most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

thirteen889184
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: most annoying thing your mate on wq has done

Post by thirteen889184 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:17 am

It seems that I either get mates that are good at hunting, or good with the pups, and neither both, lol.

I had one mate that didn't help at all with the pups on the journey, so I killed a rabbit to get enough to feed the pups, and he ate it >.< So I ran to a carcass and had just gotten enough for myself, and then he ate the rest. I was so annoyed, lol. This same mate took one of the pups on top of the little butte and left it there, so I had to go get it, which is why I didn't have enough food in the first place. sigh.

I had another mate that wouldn't help with hunting, he'd just run at the elk from the opposite direction, making it impossible to herd the elk anywhere. Then, he'd keep pushing me out of the way to eat. I ended up having to kill nearly double the amount of elk that I usually do on the same difficulty level, and even then I just barely made it to the summer site with all the pups alive! So annoying.

In general, I've had several mates that were really good about bringing the pups closer to me during the journey (one even somehow managed to bring two at once? lol). Usually this is good, but when i'm trying to fend off a predator and I have my mate shoving a pup in my face, it gets bothersome. Lol.

I also had one mate who, whenever I stopped to do anything, would run up and get right in front of me. I had to howl to be able to eat, and it made it so much harder to fend off predators or do much of anything because I had to go around my mate and try to get away from them, lol.

I probably have more, but i'll have to think about it lol.

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Last night my mate wouldn't stop feeding the pups! He kept eating all the carcasses and feeding the pups even though they were full! To bad we can't bite our annoying mates, cause I would've then.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

Poa
Pup
Pup
Name: Twister

Post by Poa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:50 pm

I agree about the biting thing. xDDD I've wanted to bite my mate before.

I can't get any elk within walking range of the pups, or my mate will constantly eat the carcass, and constantly feed the full pups.

And every time I run, every...time... My mate picks up a pup and follows. My pups often get so separated it's nearly impossible to protect them. i've had pups die and I barely know it because they were separated from each other, and I couldn't see the sneaky coyote coming up on one of the pups cause I was paying attention to the others, or there was grass/a bush in the way.

Also when I'm herding elk, I hate it when my mate runs ahead of me. Sometimes I just want to herd precision, and my mate running that much ahead of me turn the elk a bit and it's annoying.
Hello! I am Twister, a younger gal who found a cool wolf simulator through a popular YouTuber years ago, and sense downloaded WQ 2.7

(Wolf in my avatar is Orangeslice, founder of my pack, GlacierPack)

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Poa wrote:Also when I'm herding elk, I hate it when my mate runs ahead of me. Sometimes I just want to herd precision, and my mate running that much ahead of me turn the elk a bit and it's annoying.
This always bothers me so much. I just end up howling a load during hunting to distract them but it's such a pain in the neck. x)

I've had a mate recently that just kept pacing back and forth between the den and a relatively close carcass. And that's it. She didn't eat any of the carcass or ever feed the pups, just walked back and forth.
--
► ϟϟ[ϟ]ϟϟ ◀︎
I've lost my way within this town
ϟ
බƖƦƀƠƝƎ꒚
ϟ
The tranquil ᎶᏞᎾᎳ of the song I know, it guides me
▴ ϟϟϟϟ⎶[ϟ]⎶ϟϟϟϟ ▴
--
ѕιggιє@NoyaTusk
αννιє@LupinzPack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 am

Black Burn wrote:Last night my mate wouldn't stop feeding the pups! He kept eating all the carcasses and feeding the pups even though they were full! To bad we can't bite our annoying mates, cause I would've then.
Haha, me too. XD When I still played SP, I wanted to sometimes just kill my own mates so my life will be easier. :lol: Sometimes I want to bite MagcKiller, too.

