What bugs did you find?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Loua
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: What bugs did you find?

Post by Loua » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm

You know that in windows laptops there is like this button that's like a shortcut to minimize the page where you are? Well,when I click this button on WQ and I go back all my game glitches and the sky starts spinning around while the earth just spins to the opposite side when I move,and I can't see my wolf so I have to reload the game...
Happened to me once in the cattle ranch,I was stalking around finiding a place to jump and attack the calf,whensuddenly the game minimizes and this fiter key thing pops up telling me that "I have been pressing SHIFT for more than 8 seconds bla bbla bla"and I click on cancel filter keys,I go back to the game and night sky spins and I can't see my wolf,and since you can't click on the options enu when you are at the cattle ranch I had to minimize the game with the shortcut windows key and I had to shut down the computer and then start again.
I'll see if I get a screenshot of it ^ ^
Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby
~Ruth E. Renkel

¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıן pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ƃuıuɹnʇ pɹıǝʍ ןɐǝɹ ʞooן noʎ ʍouʞ noʎ pıp

Birdwatching is AWESOME!!!!!

Avvie by Me!

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Jaaku Okami wrote:On the AM Single Player load game screen, theres a Auto-Save Cattle Ranch one, and when you click it, it sends you back to AM with no name. -_-
Happen to anyone else?
Hecks yes! XD

:/ I recall once on Amethyst Mountain that, on a trip to a lonely carcass, that a bear appeared. Desperate for a meal I walked over to the carcass and tried to gett here first, and we made it at the same time. Instead of doing what normal bears do, either standing there and waiting for me to leave, or swatting me away, it fled like a jackrabbit. FLED. XD I didn't even do anything do it. Actually all of my bears in Amethyst Mountain do that now. Lions and Tigers and Bears? OH MY! XD NOT! Cowardly Lion can meet BOB the Cowardly Bear.

Anyone else get that?

Also, though I don't think this is a glitch. When I'm hunting and after I kill an elk, bull or cow, another carcass, always cow, appears closeby within my sight. I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that but it turns my game into an Elk Graveyard almost capable of being compared to the Lion King's Elephant Graveyard. -.- It's sorta annoying.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Here's one.

In MP, I type in a long sentence and then post it. But when I type in another sentence it wont let me see the top! Only half of it appears.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Well there was this one glitch which was that when I marked my territory my mate + pups would freeze but I could still move xD Anyways after a while they go back to normal =)
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

SunTheCoyote
Pup
Pup
Location: Sitting in school, dreaming of a place far,far away. Wishing SC 2.5 would come out sooner.

Post by SunTheCoyote » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm

On AM I died hunting a bull elk alone, and my carcass popped up everywhere, five total and my camera messed up too it got all glitchy, I coulnt save the game, so I lost my Data.In SC My pups flew away,My mate got stuck in the den literally,and my pups died then just came back,weird right?Also in some of my games the Eagle never came,bears and coyotes never came, my pups all died except for one and that one was sitting there next to the den playing and having fun when POOF! He appeared across the map! My Mate and i ran all the way to where he was but he walked off the map! Then nothing happened the game did not end, even when the pup died,My Mate went hunting and ran from that spot to the den,then one day he got food and was reguritating it all over the place when i attacked a bear he went after it regurgitating food lol!!! Then when I got back on after a day my pups were back full health! I finished that game.
Parents:Coyote and Coyote
Pups:Coypup1
Coypup2
CoyPUP3
Coypup4
"Good Better Best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best!"
I <3 WQ!¸.•*¨*`•.¸¸.•*¨*`•.¸50% Coyote, 50% Wolf

SwiftFire
Pup
Pup

Post by SwiftFire » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 pm

Sometimes if I push the space bar when starting a new SC SP game (to get it to go faster and not have to wait) i cant move my wolf except for going forward, and then it walks in circles when its gets to the edge of the cliff. It also happenes sometimes when i enter a MP game. :? Has that happened to anyone else?
90% of teenage girls would die if the Jonas Brothers jumped off a 20 story building. If your in the 10% that would get a chair and popcorn and say "Do a flip!" pass this on.

I support the anti-twighlight movement!

Warrior cats rule!

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:52 pm

I've seen elk carcasses floating way up in the sky. They look like ravens, but you can clearly see they are elk because of the legs. I only noticed them because I howled on HeadCam and they happened to be there.
██████████████

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:15 pm

i found one when one hawk took a pup out of my mouth then another one comes and and kills a pup and then three or four come and when they killed all my pups they started carrying off me and my mate XD lol funny but its a bug i found XD
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

wolf_storm
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolf_storm » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:25 pm

cloudywolf wrote:i found one when one hawk took a pup out of my mouth then another one comes and and kills a pup and then three or four come and when they killed all my pups they started carrying off me and my mate XD lol funny but its a bug i found XD

how did they carry off you and your mate? when all your pups died did you get the pop up that said all your pups have died, start over with a new litter, or choose a save game?did they all come at once? (sorry about all the questions)
).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;.._\\

.................AVVIE BY Koa

Ashira
Pup
Pup
Location: Standing on the edge of a cliff howling with the wind blowing on the fur on my face.

Post by Ashira » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Ok so I chose the SC den because the den looks nice same as the territory and the flowers and grass around the den would be fun for pups to explore in. Then I mark my territory after that I get pups every things fine until this happens ok so i save my game quit later on I decide to play again but when I load my game I can scent mark but the territory percentage don't go up and the territory map is completely grey! Also my pups all start walking towards the bison peak cuttoff den and look like a little pup army! LOL! :lol: So I go to the bison peak den and suddenly the territory percentage go up when I scentmark! However the territory map stays grey and its really annoying cause it's like the game and my pups want me to have the bison peak cuttoff den! But I want to have the Slough Creek den.
Very annoying glitch.
H.O.W.L
Help Our Wolves Live!
My DeviantArt: http://ashiracresent-claw.deviantart.com/

Keekay
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Keekay » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:19 pm

SwiftFire wrote:Sometimes if I push the space bar when starting a new SC SP game (to get it to go faster and not have to wait) i cant move my wolf except for going forward, and then it walks in circles when its gets to the edge of the cliff. It also happenes sometimes when i enter a MP game. :? Has that happened to anyone else?

Yes that has happened to me, as well as in MP i cant turn.
i wander over in the night, I sit down and look up to the stars. The wind stirs up and rustles my fur gently, i look up to the moon and close my eyes. I howl at the moon to fill the void in my soul~

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:14 pm

wolf_storm wrote:
cloudywolf wrote:i found one when one hawk took a pup out of my mouth then another one comes and and kills a pup and then three or four come and when they killed all my pups they started carrying off me and my mate XD lol funny but its a bug i found XD

how did they carry off you and your mate? when all your pups died did you get the pop up that said all your pups have died, start over with a new litter, or choose a save game?did they all come at once? (sorry about all the questions)
no nothing poped up and said all your pups have died start with new littler or all that no nothing like that happened the hawks just carryed us off as if they were carrying off the pups and they didnt stop carrying us off i kept trying to run away but its too fast. and when they carry me off i look like im standing.
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Once the Eagle carried off my pup and me!

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:05 pm

i went to start a new game at AM with a wolf i had used before (i wanted to get different colored pups) and it started me on slough creek saying i had four pups and a mate will full heatlh, but there is nobody but me there! and it says i am on the final journey! has that happened to anyone else?
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

dashgame
Pup
Pup

Post by dashgame » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Hmmm. . .
My Favorite Bu Was "Speed Glitch" Bug
I enjoyed it :D
I didn't like the bug when your mate Froze. . .
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ βʊββlɘs Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”