most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Post by Flamesky » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:48 pm

DireWolf27 wrote:While I'm trying to hunt, they annoyingly do the opposite of what I'm doing, (sneak, walk, run) and get in the way, startle the herd to soon, etc. And then while they're hunting alone, they do perfectly fine.
Yeah, that's really annoying. I go over to the elk hunting ground, select my prey and start chasing it. My mate usually just runs ahead of me, startling the elk and then zigzags in front instead of biting the elk. The mate usually doesn't help unless I have caught up and bitten the elk.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:54 pm

When the mate randomly decides to appear at the cattle ranch after a hunt, only to have to run all the way back to the den territory I chose with them and hoping no predators spawn while we're unable to defend the pups. ; - ;

The WolfQuest mate enjoys trolling...
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:48 pm

nightangelwolf wrote:When the mate randomly decides to appear at the cattle ranch after a hunt, only to have to run all the way back to the den territory I chose with them and hoping no predators spawn while we're unable to defend the pups. ; - ;

The WolfQuest mate enjoys trolling...
That happened to me. I was so frustrated, I wanted to kill my mate and get a new one. Apparently WolfQuest mates have no value if you want to sell (small, not really funny joke). I hate it when the mates troll.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

The Traveler -
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by The Traveler - » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:13 am

Normally, my mates are actually pretty decent.

On my most recent playthrough, though, my mate is awful. She would randomly pick a direction and slow motion walk there on Amethyst Mountain, and on Slough Creek, in winter, she managed to run off to Upland Meadows, not even hunting. She didn't come back until the game teleported her when the pups were born.

She would also walk in a circle until she bumped into me and push me away, and would usually do this while I was trying to feed a starving pup. She also spent an entire mission stuck in the den, walking in place.

On the rendezvous trip, she dropped my favorite pup in the river and left it there until I saved it.

Wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:16 pm

The Traveler - wrote:Normally, my mates are actually pretty decent.

On my most recent playthrough, though, my mate is awful. She would randomly pick a direction and slow motion walk there on Amethyst Mountain, and on Slough Creek, in winter, she managed to run off to Upland Meadows, not even hunting. She didn't come back until the game teleported her when the pups were born.

She would also walk in a circle until she bumped into me and push me away, and would usually do this while I was trying to feed a starving pup. She also spent an entire mission stuck in the den, walking in place.

On the rendezvous trip, she dropped my favorite pup in the river and left it there until I saved it.
Wow, that's even worse than some of my mates have been (a few are normal but I've had some bad ones)! O.o
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

xXDarkNightmareXx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by xXDarkNightmareXx » Thu May 08, 2014 2:46 pm

He pushed me in a river lol then he drowned my puppy and then nhe left one puppy all alone in the middle of nowhere( :?: :! :evil: :x :? )the puppy got devoured by the eagle and i was like ''dang it '' '' what the heck?!??!?!?!''

Cheyannfelts
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cheyannfelts » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:56 am

my mate got stuck in the den.. (saddle meadows) XD
CHEY~

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Another thing.
I hate it when your mate refuses to care for your pups. One time I was going downhill (Saddle) to hunt for food, and my mate just went with me. When I turned around, she was wagging her tail. My pups were defenseless. I said, "Honey...GET YOUR FAT TAIL BACK HOME!"

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW

Cheyannfelts
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cheyannfelts » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Another thing.
I hate it when your mate refuses to care for your pups. One time I was going downhill (Saddle) to hunt for food, and my mate just went with me. When I turned around, she was wagging her tail. My pups were defenseless. I said, "Honey...GET YOUR FAT TAIL BACK HOME!"
Also when your on your huge quest your mate dosnt help you pick up the pups he just follows you
CHEY~

MistyWolf10101
Pup
Pup

Post by MistyWolf10101 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:20 am

Once, I was trying to feed one of my pups and my mate started pushing me away! That pup ended up dying. :cry: HOW COULD YOU, BEOWULF!? :x :evil:
.*¨*.¸.*¨ ¸.*¨¨*'.˛ ¨*'.˛.*¨*.

