What bugs did you find?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Khia 112
Pup
Pup

Re: What bugs did you find?

Post by Khia 112 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:09 pm

BlackWarrior wrote:
Khia 112 wrote:I kept hearing about people getting stuck in the river on 2.5... then...
I get stuck in the ground. Literally, either halfway in the ground, or under it so all i can see is the background.

Once, me and my friend were trying to get to oxbow, and I just kept on floating. I could move, just very slowly DX

And on MP, I'll be hunting an elk... I die... when i come back, the elk just disappears in front of me! No scent or anything, and when I die on a hunt I usually have like two bites left before the elk dies. Very frustrating.

Sounds like you have run into many different glitches! Some I have actually never heard of.
I have experienced the "floating on water" bug as well as the "totally slowing down while floating" one you mentioned. But the sinking in the ground one I am quite new to this one. xD
As for the multiplayer one, it is common for hunting grounds to cause games to glitch, players to lag, and chats to even crash. Perhaps you are running into something like this?
Maybe, although usually I'm far from the hunting grounds once I'm that close to dying.
I'm not sure if the "No Name" thing were someone whose username is "No Name" comes in and doesn't exist in the chat is a glitch or not, but once I started a chat. No one would come... except for like, 7 No Names. :roll:
......................'..Rain, rain, go away
.....................Come again another day
...............All the world is waiting for the sun
.......................To lie here under you
.......................Is all I could ever do ♥

Av/Sig: LupinzPack/Emberflare

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 am

I don't think I have heard of no-names entering chats either! xP
Today while I was playing multiplayer, I came across a glitching chat. I would touch the people and they would just slide down the hill. So I went to explore and ran into a glitching bear. (Lol) But surrounding it was a pack of coyotes? There were five of them all just glitching and freezing up.
I think that is the first time I have experienced something like that. =D
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 am

Oahu wrote:
Koa wrote:
Oahu wrote:I don't know about all of you, but I randomly get stuck in an infinite free-fall.
I fall through the map and just keep falling, that's it.
Are you positive you have the latest version? May want to check.
Year, I am on 2.5.
Am I missing something?
You should try to uninstall the game and then download it again, from the page... it may take a long time but its worth it ^^

fiddlegirl512
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by fiddlegirl512 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:10 pm

1. Getting stuck in the screek 2. Flying/Sinking underground mostly when heading throught the field between the creek-old oxbow going Northeast Little Butte-Aspen Area 3. Ca walk through some trees, bushes, and rock in Aspen Area. 4. Game freezes often 5. People glitch when they or other people hunt/in hunting grounds 6. People look like they are "blinking" from were they were to were they are at the momment; often fixed by bowing("k" button) 7.The creek "blinks" and flickers from light blue to a dark blue
:evil:
Glitches 1,2,5, and 6 are highly annoying and I'm sure other members playing in multiplayer can agree.
I enjoy playing WQ, and I know it does cost quite a bit of $ to create a 3D game like WQ, but it seems like the game was made cheaply. The Sims3, another 3D simulation game(7th place for shorty awards) creates monthly updates to fix minor and major updates. WQ should do a couple of monthly updates to fix each glitch one by one

firepheonix
Pup
Pup

Post by firepheonix » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 am

I stuck in the creek. I tried to walk,but something blocked me.
.............¸¸.*¨*`.Moon Howler Pack.*¨*`.¸.
.............................ƒrεεժօ is a spirit,
...........................ƒrεεժօ is օvεr thεrε
.........................ƒrεεժօ livεs iռ hεart
.....................Hօաl at thε Mօօn ƒօr thε pacĸ.
........................Anժ this աilժεrnεss is օurs!
.....................'......¸¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸.

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:33 am

fiddlegirl512 wrote:1. Getting stuck in the screek 2. Flying/Sinking underground mostly when heading throught the field between the creek-old oxbow going Northeast Little Butte-Aspen Area 3. Ca walk through some trees, bushes, and rock in Aspen Area. 4. Game freezes often 5. People glitch when they or other people hunt/in hunting grounds 6. People look like they are "blinking" from were they were to were they are at the momment; often fixed by bowing("k" button) 7.The creek "blinks" and flickers from light blue to a dark blue
Glitches 1,2,5, and 6 are highly annoying and I'm sure other members playing in multiplayer can agree.
I enjoy playing WQ, and I know it does cost quite a bit of $ to create a 3D game like WQ, but it seems like the game was made cheaply. The Sims3, another 3D simulation game(7th place for shorty awards) creates monthly updates to fix minor and major updates. WQ should do a couple of monthly updates to fix each glitch one by one
WQ needs donations for making updates monthly... which are harder to get... EA Games is a big Video Games Developer, for them it's easy...
For the bugs:

1. Most people get stuck in the water... but some others don't, i usually get stuck too... and i have to close the game and enter again
2. For flying probably it's because of the water update, i usually fly too... but there are only areas where you do that, if you exit it, it's not a problem, as for the sink, i have no idea... this happened to me the first time i played 2.5
3. Yeah i know, it's annoying but that is minor... and i would get stuck in Upland too...
4. That is because of your graphic driver...
5. I think this depends on everyones laptop/computer, i don't lag on my laptop, but on my computer i can't even move normal
6. Lol everyone has that glitch, it's common, though it's annoying, i approve with you here...
7. Again i think it's because of the river update

All of these glitches are common for WQ and even my friends say that it's minor, you should see other games... at least this game doesn't mess with my Laptop and Computer...

firepheonix
Pup
Pup

Post by firepheonix » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:00 am

Katherine Vampire wrote:
fiddlegirl512 wrote:1. Getting stuck in the screek 2. Flying/Sinking underground mostly when heading throught the field between the creek-old oxbow going Northeast Little Butte-Aspen Area 3. Ca walk through some trees, bushes, and rock in Aspen Area. 4. Game freezes often 5. People glitch when they or other people hunt/in hunting grounds 6. People look like they are "blinking" from were they were to were they are at the momment; often fixed by bowing("k" button) 7.The creek "blinks" and flickers from light blue to a dark blue
WQ needs donations for making updates monthly... which are harder to get... EA Games is a big Video Games Developer, for them it's easy...
For the bugs:

1. Most people get stuck in the water... but some others don't, i usually get stuck too... and i have to close the game and enter again
2. For flying probably it's because of the water update, i usually fly too... but there are only areas where you do that, if you exit it, it's not a problem, as for the sink, i have no idea... this happened to me the first time i played 2.5
3. Yeah i know, it's annoying but that is minor... and i would get stuck in Upland too...
4. That is because of your graphic driver...
5. I think this depends on everyones laptop/computer, i don't lag on my laptop, but on my computer i can't even move normal
6. Lol everyone has that glitch, it's common, though it's annoying, i approve with you here...
7. Again i think it's because of the river update

All of these glitches are common for WQ and even my friends say that it's minor, you should see other games... at least this game doesn't mess with my Laptop and Computer...
Thanks for that! I hope more people will donate WolfQuest. So what are you waiting for guys? Donate WolfQuest!
.............¸¸.*¨*`.Moon Howler Pack.*¨*`.¸.
.............................ƒrεεժօ is a spirit,
...........................ƒrεεժօ is օvεr thεrε
.........................ƒrεεժօ livεs iռ hεart
.....................Hօաl at thε Mօօn ƒօr thε pacĸ.
........................Anժ this աilժεrnεss is օurs!
.....................'......¸¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸.

Shakaya
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shakaya » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Ok so I'm playing slough creek and me and my mate mark our territory and it says wait for spring and your pups, so I wait and my black wolf appears white and back at the starting point with no mate and a the bar of food for pups was completly full but I was still that same wolf as I was Playing before??? How do I get my mate back?

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:37 am

Shakaya wrote:Ok so I'm playing slough creek and me and my mate mark our territory and it says wait for spring and your pups, so I wait and my black wolf appears white and back at the starting point with no mate and a the bar of food for pups was completly full but I was still that same wolf as I was Playing before??? How do I get my mate back?

Hmm, that is definitely an odd one. Well, mate glitches are a common one to get. If your mate just vanished into thin air, it is definitely a glitch. Although, if you were in slough creek and then sent all the way to the beginning, perhaps you didn't save correctly or fully.
As for getting your mate back, try pressing ESC and then resume the game. If that doesnt work, try restarting your game from where you last saved (if you did)
Other than that, I'm afraid it would be a bug or glitch that is definitely worth reporting. ^^ Goodluck!

