325C/iaza19859060606700.png
- Slowy walking coyote (walks VEEEEEERY slowy, but doesn't even move...)
- Backwards fight (press P: your wolf will be backwards at the stranger, but it doesn't glitch the game).

EDIT 3: Not sure if those are glitches or not but since I created my third wolf (Claw), the following things are happening:

- Mate won't feed pups;
- Pups die for no reason;
- Predator cam only activates after a pup is already killed;
- Predator cam zooms in only one predator while there are more than two (ex: zooms in one bear while two coyotes are killing the pups);
- No carcasses around.
I love WolfQuest! :D
Sorry if my English is bad... ^^'

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 pm

I don't know about any of you guys, but I happened to experience a new glitch last time I was assisting my younger sibling with completing the first mission.
#1- When we decided to raise our graphics better quality, we first changed it to "beautiful". Which worked just as fine as the "fastest". But once we decided to give "fantastic" a try, the whole ground disappeared, our wolf vanished, all prey was gone, and it appeared as though we were walking way above the ground up in the clouds. Once we switched it back, all the proper graphics returned.

#2- Every single territory we visited, all the wolves were female. My sister was playing as a female wolf, so at the moment, we are unable to move on. We have tried numerous times to visit each territory, with no better result.

I am practically putting everything I know into trying to fix this, so hopefully I find a solution. Even if it leads to reinstalling the game. c:
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Khia 112
Pup
Pup

Post by Khia 112 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:04 am

BlackWarrior wrote:#2- Every single territory we visited, all the wolves were female. My sister was playing as a female wolf, so at the moment, we are unable to move on. We have tried numerous times to visit each territory, with no better result.

I am practically putting everything I know into trying to fix this, so hopefully I find a solution. Even if it leads to reinstalling the game. c:
Do you (or your sibling, depending on whether or not you use the same computer for WQ) have the bug fix version of 2.5? I think this glitch was fixed in the most recent version of 2.5. Although I'm not positive, as I never had any problems finding a mate.
-
I have to play with name tags off sometimes. Every so often, usually when I'm in the river, the name tags all multiply until it looks like there's 30-something users in the chat with the same names XD
......................'..Rain, rain, go away
.....................Come again another day
...............All the world is waiting for the sun
.......................To lie here under you
.......................Is all I could ever do ♥

Av/Sig: LupinzPack/Emberflare

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Yes, of course we have the most recent version. ;)
I have tried several things with no luck. So she decided to make a new file being a male wolf, and we didn't have any problems. So it must be a glitch of some sort.

Also, she recently witnessed a new glitch of having a bear lumber through you and the dispersal wolf. Just randomly walking past. ^^"

But hopefully some of these bugs can be dealt with in the future.
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Talwiny
Pup
Pup

Post by Talwiny » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but when i fight with Bob (not any bear, BOB) in the winter and i die, he stays here, standing and flashing. When it's spring/summer and i fight with him and die, SOMETIMES he stay running around the carcass he is, like a vulture. XD

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:23 am

---
for my question, not sure if this is a bug, or it just happens.
While sitting or laying down, if a user enters/leaves a chat room, the wolf stands back up again.
I can see this happening with others, but not truly sure why.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Honey wolf

Post by Honey wolf » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:52 am

I don't think that is a glitch, It happens to me too. I think it's just to tell the player that a user has left/joined.

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 am

And it's not only when someone leaves or enters. When a user dies also.

Mharie1
Pup
Pup

Post by Mharie1 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Has anybody else found a glitch where your pups' weight does not change, no matter how much you feed them? It happened to me a few days ago, and I wasted half an hour trying to get them to grow.
~-~♋The Autumn Mist Pack♋~-~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=61583

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Okay when hunting or walking to den while running you start falling down and start walking and even slowers

The other one is water, when didnt go for awhile you way to bottom
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

Slandar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Slandar » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:49 pm

I dont mean fo this to sound bad - but sometimes i kill 3 puppies so i only have to take care of one.
But one time i was bringing one of my puppies to die in a river (which is how i kill them) and my mate always runs up to me and steals my pup, brings it back to the den, and wags her tail.
I try to do it secretly, but she always catches me! Yea, so the glitch was that my mate always takes the puppy from my mouth when i hold it, lol.
People say you can't live without love.
I think oxygen is more important.
:/

Talwiny
Pup
Pup

Post by Talwiny » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Slandar wrote:I dont mean fo this to sound bad - but sometimes i kill 3 puppies so i only have to take care of one.
But one time i was bringing one of my puppies to die in a river (which is how i kill them) and my mate always runs up to me and steals my pup, brings it back to the den, and wags her tail.
I try to do it secretly, but she always catches me! Yea, so the glitch was that my mate always takes the puppy from my mouth when i hold it, lol.
This isn't a glitch, she is just trying to protect the pups. :3

There are three glitches I found (two of them really bugs me).

- Frozen Predator Cam. This glitch is pretty annoying. When it zooms in your pups, it freezes there as if I was standing near my pups with the "wolf vision" in. Yet I can still walk around and stuff.
- Mate changes colors. Happened right after the glitch above. I clicked "Load Game" to re-load my previous saved game and, all of sudden, my mate (sand-colored) changed to my coat color... (dark brown).
- The Druid's Spot This has to be the most annoying glitch ever. In some spots, when I find a Druid, the male is always black and the female always dark brown. But they all appear in the SAME spot after I end fighting with the previous Druid. They, like, never end.

SnowWolf11
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SnowWolf11 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:27 pm

This happened a few days ago, I was playing on Amethyst Mountain, I entered a Wolf's territory and was following the scent dots.
But after I reached the "circle" the stranger wolf was... out of bounds!

Here is the picture:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zyxbwj&s=6

Has anyone else had this?

Talwiny
Pup
Pup

Post by Talwiny » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:39 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I click in "Hide hud", the flowers and the grass DISAPPEAR! Even if you display the hud again, they won't appear.

firawolf
Pup
Pup

Post by firawolf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:00 pm

once when i first played i was in amethyst looking for a mate this was before 2.5 i saved left i saw the mp i went on made a pack on slough creek when i saw the thing for username and password i was like darn its account mp i went back to my saved sp and when i went on i was in slough i said must be i can go to both i went to find a mate i went into a territory and went to the edge of the map and couldn't get to the wolf so i saved went out came back in and i was at amethyst i said must go back and forth so i saved again went out came back and was at amethyst so i said must be a glitch and contiued playing
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Fal, proud to be a Lead Qwazi of the African Stars Pride

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”