What bugs did you find?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Re: What bugs did you find?

Post by PearlyReborn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Sunfrost23 wrote:There was the other time when I was playing co-op and I tried to pick up a pup, but the game froze and I was stuck with my head down and my experience going up for some reason. I finally left because I couldn't do anything, but when I came back I couldn't put a pup down after I picked it up unless someone fed it.
I would leave it going up, I want to get to the highest rank, haha.

I did find a bug where my mate on Lost River got stuck on a mountain and couldn't get down. So I just worked it into the character's story.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Arctic
Pup
Pup

Post by Arctic » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:24 am

This is hard to explain to me, but on multi player there's jumping elks.
av by LupinzPack

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 am

In the lost river, behind some of the buildings in the plaza, if you jump up the hill and angle it towards a tree just right, you can float in mid-air there. Continue jumping, and you can wind up floating atop the building. Jump toward the building, and you can win up beneath the road in the plaza. It's a neat trick to play while pretending to be invisible, since only your name appears when you're under the road, haha.

I like to call this glitch, "Being a Wizard", because my friends and I often say, "I'm off to be a wizard" before performing the trick.

(I hope this isn't removed. I love this glitch so much)
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Wolf Duda
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolf Duda » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm

my wolf was crossing trees and rocks yesterday like a ghost

Fσωєяѕ
Flowers Give Hearts Immense Joy

Av/Sig © wolfwhisp -- thanks <3/Lupa
i'm like wolves?
I don't know....
Avatar by © wolfwhisp -- thanks <3
Signature by © Wolf Duda it's me!

Beeba10
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Beeba

Post by Beeba10 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm not entirely sure whether it's a glitch or not, but it seems to be since when I tried to it again it was difficult:
I was joking around pretending to see if I could get into . . . I'm not sure what the area is called, but it's in Lost River and it's blocked off with a large double gate; the bit where the Easter Egg of the weird running moose is? Don't know if I'm explaining it very well. Just off the main town, it's got a sign just before it saying "BCE Remaking the world...". Anyway, I was being silly, went around to see how far I could go, and I managed to get in! Did it twice, haha. Again, not sure if it's actually a glitch, but I did struggle slightly the second time to find the exact spot where I could squeeze past the invisible border.
The name's Beeba. So I'm basically a striped sheep. Geddit? Bee-Baa.

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Not sure if anyone has stated this, but this glitch has happened to me a lot of times. It is when your mate dies and they return...but they are no longer responsive. The heart changes into a pale pink color and the wolf does appear on the map...but if you go to it, then it is slowly walking in a straight line. It never responds to your howls or changes in the game (like when you are ready to progress to the next steps.

It is so odd, but only happens if your mate was killed during a fight.

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm not sure how many other people gave come across this bug, but I have in fact managed to find a way to duplicate my wolves from the 'choose your wolf'/'choose wolf' screen. All my characters are at the Pack Elder rank cx
Last edited by ViperBrains on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:36 pm

The amount of bugs I've found is uncountable. The annoying ones are the rendezvous bug ("Help us with the rendezvous site bug!" topic), a bug where connection gets blurry and a player walks in a random direction then disappears and reappears where they were before walking, the bug where mobile players can pick up multiple pups at the same time, a bug in Lost River where you get stuck in the rocks from trying to climb some stairs, another Lost River bug where you get thrown off the map, a Slough Creek bug where cougars are hard to bite and in the meantime, killing you, a bug in Lost River where in a specific spot, you can FLOAAAAAAT! I forget how, but I've done it! A bug where East Creek is the only den you can jump into, (Plus you can jump through some rocks!) and a bug where if you play as a female/male wolf for a long time, then switch to the opposite gender, the dispersal wolves the SAME gender as YOU will be the only ones you can take as a mate, :shock:
Anyway, I am mentally drained from thinking up all these, but there are a ton more minor ones!

And Beeba10, how did you manage to get in there?! Did you kill Floppy? I MUST KNOW! :mrgreen:

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Once I had saved and left the game ( hard to balieve I know) at a elk carcass, and when
I returned to that wolf and tried to leave the elk my wolf ran in circles around it, I'm sure if any other wolves would have been there I would have looked weird trying as hard as possible to get away from a dead elk. In the end I had to back up and zig-zag about 100 yards away until the Eat button went away. it was crazy
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Black Burn wrote:Once I had saved and left the game ( hard to balieve I know) at a elk carcass, and when
I returned to that wolf and tried to leave the elk my wolf ran in circles around it, I'm sure if any other wolves would have been there I would have looked weird trying as hard as possible to get away from a dead elk. In the end I had to back up and zig-zag about 100 yards away until the Eat button went away. it was crazy
Yeah, that happened to me and a bull elk carcass once. I was eating a bull elk for pup food, picked up the pup, and tried to get away because the "Elk Carcass" bar thingy wouldn't go away. I had to run back and eat the carcass until the carcass was gone, then I could get back to normal heading-to-rendezvous life. :moose: :wolf: :o

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:51 pm

TimberRaven wrote:
Black Burn wrote:Once I had saved and left the game ( hard to balieve I know) at a elk carcass, and when
Yeah, that happened to me and a bull elk carcass once. I was eating a bull elk for pup food, picked up the pup, and tried to get away because the "Elk Carcass" bar thingy wouldn't go away. I had to run back and eat the carcass until the carcass was gone, then I could get back to normal heading-to-rendezvous life. :moose: :wolf: :o
I never thought of eating it till its gone, but it was a very recently killed elk, and it would have taken forever to eat it all, by then all the pups would be dead,
But thank you for the idea, next time that happens I'll have to try it.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Black Burn wrote:
TimberRaven wrote:
I never thought of eating it till its gone, but it was a very recently killed elk, and it would have taken forever to eat it all, by then all the pups would be dead,
But thank you for the idea, next time that happens I'll have to try it.
You can eat it quickly by jumping then racing to the carcass before your stamina runs out. Or run around a lot, have very low stamina, and eat that yummy carcass 'till you explode! ...Or until it goes away. :P

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:45 pm

TimberRaven wrote: You can eat it quickly by jumping then racing to the carcass before your stamina runs out. Or run around a lot, have very low stamina, and eat that yummy carcass 'till you explode! ...Or until it goes away. :P
Haha! It just happened again, and I tried what you said, it was easier then I thought it would be, probably because my wolf has 0% stamina. The funny thing is though was that my mate just stood there watching me like I was crazy! Then a bear showed up and watched me too!
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Black Burn wrote:
TimberRaven wrote: You can eat it quickly by jumping then racing to the carcass before your stamina runs out. Or run around a lot, have very low stamina, and eat that yummy carcass 'till you explode! ...Or until it goes away. :P
Haha! It just happened again, and I tried what you said, it was easier then I thought it would be, probably because my wolf has 0% stamina. The funny thing is though was that my mate just stood there watching me like I was crazy! Then a bear showed up and watched me too!
So it worked? Yaaaaay! Bug solved... :D

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:41 pm

TimberRaven wrote:
Black Burn wrote:
So it worked? Yaaaaay! Bug solved... :D
Yeah, and you can get a good laugh out of it too, if you have an audience!
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”