Unable to add parentheses?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Unable to add parentheses?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:46 pm

Hi, I wanted to change my pups' names because I felt like they didn't really match. Their names are followed by the word (wolfdog) in parentheses for role-play purposes. Unfortunately when I went to change my pups' names It seems like I have to erase the entire name, as opposed to editing only half of it (like the entire name was highlighted). When I deleted it I realized I could no longer attach parentheses to their names. I have also noticed in MP that my adult pups are missing "()" around their names too. My pups have had the same name since December 2020. Is this a bug or did wolfquest remove the ability for players to attach "(" to their wolves' names? If so, why?

Is there any other way I can keep the parentheses around my pup's names? such using a different font etc. I feel like replacing it with II or Xx takes up too much space.

I hope this made sense.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Unable to add parentheses?

Post by Neamara » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:24 pm

A change was made to it last year. I remember reporting an issue last February to do with symbols in mate names which would reliably result in the game being unable to generate a family snapshot. They addressed it by removing the ability to use symbols in wolf names.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: Unable to add parentheses?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:03 pm

That's unfortunate, I'm not sure if this was before the patch but I think I remember someone using a different font? Overall I guess I'm stuck with my pups' names because once I change it I can't go back.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