"Reinstating" a Dead Wolf

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Skrillning
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Skrill, Skrilly, Sandy, or Ev
Location: Forever playing WolfQuest on extremely low graphics settings

"Reinstating" a Dead Wolf

Post by Skrillning » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:59 am

Okay, I was experimenting with my wolves when the cogs started turning, and I discovered this nifty trick (glitch? hack? not even sure) you can do if one of your Ironwolves dies early or if your wolf got just too old! It can maybe be used to re-roll pup coats, but I'm not entirely sure! :mrgreen:

Please note that for this trick to work, your wolf has to be a pup with a viewable family tree and parents you can access. :D

Here are the steps!
1. Find the pup that you have grown to adulthood and is dead.
2. Delete the pup (This is the hardest part :oops: )
3. Go into the parent's family tree.
4. Find the pup.
5. Re-grow them into a playable wolf.

And presto! Your wolf is alive again! I'm proud to say that I found this trick/glitch/hack without even knowing it existed. If you use this trick via this guide, please credit me when telling your friends! :wolf:
  • POST MERGE
Update: re-rolling pup coats does not seem to work, proving that the game must set those values as a pup is born! :D
Last edited by Neamara on Fri May 05, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post in accordance with the forum guidelines.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into
(O.o ) your signature to help him
(> < ) on his way to world domination...
- - -
@Skrillning :raven: - Call me Ev or Egg! :flower: - Long-time WolfQuester :wolf: - See you around! :pawprint:
Misty fan :mallard:

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: "Reinstating" a Dead Wolf

Post by Neamara » Sat May 06, 2023 6:08 pm

This is a pretty old save exploit. ^^; Still, it's one of the more useful ones if you play ironwolf using your wolf's offspring.

Regarding rerolling coats, pups possess fixed values from the moment they are generated which occurs at the start of the Establish Your Territory mission. Used to be that they weren't generated until you had completed the Find a Den mission, but because that was also the point in time where litter size would also be determined, it was patched out to prevent players from manipulating it. So there's no way to reroll their genetics, attributes or personalities without having to start a new game or reloading a save made in Endless Summer and then jumping to the next year to generate a new litter. A pre-Establish Your Territory save might work for rerolling in Lost River (DLC) but I have not yet tested that.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit