Eagle Fish Achievement

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Quinlin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Q

Eagle Fish Achievement

Post by Quinlin » Mon May 02, 2022 12:42 am

Hello! I've been struggling with the "Smells Fishy" achievement on the Anniversary Edition, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for it? I've been going to Lamar River and have no problem with finding eagles diving for fish, but afterwards is what trips me up. I follow them but they never land and/or fly past the map border, and I'll see the white "X" in scent view indicating a nearby fish carcass (does this mean it has been dropped?), yet can never find it on the ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Eagle Fish Achievement

Post by Neamara » Mon May 02, 2022 8:35 am

Bald eagles will occasionally drop carried fish they have caught when they despawn. It may be best to watch an eagle and NOT follow it OR run in the opposite direction with your camera facing the eagle's direction, then hurry to where it was last sighted when is disappears. If it had a fish, it's possible you might find it on the ground, and you may be able to spot it or its spores with scent view. Failing that, it's just a case of luck — you might happen upon one when you least expect it.

Dropped fish are slightly more common around bodies of water — I stumbled upon yesterday in SC by the Little Butte — so they definitely still drop, but they've always been pretty rare.

The WQ Wiki used to have an easier method listed on its Fish article, but it was effectively patched out with an AI overhaul some time ago and we've since had to remove it from the article.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Mon May 02, 2022 1:39 pm

a tip i was given by our resident fisher lupin:
- follow eagle with fish until it flies over land,
- sleep,
- find fish since eagle despawned at sleep!
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

Quinlin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Quinlin » Mon May 02, 2022 5:12 pm

Thank you so much for the info and suggestions, guys! I will try those out and see if they bring me any luck. :)

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri May 06, 2022 5:32 pm

rowantobias wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 1:39 pm
a tip i was given by our resident fisher lupin:
- follow eagle with fish until it flies over land,
- sleep,
- find fish since eagle despawned at sleep!
Huh, didn't think of that. Good to know! I'll add it to the Wiki. ^^

UPDATE: Verifying that LupinWQ's method works! https://wolfquest.fandom.com/wiki/File: ... ry_Edition
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Quinlin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Quinlin » Tue May 17, 2022 6:34 pm

Can anyone confirm if the sleeping method still works after the most recent update? If so, does the full sleep cycle have to be completed, or can it be interrupted when seeing the eagle disappear/despawn? I'm still having trouble with this, unfortunately. 😅

Edit: Nevermind! I was finally successful in finding the fish, so to answer my own questions for anyone else who may be wondering- yes, this method still works, and the full sleep cycle does not have to be completed. As soon as I saw the eagle disappear I discontinued my wolf's sleep, and the fish was right where I last saw the eagle!