What bugs did you find?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

wolflovingperson
Pup
Pup

Re: What bugs did you find?

Post by wolflovingperson » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:10 am

Kipcha28 wrote:I've seen elk carcasses floating way up in the sky. They look like ravens, but you can clearly see they are elk because of the legs. I only noticed them because I howled on HeadCam and they happened to be there.
Really? Wow i've never seen that but i was in MP and i have seen elk running in the spot XD!

Whoops nvm I just did today!
Last edited by wolflovingperson on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MistyWolf10101
Pup
Pup

Post by MistyWolf10101 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:57 am

In single player I was hunting an elk and we died AT THE SAME TIME! After I respawned, I went back to the place where the elk carcass was, and I saw my wolf's carcass, with the head lying on top of the elk's head. I couldn't save the game, but I didn't care, because I GOT SCREENSHOTS! :mrgreen:
.*¨*.¸.*¨ ¸.*¨¨*'.˛ ¨*'.˛.*¨*.

ƸӜƷ

м ι s т y

ƸӜƷ

.*¨*.¨*'.˛¨*'.˛ ¸.*¨¸.*¨.*¨*.

Av/Sig: river6/Emberflare

Kindwing
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kindwing » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:54 pm

I actually found a very useful glitch the other day when taking my pups to the rendezvous site from the Bison Peak Cutoff den! When we got to the river, I picked up my pup and was preparing to hurry across, but my wolf walked on top of the water! It did this every time I carried across a pup. My mate was in the water, and my wolf walked slowly as if it was in the water, but the drowning pups message never popped up and they didn't lose any health. Yay

BullHunterM
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BullHunterM » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:34 pm

There is a failure, glitch, bug or however you want to calle it, in the water. When your character walks through a river, the riverbank does not ley the player to go to land.
I will howl, howl, howl, every time I see the moon.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:33 pm

BullHunterM wrote:There is a failure, glitch, bug or however you want to calle it, in the water. When your character walks through a river, the riverbank does not ley the player to go to land.
Sadly that became a common problem once the water was updated. It will be completely overhauled (and hopefully fixed) in the tablet version of the game, though.

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:49 am

Sorry about that Koa, I honestly thought this could be considered some sort of 'tip', but anywho.

There we go:

Infinite running glitch
I recently found out how you can run without your stamina decaying. Note that this only works in multiplayer.
So say you want to head from Little Butte to Aspen Heights, but oh wait--it's too far and your stamina will start to fade out right?
Well here's how you can run without your bar going down:

1. Toggle the run button (Q)
2. Press ESC
3. There you have it! Your stamina is staying in one place

Note: This only works when you are in the 'menu' of the game, after pressing ESC. If you exit the menu by pressing 'resume' your stamina will eventually get lower. This also works when you have the 'raise pups' mode toggled and it's actually really useful when carrying a pup and you're running or walking. But then again, you need to have the ESC button pressed.

I thought I'd share this, since this lil' 'cheat' is a life saver when you have your game on 'Bring it on' during the rendezvous site mission.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:38 am

I think theres a bug where when you hear the eagle you don't see him and he's nowhere near. But even when you're right next to your pup they still die
Go your own way

SkrillHowl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Underwater wolves

Post by SkrillHowl » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:42 pm

If you save your game while in a certain part of the river at Slough Creek then load that saved game, your wolf will now walk underwater. If you are in Multi-player mode, all you have to do is have your wolf die in the same part of the river and you will be "respawned" under water and your wolf will walk under water. The only way to get out from under the water is by howling, or walking up the slope in the river.
https://youtu.be/pSdhlPX-H5I

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Underwater wolves

Post by valkea » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:56 pm

SkrillHowl wrote:If you save your game while in a certain part of the river at Slough Creek then load that saved game, your wolf will now walk underwater. If you are in Multi-player mode, all you have to do is have your wolf die in the same part of the river and you will be "respawned" under water and your wolf will walk under water. The only way to get out from under the water is by howling, or walking up the slope in the river.
Interestingly, during initial beta testing for 2.7, I remember finding a spot where you could get "stuck" in the water and briefly go under it. It was fixed, but it looks like you may have found the same spot, if not one very close by to what I found? Does this location look about right to you? It my case, there wasn't any saving involved and you just had to go into that specific spot in the creek, but that was a really old beta version of 2.7 and I believe it was reported as fixed during testing.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

SkrillHowl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Underwater wolves

Post by SkrillHowl » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:09 pm

Kirave wrote:
SkrillHowl wrote:If you save your game while in a certain part of the river at Slough Creek then load that saved game, your wolf will now walk underwater. If you are in Multi-player mode, all you have to do is have your wolf die in the same part of the river and you will be "respawned" under water and your wolf will walk under water. The only way to get out from under the water is by howling, or walking up the slope in the river.
Interestingly, during initial beta testing for 2.7, I remember finding a spot where you could get "stuck" in the water and briefly go under it. It was fixed, but it looks like you may have found the same spot, if not one very close by to what I found? Does this location look about right to you? It my case, there wasn't any saving involved and you just had to go into that specific spot in the creek, but that was a really old beta version of 2.7 and I believe it was reported as fixed during testing.
Nope, completely different location, the spot is in the sandbar crossing… specifically, the sandbar crossing in the winter.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Ahh, interesting, don't recall ever having issues with the water there. That's really odd, especially considering it happens after reloading a save.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:04 pm

One time, when I got a litter of pups to the Rendezvous Site, the howling cutscene never appeared. The first thing that I got was the You Made It! message. There was howling in the background, but no cutscene.

A rather funny Rendezvous site glitch I experienced- With a different litter, the family was at the site, except for my mate. While we were waiting for her to come, a coyote appeared who wanted to eat my pups. I ran after the coyote, trying to kill it. Then my mate came in, and I accidentally entered the Rendezvous Site too- then while the howling cutscene played, the coyote I was chasing began running in place!
:shock: It was so near my pups that I thought one of them was dead meat for sure. But nope. Near the end of the cutscene, the coyote stopped running in place and ran up Douglas Fir Slopes, away from the site. And my pups were all alive. :D

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:14 pm

If someone howls in multiplayer, you can't pick up a pup for a few minutes.
Also at the rendezvous site if someone howls before the game howls for you, the game will glitch and it will not go to the cut screen.
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

Ghosten
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ghosten » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:16 pm

I encountered the funniest bug the other day in multiplayer. I had just managed to bring down an elk with my packmate, and when the elk fell it just kept going! The carcass was running across all of Slough Creek. It even had dust puffs behind it! Unfortunately, it was running (sliding?) like crazy and didn't have a scent trail, so we couldn't track it down.

Sunfrost23
Pup
Pup
Name: Veronica

Post by Sunfrost23 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:00 pm

This one time I was playing on Lost River with an extremely weak wolf. He died while hunting a elk, but his body stayed in the same position as when you grab onto the elk and hold. It was like he was convulsing in mid-air, even though he was dead. xD It was pretty hilarious.

There was the other time when I was playing co-op and I tried to pick up a pup, but the game froze and I was stuck with my head down and my experience going up for some reason. I finally left because I couldn't do anything, but when I came back I couldn't put a pup down after I picked it up unless someone fed it.
Out of doubt, out of dark, to the day's rising
I came singing into the sun, sword unsheathing
To hope's end I ran, and to heart's breaking
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

~Eomer, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”