most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

SwiftFire
Pup
Pup

Re: most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Post by SwiftFire » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:17 pm

A way to keep your mate away from a carcass (at least temporaraly) is to push 'H' and then keep eating. They will howl and you can eat in peace.
90% of teenage girls would die if the Jonas Brothers jumped off a 20 story building. If your in the 10% that would get a chair and popcorn and say "Do a flip!" pass this on.

I support the anti-twighlight movement!

Warrior cats rule!

shadowwolf966
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shadowwolf966 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Sometimes when I kill a rabbit, my mate Kodak will just kinda' slow mo' walk through me and the rabbit, pushing me away from it. :evil: It gets really annoying cause' he will just loop back around and wag his tail at me. But my other wolf mate will not do that! I wonder if it's a glich or something....
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Shadow, proud to be a Tafuria of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../...........//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Siggie (c) Alpha Female

LyraLove
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LyraLove » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:39 pm

When I go to hunt elk, my mate Lucian will not attack the same one I am attacking, which is the weakest one, but he will go after some random cow elk. Once I target the cow elk that he is attacking, he will only bite it once and then I have to kill it on my own, and after it is dead, he will eat most of the carcass and push me away from it.

Every time a rabbit passes he has to kill it and eat it, even if I am in pursuit of it, and if I kill one, he eats it too. Never again am I ever going to hunt and kill a rabbit if my mate is near! :x

Noelle26
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Noelle26 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:43 pm

SilverMoon636 wrote:LoL I think I am the only person here with a nice calm mate xD :o
Me too! Cody is very good at hunting with me and keeping the same elk. He always lets me eat first too ;) He's a keeper!
WOLVES:
Aranel ("princess")-sandy female
Sadron ("faithful")-muddy brown male

PUPS:
Veryon ("brave")-male
Feredir ("hunter")-male
Melima ("loveable")-female
Raina ("gracious")-female

FeliCanidae

Post by FeliCanidae » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:34 am

my mate... well he does LOADS of annoying things. when we hunt, it takes me a while to bite the elk, he runs alongside it but wont attack it. he only attacks an elk bwhen i bite the elk once. otherwise he just runs with it.

i like it when he kills hares because it adds points to my score in player stats, ive killed [and him] over 100 hares because of it! and of course i used the magical hare bush XD

another annoying thing he does is constantly run in circles when im not running or walking. when i eat an elk he runs in circles and pushes me, he keeps doing it until i start running again, and whenever we chase coyotes, i bite it once, then he bites it and pushes it away until i howl or i stop. and when we hunt in the burn, he gets stuck behind a bunch of fallen dead trees. he wont run AROUND the trees he just runs torward me but is stuck behind them still. its annoying. ¬_¬ but its fun having him with me, he makes me laugh! XD ollie is my female wolfs mate, my male wolfs mate does all this tooo, she chickens out and buddy has to kill on his own!
Last edited by FeliCanidae on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Necro-Obscurite
Pup
Pup

Post by Necro-Obscurite » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:42 am

My mate doesn't cause any problems.... <_<... .. :D
SpyroxCynder
BaltoxJenna
NecroxDreadwing

Sarine

Post by Sarine » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:58 am

Necro-Obscurite wrote:My mate doesn't cause any problems.... <_<... .. :D
What?!?! That's amazing!! XD

hyperkitteh

Post by hyperkitteh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Today Kiv's mate scattered an elk herd while she was stalking it. Then he sat back and didn't help kill the elk at all! When the elk had finally died, he kept pushing Kiv out of the way so he could eat and not her!

Medenagen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Medenagen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Of the games I have saved, about half of them have mates that incessantly push me out of the way of food. Once in a while, they'll snatch the food from me. They've also been known to push me out of the way while I'm after a hare. I'll be almost within range to bite, and then, BAM! Mate shoves me sideways and snags the hare.

On one of my saved games, I have a ditz of a mate who randomly decides to stop hunting while we're in the middle of the hunt. The health level of my mate is at least half to three quarters full when this happens. XD One minute, we'll be hunting together. The next, my mate is off on the other side of the elk grounds, far from the herd, doing absolutely nothing while I'm losing health trying to take down a meal alone. Crazy wolf.

On a different saved game, I have a mate who decides to go charging into the middle of the elk herd before I get there (when I say this, I mean my mate goes charging into the group just after they appear on the screen), usually picking one of the strongest elk to start biting on...scattering the rest of the elk everywhere. Would ya just wait a second, you crazy wolf, before charging off to pick on the strongest elk in there?! lol

And, of course, on another game, I have a mate who decided food was bad and pretty much refused to eat anything. It only happened during one playing session which I decided not to save, but she kept wandering around doing nothing for food even after we just killed an elk, despite the fact her health was nearly gone. *sighs*

I'm just glad I haven't gotten any of those "mates wandering to the edge of map and getting stuck there" things. :D
~Nothing but a figment of the mind.~

+Moon+
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by +Moon+ » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:06 pm

My mate doesn't cause problems to me he only kills hares
"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you"
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Avvie by Fidd

SwiftFire
Pup
Pup

Post by SwiftFire » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Today my mate picked the strongest elk, bit it once, and helped me chase it all the way across the map. Then he started running in circles. I needed one more bite to the elk but i had this much health left (min. -[--------------------- max) and I had to get to a carcass... he kept running in circles until i started eating and then he pushed me away and ate (he didnt do anything! :evil: ) until it was all gone. I died because I couldent find another fast enough...

Sorry its so long i tend to post things in detail...
90% of teenage girls would die if the Jonas Brothers jumped off a 20 story building. If your in the 10% that would get a chair and popcorn and say "Do a flip!" pass this on.

I support the anti-twighlight movement!

Warrior cats rule!

silverstream11
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by silverstream11 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:37 pm

I always get that thing that my mate runs off to the edge of the map. One time I killed an elk, and he starts to totally pig out on the food, leaving barley any for me, and then goes and runs off to the edge off the map. Another time, near Amethyst Mt., I was feeding off of a carcass and my mate goes after a coyote. He chases that coyote to the edge of the map and the coyote and him keep running and running (you know what happens when a wolf hits the edge of the map). Finally he kills it, but he kept running in place. Finally I had to restart the game. Annoying? Very.
Green Day

Remember when race issues were about who could run the fastest?
Remember when getting high was who could swing the highest?
Remember when you just wanted to grow up?

caitlincollins
Pup
Pup

Post by caitlincollins » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:29 pm

my mate on wq never helps me hunt ans he makes me do all the work and im like hello? u gonna help?
Past Packs: Thunder Moon Pack,Shadow Diamond Pack,and a few others I forget

Britska

Post by Britska » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Hmm, he happens to run around waiting until my character takes down the elk then comes to eat it. I also don't like it then they glitch in the corners.

Da Wulf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Da Wulf » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:38 am

When I'm hunting I chase an elk away and leave it to wander back to pack (so it walks in to you xP) but then my mate magically appears and starts chasing it away again just as I'm about to get it! Then I have to howl to stop him chasing it.
Syksyn- Alpha Female of Silver-River Pack
Join the pack at
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28879
We'd love you to join!
S-R currently has only a few members. Loads of great ranks open!

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”