What bugs did you find?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Glacia2008
Pup
Pup
Name: Glacia

Re: What bugs did you find?

Post by Glacia2008 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:21 pm

In 2.7, I occasionally have the issue where I release the 'up' arrow to stop, but my wolf keeps running. I wind up hitting the arrow keys at random, trying to get them to respond to the controls again.

"You are not your own," says the Bear King, "you were bought at a price."
-Darkwoods by Marta Stahlfeld

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:52 pm

I found a really weird one in Faerie's Falls, AE version. There's a ledge by the waterfalls that only I can get into --NPCs can't figure out how to get on it. So I usually go there to sleep, and when the stranger wolves come to get me, they can't! So I go in and dart to attack them, then I dart back to the ledge where they can't get me back, and I've killed the entire Junction Butte pack numerous times because of this odd bug. The wolves stay away from the falls, so if I'm on one of them and the wolves are away from the falls, they can't figure out how to get me. Only on one occasion did a stranger wolf fall down the falls, but then he got confused on how to get out and spent the rest of his life trying to walk through the rocks as my mate and I killed him so we could go back to sleep. My mate also happened to be a Junction Butte wolf. :roll:

Jellyphants
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Jellyphants » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 am

a couple days ago, i was sleeping next to a moose carcass that i found. i awoke to hear my mate growling, and as we all know, if your mate starts growling, something's very wrong. i turned my camera to see a male bear standing right behind me. i leg it and the bear gives chase. as i'm running, my wolf suddenly takes off into the air with incredible grace. i obviously freak out and press shift+p to get a good look at what's happening, and sure enough, my wolf is levitating, still in the running animation. i go out of photo mode and my wolf glides forwards for a little bit before landing without taking any damage and continuing to run as if nothing happened.

tl;dr my wolf is a pegasus
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png
"now only dogs will follow me..."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:33 pm

You can change a dispersals name. First finish courtship and start the trial. Then go to pack stats and click there name, then you can type what ever you want in there. Then growl 3 times to reject that wolf and BAMM! You now have "Lion from Hoodoo pack" (example) showing in the info above there head after you reject them :shock: Read this off some comment on a youbtube video I think.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:11 pm

I found that if I ram my face into the rock guarding the back of the Floppy enclosure in LR, and then immediately spin around and take off running, I run on the air! Once I'm 3 miles above the ground, I'll fall all the way back down without even getting hurt. :lol:

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:01 pm

I discovered a way to get into Floppy's enclosure in the LR Classic map in the Anniversary Edition. There's a spot where if you repeatedly jump while running at the wall at a certain angle, you can get past the barrier and get a chance to view Floppy close-up. You could do this in 2.7 as well, but it was at a different spot along the barrier. Interestingly enough, you can also glitch your way out of Floppy's enclosure in the same part of the enclosure in both versions of the game, although in the Anniversary Edition you will take a lot of fall damage by doing so. I find it funny how even in a completely different version of the game, the same glitch exists where you can enter Floppy's enclosure, which I guess is just a side effect of having the exact same map in two versions of the game. Still, it's very interesting that the same location-based glitch is present in both the 2.7 and AE versions of the game, considering how different they are from one another.

I guess that the phrase "the more things change, the more they stay the same" is definitely true in WolfQuest!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”