Bull elk sparring?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Bull elk sparring?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat May 21, 2022 1:55 pm

Has anyone else seen bull elk sparring in AM? I have never come across such a thing and I played on amethyst mountain for a long time. I have never seen bull moose sparring either during the rut. My guess is that the event is very rare to observe, and it takes a specific set of conditions to watch bull elk fight, OR this behavior was scrapped for whatever reason. I could’ve sworn I saw a dev blog video showcasing the behavior. If anyone has any screenshots of this event, and what are the best times to witness it, that would be very helpful.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Re: Bull elk sparring?

Post by rowantobias » Sat May 21, 2022 3:05 pm

i don't know that i've seen it, either - i wonder where the behavior's gone? would be a good thing to send a report about, i think :-)
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

Sasseraph
Name: Sass

Post by Sasseraph » Sat May 21, 2022 3:32 pm

I saw a bull elk fight (rather, I only stayed to watch them do their little circling around bit) just the other week in AM. They will only fight around the beginning of an AM game; the farther along, the closer it gets to winter, and they won't pick fights anymore.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat May 21, 2022 4:19 pm

rowantobias wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 3:05 pm
i don't know that i've seen it, either - i wonder where the behavior's gone? would be a good thing to send a report about, i think :-)
That’s pretty unusual, sounds like we might have another report-worthy bug on our hands. Or at the very least, the devs could tweak the frequency at which it occurs.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Sat May 21, 2022 6:03 pm

-Wolfdog- wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 4:19 pm
rowantobias wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 3:05 pm
That’s pretty unusual, sounds like we might have another report-worthy bug on our hands. Or at the very least, the devs could tweak the frequency at which it occurs.
for sure - i've got a handful-hundred of hours and i haven't seen it, so i gotta wonder!
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

Koi_wolf
Pup
Pup
Name: koi

Post by Koi_wolf » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:01 am

I have seen bull elk sparing. In AM a bachelor herd of bull elk followed a elk herd and I noticed either the 2 bull from the bachelor herd were sparing or it was one of the bachelor and the bull elk of the elk herd but I did see sparing. ( and it was cool :)
*- _“be strong” I said to my wife connection _-*