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 am

it was the final journey, and the same mate I posted about a few days ago wouldn't leave the den! He just sat there in front of the den while I was 500 (maybe less) feet away with two pups that wouldn't sit still and three coyotes trying to get them. No joke. After howling 15 times he finally came and picked up a pup that was wandering towards one coyote. It was the first time I had ever played a wolf with 75% speed and stanima, 0% strength while I'm used to playing 100% strength and 50% speed, it took forever to kill a coyote AND elk AND even a hare! Where as a 100% strength it's three bites and bye bye coyote. Anyway so when we reached the crossing, with only one pup now, I took it across the first time, (we were at the Bison Peak Den) but I didn't want to the second because the water was deeper and my wolf was really small. All my other mates took the pups across themselves, but not this one, he took it farther inland on the crossing peninsula, and refused to take it across. I finally got on my last nerve and getting brave took the pup across myself, it almost died. Bite bite bite
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Black Burn wrote:it was the final journey, and the same mate I posted about a few days ago wouldn't leave the den! He just sat there in front of the den while I was 500 (maybe less) feet away with two pups that wouldn't sit still and three coyotes trying to get them. No joke. After howling 15 times he finally came and picked up a pup that was wandering towards one coyote. It was the first time I had ever played a wolf with 75% speed and stanima, 0% strength while I'm used to playing 100% strength and 50% speed, it took forever to kill a coyote AND elk AND even a hare! Where as a 100% strength it's three bites and bye bye coyote. Anyway so when we reached the crossing, with only one pup now, I took it across the first time, (we were at the Bison Peak Den) but I didn't want to the second because the water was deeper and my wolf was really small. All my other mates took the pups across themselves, but not this one, he took it farther inland on the crossing peninsula, and refused to take it across. I finally got on my last nerve and getting brave took the pup across myself, it almost died. Bite bite bite
LOL, you have never seen what I have... So yeah, while my mate went away to get food, a coyote showed up. I stayed at the the den and waited for it to run to me. Then, after my first bite at it, another coyote showed up and darted for the pups. I huddled by the den and picked at the coyotes who ran to me and the pups. Then another coyote came... I lost a pup to the first coyote (could tell by its health). I killed the first one, then two new coyotes all together showed up. Four coyotes. I saved... say, one pup? :lol:
Seriously, David, (the name of my mate) couldn't you have noticed at all and helped??

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:52 am

This is very annoying! There is something we should we about it?
My mate is also annoying, he just sometimes never feeds the pups, nearly always carrying the pups whenever he wants to. So many other reasons why my mate is so annoying! :evil:
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:54 am

TimberRaven wrote:
Black Burn wrote:it was the final journey, and the same mate I posted about a few days ago wouldn't leave the den! He just sat there in front of the den while I was 500 (maybe less) feet away with two pups that wouldn't sit still and three coyotes trying to get them. No joke. After howling 15 times he finally came and picked up a pup that was wandering towards one coyote. It was the first time I had ever played a wolf with 75% speed and stanima, 0% strength while I'm used to playing 100% strength and 50% speed, it took forever to kill a coyote AND elk AND even a hare! Where as a 100% strength it's three bites and bye bye coyote. Anyway so when we reached the crossing, with only one pup now, I took it across the first time, (we were at the Bison Peak Den) but I didn't want to the second because the water was deeper and my wolf was really small. All my other mates took the pups across themselves, but not this one, he took it farther inland on the crossing peninsula, and refused to take it across. I finally got on my last nerve and getting brave took the pup across myself, it almost died. Bite bite bite
LOL, you have never seen what I have... So yeah, while my mate went away to get food, a coyote showed up. I stayed at the the den and waited for it to run to me. Then, after my first bite at it, another coyote showed up and darted for the pups. I huddled by the den and picked at the coyotes who ran to me and the pups. Then another coyote came... I lost a pup to the first coyote (could tell by its health). I killed the first one, then two new coyotes all together showed up. Four coyotes. I saved... say, one pup? :lol:
Seriously, David, (the name of my mate) couldn't you have noticed at all and helped??
Wow, that is VERY annoying!
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

