Possible bug with the Kings Of the Creek Achievement..?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

BarnUlv23
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Possible bug with the Kings Of the Creek Achievement..?

Post by BarnUlv23 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:43 am

Hi :D

Hum, so I always play with my best friend online, and lately I wanted to do an achievements hunt. So, against his will, I took him on this marvellous adventure.
The thing is, we played on the Amethyst Mountain to get the achievement King of the Hill, which we both got when we had the 4 days passed.
So, we then opened a new server, again, just for him and me, and we started to claim the hexes, just like before, but in Slough Creek. 6 days passed, and I got the achievement...but not him. Why?

I wonder if it's because I'm the host, and the thing saves every time for me, because every time he comes back (an irl day after or so), the markers and everything are gone for him.
So, does that means it resets everything for him every time? If yes, man, he's never gonna get the achievement, because we can't just stay on the pc for 2days irl lol

Do you have any idea why it is like that? Now I feel so bad for having the achievement, and he doesn't, since he worked as hard as me to try to get it (if not even more)

Thank you :c

alleykat3000
Pup
Pup

Re: Possible bug with the Kings Of the Creek Achievement..?

Post by alleykat3000 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:20 am

I'm not exactly sure what the issue may be that's causing this. But I have a feeling it's something to do with being the host, or just a bug that is in the process of being worked on. I would recommend maybe letting your friend host a server and attempt to get the achievement that way. If that doesn't work, then try contacting support. They would know more than I do.

Hope the situation gets fixed for you soon!
"You survived what you thought would kill you.
Now straighten your crown and move forward like the queen you are."

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:18 pm

Yes, I'm positive that it resets every time you re-join the server. I was in a server and many players already had the King of the Hill achievement, but it took me and a few others an extra 2 game days (or more) to get it because we had joined late. If you're really determined, it will only take you a few hours to finish, or less. Your friend can just create his own game and save it.

Also, I agree that it's really annoying how the carcass markers just vanish when you disconnect from the server so you can no longer see it. That should really be looked into.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:40 pm

if you're having issues like this, please send an ingame bug report so the devs can note it down for fixing!
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