RE: Canine Writing Subforum

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

DaniBeez

RE: Canine Writing Subforum

Post by DaniBeez » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:12 pm

Since the thread was unexpectedly locked, I have to respond here instead.

The tones of the replies to my comment asking for specific examples of other online places to post canine writings came across to me as defensive and in Koa's instance, also condescending.

As such, I feel the tone of my own comment was misinterpreted. To clarify: I was genuinely asking for alternative locations to post writings, from people who currently write! I do not currently write animal fiction, nor do I currently read it on DeviantArt. Only webcomics and artwork at present.

Thank you for the suggestions on the original thread despite the tone of their delivery.

I am well aware that the subforums will not be re-opened by requests from the community these subforums are supposed to serve. Regardless of this longstanding difference in opinion, I suggest the original question thread by Wolfdog remain unlocked in the event that other forum lurkers have other revelant locations to add in the future. This could be done with the already stated caveat that the subforums won't ever be opened again on the forum.

If not, I will be making a new post about this compiling these suggestions and others elsewhere on the forum, so that future users always have something to refer and add to as the internet evolves and changes.
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: RE: Canine Writing Subforum

Post by Koa » Tue May 02, 2023 9:11 am

Thank you for clarifying. You or Wolfdog are welcome to make a new thread for suggestions if you believe that your previous thread "Where do you like to post your artwork online? [Poll]" from 2018 is not sufficient to be used as a reference for all mediums/subjects (including writings about non-wolf animals) or is dated (probably the latter). I think there were some previous queries about writing (https://wolfquest.org/bb/search.php?key ... sf=msgonly) within the thread. I would post a new thread in Media, Art & Literature rather than Wolf Multimedia as it concerns non-wolf writings if you choose this route.