Mayahara
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Maya

Post by Mayahara » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:09 pm

You know, I’m not sure if this is a thing for 2.7, but my first journey on this game was really stressful.
Everything was okay by the start, when we were crossing the hunting grounds.
When we finally reached the safe spot to cross the river, my mate would take one pup and run away to the end of the map, drop the pup somewhere and then come back to me.
After I’ve recovered the lost pup, i noticed they all were almost starving. No carcass nearby, and I was starting to panic when mate decided to go after food by himself. Walking slowly. Like if everything’s great and fine. And when he finally comes back, he feeds up only ONE pup.
I ended up having to leave the pups alone and find food myself. I don’t know how, but I made it with all four pups, though.

Noxeon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Eon

Post by Noxeon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to since it has happened to me multiple times. I get to the rendezvous site with all of the pups, and my mate decides to run off somewhere for whatever reason, probably to get food which is fine. Then he gets stuck somewhere. I either have to reload the game or my pups starve because it won't get to the ending screen unless the entire pack is there. I suppose it's not a big deal since it's easy enough to reload the game, but it is slightly annoying and I hope it's fixed in wq 3.0 xD

˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙⚫˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
❖❖❖ ―――――――――― ❖❖❖
The ɗɑʀkɳɛรร falls around
me at night

αиd cαяvєร мє
wiтн รilєиcє รσ
bяigнт
❖❖❖ ―――――――――― ❖❖❖
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙

Black Burn

Post by Black Burn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 pm

LunarSkies wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to since it has happened to me multiple times. I get to the rendezvous site with all of the pups, and my mate decides to run off somewhere for whatever reason, probably to get food which is fine. Then he gets stuck somewhere. I either have to reload the game or my pups starve because it won't get to the ending screen unless the entire pack is there. I suppose it's not a big deal since it's easy enough to reload the game, but it is slightly annoying and I hope it's fixed in wq 3.0 xD
This has happened to me too, they usually get stuck eating a carcass.
I find the solution for it though is to howl, once they howl it will come back.. But at its own sweet pace of coarse!
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =

Noxeon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Eon

Post by Noxeon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Black Burn wrote:
LunarSkies wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to since it has happened to me multiple times. I get to the rendezvous site with all of the pups, and my mate decides to run off somewhere for whatever reason, probably to get food which is fine. Then he gets stuck somewhere. I either have to reload the game or my pups starve because it won't get to the ending screen unless the entire pack is there. I suppose it's not a big deal since it's easy enough to reload the game, but it is slightly annoying and I hope it's fixed in wq 3.0 xD
This has happened to me too, they usually get stuck eating a carcass.
I find the solution for it though is to howl, once they howl it will come back.. But at its own sweet pace of coarse!
I don't believe I've tried howling. I will have to try that next time. Thanks for the advice Blackburn!

˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙⚫˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
❖❖❖ ―――――――――― ❖❖❖
The ɗɑʀkɳɛรร falls around
me at night

αиd cαяvєร мє
wiтн รilєиcє รσ
bяigнт
❖❖❖ ―――――――――― ❖❖❖
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:25 pm

So I had killed an elk before I had pups, it was near rendezvous site so I would have food for the pups when I'm bringing them there from Saddle Meadows. So I have meh pups, do all the missions, then I start going to rendezvous. I'm following my nose to my kill, and to my surprise, it's not there! The pups are starving and need that elk carcass, but I cannot eat it. Just then, my mate started eating the grass. Then I realized he was eating the invisible elk carcass! He feeds the pups, and we lived happily ever after. The end.

Figero11
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Figero11 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:37 am

Got stuck on the steepest side of Little Butte and I couldn't get him in-stuck. I also couldn't end the game since he wasn't at the site with everyone. Or how about the time I was fighting a bear and he pretty much fed the pup to it? Lets not forget the time he didn't want to carry the pup to me anymore and left it on the other side of the map where it starved to death. He also got stuck MANY times in LR on everything.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”