Will the DLC continue to work offline?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Jellyfrog
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Will the DLC continue to work offline?

Post by Jellyfrog » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:44 pm

This is similar to my other question, ‘can you play Wolfquest Anniversary Ed. Offline’. Anyway, I plan on purchasing the dlc and downloading it while I have access to internet but before I do I was hoping someone could tell me if that will work? I’m going to be playing offline once everything’s downloaded. I’m assuming the DLC would work offline but am worried that at some point the game might ‘forget’ it and it will become inaccessible after some time offline? If someone could tell if it will continue to work offline that would be great!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Will the DLC continue to work offline?

Post by Neamara » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:43 pm

I remember someone asked a similar scenario on the Discord server back in July. This was the developer's response:
loboLoco wrote:
Husky wrote:if i buy a dlc for wq, will i have it if im not logged in?
yes, for awhile, but you need to log into your account every week or so to keep it active.
Source: Official WolfQuest Discord Server - Message Permalink
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Rjalker
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Rjalker

Re: Will the DLC continue to work offline?

Post by Rjalker » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:35 pm

(first post in the forum, not entirely sure how this works!)

Will it ever be possible to download the DLCs without having to log in every week? That's really disappointing, it means if I'm ever not able to conntect to the internet, I'll lose access to the thing(s) I paid for...The ability to download them to my computer so I can play them whether or not I'm connected to the internet is definitely something I want, that way in case of disaster if I can't afford internet, I can still play the whole game, it's not very fair to make them only usable when you can connect to the internet to log in...