Moon Tree Discussion

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

NightlyH

Re: Moon Tree Discussion

Post by NightlyH » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:24 am

Croix wrote:I mean, who needs a tree to make them look cool? Pshh ;D
Yea, I know. I was in a chat once and all these people were by the tree and they thought they could fly and lots of other random stuff :| Some people...
Creator of Return of the Pack project
http://moca.games/

xSelene
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by xSelene » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Nightly-Howler wrote:
Croix wrote:I mean, who needs a tree to make them look cool? Pshh ;D
Yea, I know. I was in a chat once and all these people were by the tree and they thought they could fly and lots of other random stuff :| Some people...

Yeah a lot of people claim that the tree gives them magical powers and the what not. I've never really found any of this very interesting to take part in. Though I find it a tad funny to watch how unrealistic these people are. Of course I never stay long though, there's no point in staying if you come for a realistic roleplay only to have them go on about magical powers and what not.

I know one time (actually this was a few years ago on the game) that these two wolves were fighting and when one walked off it "limped" over to the moon tree and the tree healed them. I found it to be one of those silly things that people do just to seem powerful. To get into any "fight" and be able to come out of it all perfectly fine because the tree "healed" them. Other times people would just stay by the tree and if you tried to hurt them or come into their territory they'd use the tree to either heal themselves or get bigger and stronger to come attack you.
xSelene / Proud Community Member
--- selene-x.deviantart.com
--- icon : Mute

If Only Time Flew Like A Dove ;

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 am

Nightly-Howler wrote: Yea, I know. I was in a chat once and all these people were by the tree and they thought they could fly and lots of other random stuff :| Some people...
Thanks for agreeing with me ^^
Some people can be so strange when they roleplay....

xSelene wrote:
Yeah a lot of people claim that the tree gives them magical powers and the what not. I've never really found any of this very interesting to take part in. Though I find it a tad funny to watch how unrealistic these people are. Of course I never stay long though, there's no point in staying if you come for a realistic roleplay only to have them go on about magical powers and what not.

I know one time (actually this was a few years ago on the game) that these two wolves were fighting and when one walked off it "limped" over to the moon tree and the tree healed them. I found it to be one of those silly things that people do just to seem powerful. To get into any "fight" and be able to come out of it all perfectly fine because the tree "healed" them. Other times people would just stay by the tree and if you tried to hurt them or come into their territory they'd use the tree to either heal themselves or get bigger and stronger to come attack you.
I always just sit there and watch how unrealistic some of these people roleplay and laugh to myself, it's even funnier when I see other people actually going along with it. But really, WQ is supposed to be a realistic game, there are plenty of other site and groups with fantasy roleplay, I don't get why they can't go there?

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:48 pm

It is annoying how the Moon Tree 'gives power to any wolf who touches it' or whatever those rp people say.

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Croix wrote:
Nightly-Howler wrote: Yea, I know. I was in a chat once and all these people were by the tree and they thought they could fly and lots of other random stuff :| Some people...

xSelene wrote:

I always just sit there and watch how unrealistic some of these people roleplay and laugh to myself, it's even funnier when I see other people actually going along with it. But really, WQ is supposed to be a realistic game, there are plenty of other site and groups with fantasy roleplay, I don't get why they can't go there?

I know. The Moon Tree is cool and all, but Croix is right -- WolfQuest is a realistic wolf game and there's no excuse for any of this fantasy and non-wolf roleplay.
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Yea, there are lots of other places to "Power RP" Why do they have to do it here. The only problem it, most of the people who power play are 8 or younger. So when people get mad at them, it can really hurt them! So, that is why I thought it would be a good idea to make a age group thing. Just like on Nintedno games ^^

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Nightly-Howler wrote:Yea, there are lots of other places to "Power RP" Why do they have to do it here. The only problem it, most of the people who power play are 8 or younger. So when people get mad at them, it can really hurt them! So, that is why I thought it would be a good idea to make a age group thing. Just like on Nintedno games ^^
That would be a good idea, but if the younger groups knew that certain things would be restricted they would probably just join the older groups so they can do what they want. I guess we can't prevent everything though >.<

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Croix wrote:That would be a good idea, but if the younger groups knew that certain things would be restricted they would probably just join the older groups so they can do what they want. I guess we can't prevent everything though >.<
Yea, but when you sign up, you have to set your age. So then the game would select for you! That would be better but people could still use fake info on their accounts :|

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Nightly-Howler wrote: Yea, but when you sign up, you have to set your age. So then the game would select for you! That would be better but people could still use fake info on their accounts :|
True, but that still is a good idea ^^

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Yea, I am sure something like that will happen in the future (maybe even in 3.0) And if it does, I am sure the game makers will know to to do it right :wink:

shadowwolf966
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shadowwolf966 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:05 am

BooboosPiggy wrote:
Croix wrote:

xSelene wrote:

I know. The Moon Tree is cool and all, but Croix is right -- WolfQuest is a realistic wolf game and there's no excuse for any of this fantasy and non-wolf roleplay.

I couldn't agree more. I mean sure, fantasy isn't bad or anything, but some people just go way to far with it.
.//...'.'.'.'..(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ тђє คfricคɲ Stคrs Pคςƙ ¸.´¸.*¨) ¸.*¨)
.//...'.///////////.//////////'.'.'..Celebrating 2 years
...........Shadow, proud to be a Tafuria of the African Stars Pack!
.//.......'.'.'.'..Come join the largest pack on WolfQuest today!:
..../...........//.http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Siggie (c) Alpha Female

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:08 pm

shadowwolf966 wrote:I couldn't agree more. I mean sure, fantasy isn't bad or anything, but some people just go way to far with it.
Thank you for agreeing with me ^^ its nice to know that some people feel the same way I do!

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:19 pm

I am sure more than 80% of everyone here hates bad RP's. So we will all back you up ^^

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Nightly-Howler wrote:I am sure more than 80% of everyone here hates bad RP's. So we will all back you up ^^
Ugh I can't stand bad roleplays >.< they irk me so much!

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:43 pm

I don't really have much of an opinion on people who roleplay fantasy. It's a roleplay. Just because the game is educational doesn't mean the game should restrict player imagination. If one doesn't agree with it then just leave the chat.

The powers that Moon Tree roleplayers create are so out there that it's just flat out common sense that it isn't realistic. Since there's the chance that those people are kids, they're actions are relatively harmless. They will come to see just how silly they were as they get older. There is also the chance that they know wolf behavior but are just having fun. Fantasy things are harmless. Only reason it bothers people is because this game is educational.

In my opinion unrealisticness is harmless. Single-Player mode has the educational value, not Multi-player [in my views]. As long as it isn't breaking the rules, anything goes.

With the optional chats being put in I don't think age choices will have a need of being implemented. If it was, kids will just lie about their age to get more privileges. Sad to say, but parent supervision has become rare. I only know two people at my school who get punished for doing something wrong.

There is no good way to make a game exactly perfect/prevent loopholes. The world has imperfections and loopholes, such as languages. I don't think we should bother with fantasy or "moon tree" related things because while it's unrealistic, it's rather obvious. :B

I mean it's not harming anything now. I'm just preparing myself for when 2.5 comes out. :B With weather and time we'll most likely run into more non-wolf RPs than moon tree mysticals.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”