WolfQuest updates take up so much storage

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

WolfQuest updates take up so much storage

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:33 pm

I'm not sure if this is a lot for a PC, but I've noticed WQ updates require a huge amount of storage space for my PC! I have 223 GB of storage altogether, about 6GB available and the wolfquest update requires 14 additonal GB of storage! I don't know, but 20GB for an update alone seems like a huge amount, and this isn't the first time a WQ update has required so much storage. I am unable to delete most of my storage and unfortunately I have been unable to play WQ for months because of this.

Does anyone else feel this way?
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Wind_Shadow
Pup
Pup
Name: Wind, Windy, Shadow

Re: WolfQuest updates take up so much storage

Post by Wind_Shadow » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:01 pm

I recently had an incident that sounds similar, where I attempted to install an update and it told me I did not have enough space. I panicked, and after spending a bit of time trying (and failing) to make space, and ended up closing the computer. When I reopened it and tried again, it installed fine, and so have the one-two updates since then. If it's reoccurring for you, though, it's likely not a fluke or false reading. However, I have had various storage alerts from other instances on my computer since then, so perhaps there is some truth behind that one occurrence?
The darkest night gave birth to a breeze,
Which grew to a storm, which shook the trees
A howl of fury tore through the night,
Fueling the fight to make wrongs right
The cry of the night was spread and thinned,
Carried on the shadow of the wind

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”