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:08 am

BlackWarrior wrote:
Shakaya wrote:Ok so I'm playing slough creek and me and my mate mark our territory and it says wait for spring and your pups, so I wait and my black wolf appears white and back at the starting point with no mate and a the bar of food for pups was completly full but I was still that same wolf as I was Playing before??? How do I get my mate back?

Hmm, that is definitely an odd one. Well, mate glitches are a common one to get. If your mate just vanished into thin air, it is definitely a glitch. Although, if you were in slough creek and then sent all the way to the beginning, perhaps you didn't save correctly or fully.
As for getting your mate back, try pressing ESC and then resume the game. If that doesnt work, try restarting your game from where you last saved (if you did)
Other than that, I'm afraid it would be a bug or glitch that is definitely worth reporting. ^^ Goodluck!
I agree with Night, but if that doesn't work just try to reinstall the game... I know you would probably don't want, but it's worth givin' a try...

Mharie1
Pup
Pup

Post by Mharie1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:02 pm

I have one where when I enter the creek it turns black... :lol: and I have another one where my pups walk into the creek or my mate drops pups into the creek and if I try to go get them it says "Your pup is drowning! Get out of the river!" Other times I will be nowhere near the crossing point for the river (You know, if that pack chases you out of their territory) and I will be trying to get a pup that wandered into their territory and the wolf will chase me and I will end up with my mate and pups at the crossing point... and I will have been NOWHERE near the crossing point and my pup will still be in their territory and it will slowly die... :(
~-~♋The Autumn Mist Pack♋~-~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=61583

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:23 am

Mharie1 wrote:I have one where when I enter the creek it turns black... :lol: and I have another one where my pups walk into the creek or my mate drops pups into the creek and if I try to go get them it says "Your pup is drowning! Get out of the river!" Other times I will be nowhere near the crossing point for the river (You know, if that pack chases you out of their territory) and I will be trying to get a pup that wandered into their territory and the wolf will chase me and I will end up with my mate and pups at the crossing point... and I will have been NOWHERE near the crossing point and my pup will still be in their territory and it will slowly die... :(

~Ahh, the river one is quite common. I often run into odd colored waters all the time, which somewhat can be an adventure as well. ;)
~As for your mate dropping the pups in the river, or even them wandering into one; I do believe this is a common issue with your mate and pups actions. I hear people always complaining about the silly and unhelpful things you mate will do, making it more work for you and more dangerous towards your pups.
~I do believe that once you are kicked out of the other wolf's territory, you are sent back to the crossing point right across from it, whether you were close to it or not. (Unless this has been changed). I understand that your pup being left there is quite a nuisance but the only way I am able to retrieve it is restart or venture into the territory again and hopefully be lucky enough to have enough time to save the pup. ^^

Shakaya
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shakaya » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm

BlackWarrior wrote:

No its not just my mate is gone my Wolf Turned a diferent color, and I can't have puppies.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Shakaya wrote:
BlackWarrior wrote:

No its not just my mate is gone my Wolf Turned a diferent color, and I can't have puppies.
And your computer meets all the system requirements?
If none of the suggestions worked (such as reinstalling etc.) then i would send in a bug report for sure.
Goodluck and hopefully others dont encounter this problem!

Khia 112
Pup
Pup

Post by Khia 112 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:39 am

The Sims games (all of them, 1, 2, 3 + expansions and stuff packs and all that) are games people PAY for. They get money from selling the games and expansions/stuff packs, and many people play Sims. They have more money to do bug fixes.

WQ is a free game, so they don't get money for people getting WQ like Sims and other games do.

So, they don't have funding to do more fixes.
I agree, the glitches are annoying. But at least we have weather, time, pretty skies, and new multiplayer chat options (although I personally still prefer lexicon chat).
A lot of work was put into this game, and it's not possible to fix every glitch. I honestly don't think it's fair to say the game was made "cheaply"--the WQ team puts a lot of time into the game, and there are ways to get around some of the glitches at least.

Can't remember if I said anything on my last post here, but Aspen always looks like an igloo on my game X3
Last edited by Khia 112 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
......................'..Rain, rain, go away
.....................Come again another day
...............All the world is waiting for the sun
.......................To lie here under you
.......................Is all I could ever do ♥

Av/Sig: LupinzPack/Emberflare

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”