most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Scarlet Kilometers
Pup
Pup

Re: most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Post by Scarlet Kilometers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:31 am

Wow. I guess I really dodged a bullet when it comes to Dumb Mate Behavior. I will say though, one really irritating thing that seems to be consistent across all mates is not realizing that you're hunting an elk and not just chasing it until you actually bite it. It has functionally rendered it impossible for me to hunt with a slower wolf because I can't get close enough to the thing to bite it, even though my PARTNER clearly can DX
you can see me, right. tell me what is wrong with this picture.
--John Egbert

Vanilla0
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Vanilla0 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:22 pm

well, in 2.5 my mate and i were slowly making our way to the summer grounds.The hawk came in search of a fuzzy snack, and it came down i was to far to get it and my mate was right next to the hawk, but of course he didn't chase it off.Then another pup was eaten by a coyote. I had 2 pups left, then out of NO WHERE he just dropped Blacktop in the river, he always had something against blacktop, so my only survivor was Fang the runt. :cry:

Siaka
Pup
Pup

Post by Siaka » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:32 pm

Gee, so many things :twisted: The most annoying thing Dusk has done is probably putting my favorite puppy Spring into the river, and it washed her away. Well, that's why I don't trust Dusk anymore 8)
.:HEAR MY CALL:.
One wolf
One quest
One fate

Dragonbot
Pup
Pup

Post by Dragonbot » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:51 am

My mate has done stupid things even though they are (i feel) a bit smarter.

There was a time when they were just walking in circles like they were mad at me. Then, while we were chasing a really injured cow elk, all of a sudden they run off and die from attacking the bull :moose: . I have to say this, they did save my fav pup from a grizzly.
What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

SkrillHowl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SkrillHowl » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:21 pm

A cougar appears on the way to the rendezvous site… I run towards the cougar, my mate goes "You're running after a cougar? What about the pups?" and picks up a pup and runs upto the cougar, drops the pup in front of the cougar "Your pup has died" due to a cougar attacking it :(

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:01 pm

Luckily my main mate has been pretty good to me, but he has done a couple of weird things.

Whenever I die, because of his AI he brings the pups to my dead body, as if I'm still alive.. o.o

One litter, he ran off with a pup named Raja to get him across the river, and when I came to Raja he was nearly dead.

I usually totally depend on him for food during the final mission, but when the pups were starting to get pretty hungry at one point it took him longer than I enjoyed to get food for them. :P

EDIT: Also, earlier he decided to pick up a pup named Dawn, and stay as still as a rock. I had to feed her to get her out of her father's mouth. Then he stayed like a rock for several minutes while I continued to take the pups to the rendezvous site. When he finally got out of his trace, he ran up Douglas Fir Slopes and stayed there, then he started pacing (or going in a circle, Idk) at the top of the hill, and wouldn't come back until I reloaded the save. :roll:

koolkatkoolkat123
Pup
Pup

Post by koolkatkoolkat123 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:57 am

My mate was absolutely no help my last game. He ran off to hunt, came back didn't feed a single pup then ran off again. I have not seen the glitch yet where your mate runs behind the den

During the journey to the summer den he wouldn't pick up OUR LAST REMAINING PUP but picked him up when I turned to run after a predator. Have mates been programmed to not bring pups across the river now? I ran over to check out my route and my mate followed me but of course didn't bring the pup. My first attempt to bring the pup across the river he whined at me to put him down and I had to put him down, in the creek.

I reloaded at the den and mate was still useless

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:02 pm

To be fair, my current mate is generally rather helpful, and I haven't had the same frustrations with her as I've had with other mates (particularly those from WQ 2.5). But I swear she's had some traumatizing experience with rivers that causes her to freak out whenever she's near them. When I was completing the final journey mission from Saddle Meadows, my pups were starving. They were close to death and I was trying to get them across the river so I could leave them and find food. When most of them were crossed and I only had one or two left, my mate grabbed one and ran away. She started frantically sprinting along the river with the pup, and refused to stop no matter what I did. I tried chasing after her, but it took forever to actually catch up to her, and at this point, I was very far away from the rest of the pups. I wasn't able to hit the tiny 'feed pup' button while running to force my mate to drop the pup, so she ended up running around with it until it starved.
Completing the journey mission from East Creek wasn't so painful. But, as we reached the Sandbar, she did snatch a pup and began to run across the river ahead of me, past the second crossing and up the hill on the other side. Then, she calmly placed the pup down and walked off, leaving it there far ahead of me.

