What bugs did you find?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: What bugs did you find?

Post by Koa » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Let's try not to stray off-topic, please.

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:54 am

I just found a nice glitch. When I create or go in games where there isn't snow and it rains, if I turn off the weather, and it was supposed to rain, my sky remains cloudy for the rest of the game. It won't turn back unless I restart the game and turn on my weather, so after the rain, the sky would turn back to the sunny one. I have no idea if this is a glitch, but I really like someone to tell me what is wrong and if some of you encountered the same thing as me.

Dragonsoul2000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Dragonsoul2000 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Jazzman wrote:My puppies wandered from the secret tree den to the aspen Heights den. They walked through water without drowning and ignored me although they were starving till they reached the other den o.O

And there's the frozen-coyote-glitch, too :D When you jump over the coyote during your final bite it will always freeze. Sometimes standing, sometimes half fallen, depends on when the coyote get out of your view. But I like the glitch :D Get a screenie of it: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5434/preycoyo1.png

The last I've found: In the Wolfseye-view I sometimes stuck while jumping. I have to turn into Scent-View to get free.

I reported all this bugs ^^
I remember this one time, where I was playing alone on MP and I came across a coyote. I began to chase it in order to occupy myself. Once i killed it, it simply began running in place-in slow motion, nonetheless! I just sat there, staring at it like: :?: :!:

Dragonsoul2000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Dragonsoul2000 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:11 pm

One of the weirdest times i've had on WolfQuest, was when I had a MP game going in AM (I believe this was before WolfQuest 2.5 came out) and I decided to go hunting. Now I was having a bit of trouble at the time, in other words my game was glitching in every way possible, and when I arrived at the closest hunting area, I found TWO herds walking right behind one another. I drew closer, willing to investigate, and the elk never ran from me as they usualy do. I had been some-what bored at the moment (naturally) and i chose one of the Bull elk to hunt. I continued to snap at the elk as it casually walked along, and despite the glitch, I still lost health. I died at least four times in the process, and everyone in the room kept saying that I had been cloned four times! :shock: I finally had to restart the game. :roll:

So yup, there's my weirdest time on WolfQuest, what's yours?

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Lol there is a whole glitch with the AM... I do find my bodies all around the map, in the spots where I died.
One of my weirdest glitch as I probably already said was when my friends played ping-pong with me. I froze near the Cliffs and I couldn't move, but my friends did and I looked like I was sliding.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 am

I suppose this is a glitch that will hopefully be taken care of in the future, but on multiplayer, the middle land is practically the glitching land. It happens in almost all servers for every player. (That I have experienced it with). Everything lags and glitches and names fly across the screens you freeze and even though you are still running, it appears you go no where until you drift off to the side and leave the middle. You then see how far you have gone. ^^
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Kyrarah

Post by Kyrarah » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 am

Most weird glitch I found was on Amethyst Mountain, while I played MultiPlayer. I tried to test on one if my dead body and it activated a predator cam, showed a bear. I tried it other times and it showed my two other dead body in a predator cam. 0:

Larkey

Post by Larkey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Kivia wrote:While I was in the middle of a wolf encounter, I pressed "p", and my wolf shot off. xD I did this three times, and what would happen is that the camera would stay fixed where the wolf encounter was, but my wolf would just zoom by the screen when I was controlling it. Then a bear came, and then the camera was fixed on my wolf that was moving at a fixed speed, but the body didn't move; I have a video of it, but I'll have to post it when I get home.
Lol, Kivia when I watched that video I fell on the ground laughing.

-x- The_Grimmy -x-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by -x- The_Grimmy -x- » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:54 am

In AM I went to the pond above the dead tree, and it sudden;y got shallower when I approached. I walked through it, then when I tried to walk away down the slope, I started walking above the ground at the same level as the pond. It was funny =3

Kyrarah

Post by Kyrarah » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 am

Oh yeah. There's a quite cool bug on AM that let me took some screenshots. It loaded the game from a flying camera (?) and I could see whole map of AM. It was so cool. I'll post the screenshots. x3

Oahu
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Oahu » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Okay, here's a bug that I have found while using Windows 8 Developer's Preview,

When the game starts (in both AM and SC) nothing is solid except for the ground. The trees, bears, pups, all are like air, I can walk straight through them.

Now not many people probably use W8DP, so I don't think that it's much of a significant problem, but I would appreciate it if it was fixed...
The next sentence is true.

The previous sentence is a lie.

Lexwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Lexwolf » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:34 am

I just found a nice glitch. When I create or go in games where there isn't snow and it rains, if I turn off the weather, and it was supposed to rain, my sky remains cloudy for the rest of the game. It won't turn back unless I restart the game and turn on my weather, so after the rain, the sky would turn back to the sunny one. I have no idea if this is a glitch, but I really like someone to tell me what is wrong and if some of you encountered the same thing as me.
I encounter this glitch all the time. It annoys me a lot, especially in SC when it turns all bluish when it rains.
If I remember correctly, I think that when I leave my weather on in SC the bluish stays after the rain ends (not sure, haven't had weather on in a while). Extremely annoying.
Wolves of the West Lands

Our clan is old as time.
Our history weaves through the decades.
Our leaders are young and strong.
And their story is just begun.

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67979

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Oahu wrote:Okay, here's a bug that I have found while using Windows 8 Developer's Preview,

When the game starts (in both AM and SC) nothing is solid except for the ground. The trees, bears, pups, all are like air, I can walk straight through them.

Now not many people probably use W8DP, so I don't think that it's much of a significant problem, but I would appreciate it if it was fixed...
It is still worth sending in a report. c;
But may I suggest trying something first? It could be that your graphics settings have been switched to "fastest" causing the game and graphics to be very low quality. This could be why it appears you go right through the landscape objects. Worth a shot. ^^

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:56 am

Adding to BlackWarrior.
If you don't have a good graphic card, I don't suggest you change it to "Good" or any desired setting. Why? Because you will destroy your computer... I already burned my old one and I had to buy a new one. >.> And really honest, go on WQ onto laptops... you should see the difference.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:31 am

Kyrarah wrote:Most weird glitch I found was on Amethyst Mountain, while I played MultiPlayer. I tried to test on one if my dead body and it activated a predator cam, showed a bear. I tried it other times and it showed my two other dead body in a predator cam. 0:

I actually just experienced this one. I try to stray away from dying in the game because everything I do seems to fly back and show me my dead body. Including when I sleep or rest.

I recently also experienced the rain glitch brought up earlier. But not only does the game stay cloudy, the river appears black for the rest of the game.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”