ƸӜƷ

м ι s т y

ƸӜƷ

.*¨*.¨*'.˛¨*'.˛ ¸.*¨¸.*¨.*¨*.

Av/Sig: river6/Emberflare

Blue Scarred
Pup
Pup

Post by Blue Scarred » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:44 pm

My mate indirectly murdered two of my beloved pups. The story, below.
I recently found interest in playing Single Player again. I'm just, you know, marking my territory and all, minding my own business (literally). My mate is just running around like a maniac. I notice that he keeps crashing into trees, tripping into carcasses, and even tried attacking a bear. I had to howl so he'd stop moving and I could shove him away from it.

Springtime! Our pups! What a father was my mate. He would always bring food to the pups, and defended them with ease. He was the perfect mate, until my first try at feeding our pups on my own. I'd walk towards Puppy1, and spam the "F" button to feed it. Before my avatar even had a chance to bend over, here comes my mate, charging the puppy away from me like I was going to kill it. He ran into me once, literally knocking me to hunting grounds because he was headed there. Eventually, I did feed my pups, only while he was away hunting. But, he had a habit of keeping me away from my pups.

At the 15 lbs point of the pups' lives, it was time to start our journey. 2 pups had died to starvation, thanks to their father. I made sure to fill myself with maximum food levels, and ran away from the den with one pup, hoping we could survive together without my mate ruining our lives. I reached the quiet den site, the one with a star symbol on the compass. I set my pup down, and fed it. Realizing the journey had taken all of my extra food, I had to leave the pup for a second to find a carcass. That was the end of the game... Or, so I thought. The game sent me a stranger wolf to end my game. It "ended..." With my mate teleporting directly behind my spot, my abandoned pup in his mouth. Yet, he could howl, with the pup in his mouth. A freaky glitch, and potential start of a terrible future with this as the father to my pups.

MistyWolf10101
Pup
Pup

Post by MistyWolf10101 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Cheyannfelts wrote:
Another thing.
Also when your on your huge quest your mate dosnt help you pick up the pups he just follows you
My mate was pretty good on the rendezvous trip, he fed the pups when they got really hungry, and he sometimes picked them up and carried them to me. He's usually a good mate, but sometimes he gets all glitchy, like the time when a grizzly bear was within feet of the den. Luckily, the bear was glitchy, too, and it went right past my pups. I was SO relieved.
.*¨*.¸.*¨ ¸.*¨¨*'.˛ ¨*'.˛.*¨*.

ƸӜƷ

м ι s т y

ƸӜƷ

.*¨*.¨*'.˛¨*'.˛ ¸.*¨¸.*¨.*¨*.

Av/Sig: river6/Emberflare

Duskehh
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Duskehh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:57 pm

MistyWolf10101 wrote:My mate was pretty good on the rendezvous trip, he fed the pups when they got really hungry, and he sometimes picked them up and carried them to me. He's usually a good mate, but sometimes he gets all glitchy, like the time when a grizzly bear was within feet of the den. Luckily, the bear was glitchy, too, and it went right past my pups. I was SO relieved.
I feel like all of you are lucky. I usually have to do 99% of the work with my mate just running around and doing the exact opposite of what I want him to do. To be fair, I haven't played in awhile so there may be bugs that were in the game that had been fixed since then.

Most of the time, though, I'm usually just standing around and my mate is just running in circles around me or pushing me around. It's kind of funny at first but then it gets to be a bit annoying.
...Please, always remain who you are. ☂
-------------------------------------------------

Kindwing
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kindwing » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:30 am

A lot of times when I hunt hares, my mate eats the ones I caught and I can't eat them. Either that or when I finish hunting elk he decides to take the first bite even if he was lagging around, not contributing. And there's a weird glitch where whenever I howl or wag my tail he starts slowly walking away and ignoring me, and I have to either reload or run around to get him to stop. Other than that, my mates have usually been good mates :P

MissyMcHowls
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by MissyMcHowls » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:26 pm

My mate dropped every one of my pups in a RIVER, killing everyone of them. Then, when I finally left the river, He went and got himself in a fight with a bull elk and died about 5 times. I quit. -_-

By the way I'm new on the forums but just had to reply here. Nice topic by the way :)

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”