She seems to think I'm incapable of crossing the river with them by myself.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

Nuclearsheep
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Nuclearsheep » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:01 pm

My mate kept taking pups into battle.

Riverstorms
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: River

Post by Riverstorms » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:27 pm

My current mate, Deke, Isn't too bad but does do a few stupid things... I was chasing a bear three times after dying, and he just stood there instead of attacking it, and once, he went off to get food and came back and didn't feed the pups. He has been my best mate so far so All four pups got to the site. Another time is when my other mate, Jay, the worst mate ever (or maybe not), Kept dropping the pups in the river which made one die, he NEVER fed them, he was constantly hunting, when he was carrying the pups, he was going across the river in the deep part then drops them in the middle of the river, I managed to save 3, and when I got to the site, I had my last pup but he was frozen in a hunting ground and I wasn't able to finish the mission.
(Deke always got stuck behind the den before the journey but it was Saddle Meadows so it was easy to push him out. I named my pups with Deke Chicken, my favorite, Soupy, my second favorite, Opy, Eh, And Carl, who I didn't if he died cause every predator targeted him, Grizzlies usually went after Opy.) :bear:
Keep calm and love animals

ClownfishtheDJ
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Emygra or Mist
Location: Howling with the wolves, grazing with the elk and deer, and adventuring with the coyotes in MT.

Post by ClownfishtheDJ » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Well, LITERALLY just finished my first game with 4 pups alive (As a single parent...) Came across this thread, and decided to post a few. Starting from recent!

About 2 hours ago, my mate called "Storm" kept taking the pups and dropping them near me as I was chasing off TWO bears, and 2 COYOTES at once, and it killed my pups. Luckily it saved before the attack of Bob, Bobette, Carl, and Carla. Also, he kept going to hunt, and whenever I'd leave the den to mark the territory and go grab a carcass to feed my pups with, since he was taking forever, he'd run all the way back with no food like "Where are you going, dear?"

All the time, back in 2.5, I would always choose the Saddle Meadows den, and my mate would sometimes go off, chase a coyote, run back and get stuck in the logs, and I would have to howl, and then push him, but every time I'd howl, he'd randomly start sneaking away. Once I got him free and howled again, he started sneaking away ONCE again, and ended up at the other side of the map.

Goodness, probably 2 years ago, I had a black male for a mate, and every time I'd howl, in Amethyst, he'd start sneaking away, and he ended up running off the map.. Rest in peace, Daryl.

Annd for 3 years, before 2.7, all my mates would pick up the pup they just fed, and ran around with it, until it died! Even if I howled, they'd pick it back up, and when it died, they went for another pup.

Boy, the struggles of the mates! Thank you, WQ Team for making the new mates a little more intelligent. At least they don't run around, get stuck (at least, not as much) and drown your pups (again, not as much)

That's pretty much all I can remember, and not just these 3 mates, ALL of them have done it.. Goodness, why do I keep getting all the all-play-no-work mates? Hehe!
Mysteries never cease. Solve them and you will be pleased.

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:51 am

Most annoying thing would be drowning the pups on the way to summer grounds because I worked so hard to get them to live but noo, he just had to run into that deep water )):
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Post by 44wolfquest » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm

My mates always ruins hunts by just running after an elk instead of helping me herd it. All the mates I've ever raised pups with KIDNAP my pups and just take them to little butte. I've had cases of favoritism where my mate would bring me this one pup and only feed that one pup on the final journey. I really think these mates have issues. :evil:
(`*°•._(`°•._*+*_.•°`)_.•°*`)
For the strength of a pack
Is the wolf,
°•.• WolfQuest •.•°
But the strength of the wolf
Is the pack
(·(·(·(·•·)·)·)·)

Signature by Black Burn

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:07 pm

The most annoying thing thing my mate ever did was at the SandBar Crossing, usual all my mates take all the pups across the creek by them selves, but this one... No matter how hard I tried he would not bring any of them across, and for some reason when I entered the creek with a pup my wolf dropped it for no reason, in the middle. And when I finally THOUGHT he was going to bring one across he just took it farther away from the creek. So annoying.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

Matryoshka524
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Matryoshka524 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 pm

My last mate was pretty good, but he did have some moments

Whenever I was chasing away a coyote/bear/ect. he would pick up one of the pups and chase me? and would drop the pup by me even though I was in the middle of the fight. I was afraid that one day a puppy was going to get killed this way but fortunately none did

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”